Summary

Value3
Original db Burger, duck confit, Warm Madeleines, Fries that came with the burger, burgers, foie gras terinne, oysters, Carpaccio, Chocolate fondant, Coq Au Vin, Duck Pate, Lobster Salad, Profiteroles, Pumpkin soup, Quail with pistacchio, beet cured salmon with horseradish cream, french toast, fried eggs lyonnaise, lemon floating island, orrechiette with snails, seafood casserole, seafood provencal, vanilla ice cream., warm flourless choc cake, yellow fin tuna View all
Dinner, After Work, Lunch, Romance/First Dates, Vibrant/Noisy, Business Dining, Fine Dining, Large Groups/Gathering, Wine Lists, People Watching, Girls Night Out, Chillout, Brunch, Quiet, Anniversary, Boys Night Out, Children/Family, Supper, Ala Carte, View/Scenery, Nice Deco, Private Dining View all

Great Service and Ambience!

Read my full review with more pictures

db Bistro Moderne has a stylish bar, an casual dining lounge area, and a private room. Their service staff is very friendly and efficient. They quickly show me to my table. They will also check on me after they serve every dish. The food and cocktail were great. I love the Mojito Noir and the warm madeleines which simply melt into my mouth.

Most helpful reviews for db Bistro & Oyster Bar

An upscale diner that has the upscaled prices without the quality of food to match

For more pictures and an in depth review, please visit my blog at:

I had incredibly high hopes for db Bistro Moderne, especially after witnessing all the delectable photos online of their burgers exquisitely cut down the middle! It's too bad the restaurant didn't live up to the photos!

For starters, we ordered the steak tartare. It was delicately plated with a perfectly poached egg on top and some greens and bread on the side. Disappointingly, the taste didn't match the presentation at all. It was in fact, quite tasteless.

For mains we got the New England Casserole with seafood and fennel sausage. I feel like it's my duty to forewarn you all that the New England Casserole does not come with carbs. I clearly am not atas enough to know that casseroles come in different variations and was flabbergasted when we were presented with a huge bowl of seafood in only broth! Once I got over that surprise, I really started enjoying the dish and it ended up being my favourite of the night! The seafood was fresh whilst the soup was incredibly flavourful and light.

To top it all off, we got the Frenchie Burger (beef patty with pork belly) but was wrongly given the Yankee burger which consisted of only a beef patty. It was pretty dull, but we were too ravenous to bother and ask them to change it. Sadly, the beef was undercooked and under seasoned and overall, the burger was a bit dry.

For more details on our experience, visit my blog in my profile!

Great Service, but an unexpected event

We had dinner here on 9 April 2016. The service was great and all staff were friendly, helpful.

However, what are the odds of a glass of iced water cracking while one is drinking from it? That's what happened to my daughter's glass - 2 cracks from the rim downwards, and a small (0.5 cm) shard of glass chipped off. She was shocked but thankfully, quick enough to spit the broken shard of glass out immediately.

The event definitely put a dampener on our dinner. The staff were helpful and apologetic about the incident, an attitude which we appreciated. However, for an establishment that charges the way it does, I would have expected much better quality glassware!

I hope that such incidents never occur again. My daughter is under 10 yrs old, and no, she definitely did not bite the glass or drink from it in any unusual way. The glass simply popped as she took a sip from it.

Dinner after a muscial at MBS DB Bstro

Had a Bouillabaisse as a starter and a Steak Tartare after visiting a musical at the MBC theaters. It was unbelievable bad. The staff was not really interested in any clients. No service and any service was met with the enthusiasm of a dead fish.

The Bouillabaisse was ok taste wise, but the soup was almost non-exist while this seems to be a main course size soup. Lucky I ordered this as a starter otherwise it would be way too small as a main course.

The Steak Tartare was even worse, I was missing the quail egg, added was a type of mayonnaise which i did not prefer. The mayonnaise was there to hide the fridge smell that was in the steak. Probably the steak was some days old in the fridge.

The provided 4 pieces of rye bread were so badly burned that it was an embarrassment. Out of the 4, 3 were burned black on one side.

The provided napkin had a chemical smell that was causing a nauseous feeling. Each time you wipe your mouth it is a real turn off.

Honestly said, for these prices I think their are better places and if I would honor my profession I would just close down and find a new profession. It is really beyond disgrace. A real disappointment for a perfect night out.

should be better than that

overall the standard of quality has dropped since my two visit to DB in 2013 and 2014.

in my recent visit to DB, especially the standard of duck confit has dropped significantly and the garnish was quite sloppy. compared to my first visit to DB it's relatively disappointing. the combination taste of the duck and garnish werent that great, with a big name like that I really hoping for more.

On another hands, the DB burger is definitely a great burger to go for and the taste was up to the value.

the service was great and so of the ambience. but will i go back again? may be not.