Back to District 10 Bar & Restaurant#01-15/16/17, UE Square, 81...

Baby back ribs6 votes
Night Out3 votes

bestfoodie
 • 08 Jul 2014 9 reviews 0 follower
Overall
If you are trying to look for attention in this place, don't think about it.
Otherwise the food was worth a try.

ArcticStar
 • 23 Apr 2014 271 reviews 1 follower
Overall
I went to District 10 Bar & Restaurant for drinks vaguely before they moved to the new address, when they were still situated at Newton area. Today, I re-visited for brunch at their new location at 81 Clemenceau Avenue #01-15 / 16 / 17 UE Square Shopping Mall, Singqapore 239917 and the number to dial is 6738 4788.

The interior of District 10 Bar & Restaurant is sleek, contemporary and of rustic European design, complete with exquisite wood furniture of eco-friendly nature. The cosy, relaxed ambience brings comfort to diners but unfortunately the inside is fully-reserved.

Hence, we decided to sit by the lovely and breezy open-concept bar area, outdoors. It was spacious and I felt more exhilarated somehow, able to do people watching and enjoying the kiss of morning sun.

My Fried Eggs with bacon, mushrooms, roasted tomato, hash brown, vegetables and chicken chipolata sausage (SGD$14.00) was served first. I like eggs for brunch as I believe them to be nutritious - fried or not. Morever, the combination of egg-yolks smeared over my bread slice, tucked in with sauteed mushrooms and sourish tomatoes or crispy hash browns, was simply irresistable. The taste was overwhelmingly delicious, my idea of a perfect brunch.

Celine* had the Creamy Scrambled Eggs (SGD$14.00) version of my breakfast - served with muffin, oriental mushrooms, hash brown and roasted tomatoes as well. Another sumptuous brunch of differentiating textures and tastes, hers was more unique with the acquired flavor of spring onion in the egg, giving it an interesting boost of aroma.

For more detailed information and photos, please feel free to pop by:

Must tries: Brunch

Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Brunch, Chillout, Dinner, Lunch

fatpig
 • 17 Mar 2014 471 reviews 68 followers
Overall
The kind folks at District 10 extended an invitation to try out a couple of their signature dishes and since I was in town, I appreciatively made my way down to their outlet @ UE Square one weekday evening.

District 10 is both a bar and a restaurant and offers both indoor and al fresco seating at a rather prominent corner of UE Square. I personally like the wooden interior and high ceilings but the vibe is actually more of a pub than a restaurant. Good for a casual dinner but probably not so much for a romantic date.

Complimentary Bread - This used to be one of the best complimentary bread in my dictionary (back in 2007 when I first tried Bonta). Unfortunately the bread now is but a shadow of its former self. The bread was burnt which gave it a slightly bitter taste whilst the feta cheese within came across as a tad sour. How the quality has deteriorated!

Green Asparagus, Fried Egg Sunny Side Up, Sage Butter - I honestly didn't know what to make of this dish. Asparagus, sunny side up and cheese? $18++? Seriously?

Pan-fried Goose Liver, Wild Berries Sauce & Balsamic Syrup - The foie gras lacked a well seared crust and wasn't as smooth or quivery as I had expected to be. But at least the wild berry sauce did help to cut down a little on the nausea.

Wagyu Beef Carpaccio, Mustard Dressing, Sauteed Wild Mushrooms - This was a waste of wagyu beef in my humble opinion as it didn't elevate this dish past the average mark. Normal beef would have done the trick. And I personally dislike mustard.

Homemade Angel Hair Pasta with Lobster, Peperoncino, Basil & Fresh Tomatoes - I was looking forward to this but unfortunately it didn't quite pan out. The angel hair pasta was way too soft and stodgy from all the gravy that it was plain unappetising. Even the crunchy lobster pieces failed to lift this dish out of the mess. ps: the presentation needs working on as well.

Homemade Foie Gras Ravioli, Light Parmesan Sauce & Scamorza Cheese - This was probably the best dish of the evening in my humble opinion. The ravioli did come across as a tad too thick but the taste of the foie gras was noticeable and not overwhelmed by the light parmesan sauce. Just watch out for the wooziness.

Crispy Goose Leg Confit, Roasted Garlic, Soft Potato Mousse - Mildly crisp skin but overly salty and dry. Pretty much sums up the goose confit.

Signature Black Angus Beef Striploin, Fried Eggs & Black Truffle - I appreciated the black truffle but I fail to comprehend the sunny side up. Nonetheless, the beef was done to a nice medium rare but came across as rather bland and a tad tough. Average dish overall.

Roasted Atlantic Cod Medallion, Spanish Smoked Paprika & Herbs Oil - The cod was decently executed without much fanfare - tender flesh with a hint of sweetness. Lacked the oomph to elevate it past the average mark.

See my entire writeup and pictures here.

Management

Dear fatpig,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback. We continuously strive to offer a memorable dining experience that encompasses quality service, good food and a convivial ambience for diners. We do hope you will give us an opportunity to be of service to you again during your next visit.

District 10 Bar & Restaurant (UE Square)

21 March 2014

Management

Dear DreamLoveEat,

Thank you for your kind review and for sharing your experience! We look forward to seeing you again. :)

District 10 Bar & Restaurant (UE Square)

17 March 2014