Reviews for DB Bistro Moderne

3.4

AmericanEuropeanFrenchWestern
Address: #B1-48, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, 2 Bayfront Avenue, 018956

Great Service and Ambience!

Read my full review with more pictures

db Bistro Moderne has a stylish bar, an casual dining lounge area, and a private room. Their service staff is very friendly and efficient. They quickly show me to my table. They will also check on me after they serve every dish. The food and cocktail were great. I love the Mojito Noir and the warm madeleines which simply melt into my mouth.
• 22 Jul 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Dinner after a muscial at MBS DB Bstro

Overall
Had a Bouillabaisse as a starter and a Steak Tartare after visiting a musical at the MBC theaters. It was unbelievable bad. The staff was not really interested in any clients. No service and any service was met with the enthusiasm of a dead fish.

The Bouillabaisse was ok taste wise, but the soup was almost non-exist while this seems to be a main course size soup. Lucky I ordered this as a starter otherwise it would be way too small as a main course.

The Steak Tartare was even worse, I was missing the quail egg, added was a type of mayonnaise which i did not prefer. The mayonnaise was there to hide the fridge smell that was in the steak. Probably the steak was some days old in the fridge.

The provided 4 pieces of rye bread were so badly burned that it was an embarrassment. Out of the 4, 3 were burned black on one side.

The provided napkin had a chemical smell that was causing a nauseous feeling. Each time you wipe your mouth it is a real turn off.

Honestly said, for these prices I think their are better places and if I would honor my profession I would just close down and find a new profession. It is really beyond disgrace. A real disappointment for a perfect night out.
• 23 Jan 2015 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

should be better than that

Overall
overall the standard of quality has dropped since my two visit to DB in 2013 and 2014.

in my recent visit to DB, especially the standard of duck confit has dropped significantly and the garnish was quite sloppy. compared to my first visit to DB it's relatively disappointing. the combination taste of the duck and garnish werent that great, with a big name like that I really hoping for more.

On another hands, the DB burger is definitely a great burger to go for and the taste was up to the value.

the service was great and so of the ambience. but will i go back again? may be not.
• 29 Jun 2014 • 62 reviews • 1 follower

Great Service and Ambience!

Read my full review with more pictures