Back to Delicious#B1-16/19, Scotts Square, 6 Scotts Road

Relaxed3 votes

Glorior
 • 17 Jun 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
When you name your establishment Delicious, you really ought to live up to the name. The food at Delicious is anything but delicious.

On Saturday night, we made a reservation for 6 for Sunday brunch through HGW and were pleasantly surprised at how easily we got our reservation. That should have clued us in to how our experience was going to turn out.

On Sunday morning, my fiance and I strolled up to Delicious and were appalled to find nobody in the establishment at all. Zero, zilch. And the restaurant had been open for half an hour already. Not wanting to be the ONLY ones in the restaurant (and therefore the Suckers), we attempted to go to Wild Honey and to convince our fellow diners to go there instead. But WH was too packed.

So down we went to the forlorn Delicious to eat. But given that it was completely empty (save for a clueless Japanese couple who'd walked in just before us), we were too embarrassed to announce that we'd booked the table for 6 and just sat down.

I ordered the Hainanese Chicken Chop, my fiance the Caesar salad, and friends had the pastas.

The verdict?
Presentation of food - not bad. Pseudo fancy-shmancy with big white plates and small food.

Taste - Not good.

Chicken Chop - fancy looking but no real taste. My chicken chop also came with a generously sized piece of foil, probably left over when they re-heated the food or something. Thank goodness I didn't bite into it.

Caesar Salad with chargrilled chicken  - chicken was way overcooked and rubbery

Smoked Salmon Angelhair - Pasta had not been cooked in salted water and was completely tasteless. Sauce lacked something and was very average

Spicy Crabmeat Linguine - Not well cooked. Very average.

To top it all off, the service was not good. We were told that we could use a UOB card to pay to receive a 1-for-1 discount. But after the card had been swiped, the bill didn't reflect the discount. On enquiry, we were told that because it was Father's Day, the discount didn't apply. Had we known about that, we would've used another card to pay instead! All the waitress did to salvage the situation was to say "Whoops!".

Seriously poor service. In short, we will never go back. And perhaps you shouldn't bother trying this either.

Purplicious
 • 03 Mar 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I had a fairly good experience with the food served in this restaurant. I must say their portions are generous as oppossed to most other restaurants which serve similar food with almost a similar price. The duck confit pasta was light and tasty and definitely a rare item that I have come across. My cousin ordered the crab pasta which was also delicious especially with the perfect amount of spice! We ordered the caesar salad and added the chargrilled chicken and I must say that it was tender and yummy...The highlight was the sticky date pudding with the vanilla ice cream and butterscotch sauce was certainly a treat to die for... It simply topped off everything!Despite being super full, we ended up ordering another set of that. In other words, I would visit this restaurant again!:)))

thedramadiaries
 • 14 Jan 2014 1 review 1 follower
Overall
Delicious is definitely not what the name of this restaurant should be. In fact, I daresay I would whip up better food - and much faster had I walked across to NTUC Fairprice and had access to a stove in Orchard Road. My dining companion and I were there on a Tuesday night - the restaurant was not busy, barely even half full.

After placing our orders within five minutes of getting seated, we waited. We waited for our drinks which took 20 min to arrive (an iced tea and a hot tea), 35 min for their Thai Beef Salad to arrive, and 45 min in all for an open faced Cajun burger and fried Cajun calamari. The Beef Salad was clawingly sweet, the Cajun burger had no traces of cajun and neither did the calamari.

We forked out $71 for a meal we detested. We gave up waiting on the cheque and walked up to the counter to pay when I asked the manager whether they were understaffed. She said, "We always are."

Three minutes later, she asked, "Was everything ok?"

I said, "Service was slow."

She said, "Oh." No apologies, no nothing. What a tragedy. Never coming back. And I suggest you take your money and head somewhere else too.