Review for District 10 Bar & Restaurant (UE Square)

BeerEuropeanItalianPizzaWesternWine
Food Esteem • 13 Jan 2014 • 122 Reviews • 5 Followers

Relaxing ambience and awesome food

For more details, please visit http://foodesteem.blogspot.com/2014/01/district-10-bar-restaurant.html The whole dining area can be divided into 3 sections, mainly outdoor for al fresco diners such as bar bites and cocktails, indoor for gourmet diners, as well as a private dining room to host some private dining events! With these 3 sections being lined up, it does aim to accommodate a wider group of diners.
  Bulldog Watermelon and Kaffir Lime Gin and Tonic ($20.00) and Fords Sugarcane and Mint Gin and Tonic ($20.00), differentiated by the piece of fruit hanging onto the rim. D10 Punch ($34.00) is a blend of Moscato wine, Crème de cassis, dark rum, apples, strawberries, mixed berries and ginger ale. Of course, this can be shared among 3-4 pax.
  Walnut Focaccia is their complimentary Homemade starter bread. Feta cheese and sundried tomatoes wrapped within the outer-crispy bread, and has to go with the dipping of the greenish sauce to enjoy it fully :) Green Asparagus, Fried Egg Sunny Side Up, and Sage Butter ($18.00). I love asparagus, and theirs are not too soft and crunchy too! Pan-fried Goose Liver, Wild Berries Sauce and Balsamic Syrup ($20.00). One word... Splendid! Wagyu Beef Carpaccio, Mustard Dressing, Sauteed Wild Mushrooms ($18.00).
  Homemade Angel Hair Pasta with Lobster, Peperoncino, Basil and Fresh Tomatoes ($38.00) *Bonta favorites. Thick sauce that clings the pasta, making it easy to roll on your fork and into your mouth. I can simply request for another serving... Roasted Atlantic Cod Medallion, Spanish Smoked Paprika and Herbs Oil ($32.00). Cod fish is my favorite fish, because their meat seems soft and silky in my mouth. Crispy Goose Leg Confit, Roasted Garlic, and Soft Potato Mousse ($26.00). Homemade Foie Gras Ravioli, Light Parmesan Sauce and Scamorza Cheese ($34.00) *Bonta favorites. Does it resemble something that we used to have it in our coffeeshop's soup noodle stores? :P Signature Black Angus Beef Striploin, Fried Eggs and Black Truffle ($36.00). Prime beef grilled over hot charcoal, served with natural cut fries and mixed salad. The mushroom gravy over at the back is a must try.

Overall this dish is awesome, if not for the overcooked beef? At least I find it so, as I'm used to having my steak at medium-rare. Traditional Italian Tiramisu ($14.00). Personally, I find it too wet, and pretty much like eating "drenched" spongecake? Cinnamon Apple Fritters with Icing Sugar ($12.00). I was looking so much to start my fork on this, till I realized the apple in the fritter is too sour.. If it can be a little sweeter, this will be my dessert for the night. For more details, please visit http://foodesteem.blogspot.com/2014/01/district-10-bar-restaurant.html
Recommended for
After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Boys Night Out, Brunch, Business Dining, Dinner, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Night Out, Parties, People Watching, Premier League Screening, Private Dining, Relaxed
Overall
The management of District 10 Bar & Restaurant responded to this review:
17 Jan 2014
Dear Food Esteem,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our fellow users on HungryGoWhere! We look forward to seeing you again!

District 10 Bar & Restaurant (UE Square)