Back to Drips Bakery Cafe#01-05, 82 Tiong Poh Road

Take Away3 votes

unveiledlust
 • 24 May 2014 22 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went to Drips Bakery Cafe for some desserts after shopping at the previous Zalora event I attended! Nestled along the tiny roads of Tiong Bahru Street,
we had a hard time getting our way there! We called the cafe in hopes of better directions, but they were equally clueless as well. Anyway, we bumped into this really nice taxi driver uncle....whom told us not to take a cab (because we were on the verge of fainting from exhaustion and decided to flag) and led us to our destination! I personally felt that it was average, factoring our grumpy and sour faces after a what seemed like a rather treacherous walk.

Their fruit tart is definitely worth a shot....but for the price, I'd think twice!

Full review up on http://unveiledlust.blogspot.sg/2014/05/oh-hi.html

Must tries: Fruit tart

Chillout

Jil Lin
 • 16 May 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Service staffs were unfriendly with monotonous expressions. From the cashier to the baristas service was poor, the server sent the coffee to my table not making an eye contact with and said "mocha".

Although I find their drips cold coffee pretty good on the palate, a strong and firm brew with lingering after taste but I'm not returning to the cafe anytime soon due to the poor service.

Madame Chewy
 • 17 Mar 2014 103 reviews 7 followers
For full review and pictures collated from 4 visits, pls visit:

Co-owner Alfred Chan went from baking in Shangri-la Hotel to opening a cheery bakery café serving up quality fare in Tiong Bahru. Although Drips is well-known for their tarts and quiche, their tea cakes and sandwiches impressed me enough to revisit trice.

The café consists of 2 sections. If you wish to chill and relax, I recommend seats at the back, which comprises of mismatched sofas and couches. The front portion reminds me of a fun school canteen. Menu is written on a black board and selection changes often. Selection of both savories and sweets dwindle in the late afternoon, hence I prefer visiting at lunch time.

I don’t have close-up pictures of the teacakes to entice  you; must try as they are are to-die-for! Pound cakes are so common these days; but I have not encountered any as good as Drips. They are luxuriously dense, amazingly moist and melt in the mouth. My family loves the raspberry cake; we buy a large block each time for breakfast.
Drips’ Iced Long Black ($5.50) is Hubby’s favorite coffee; he never fails to order this. Earl Grey Tea by the pot ($7.20) was satisfactory. There are 2 teabags in the pot, so be prepared to take them out to prevent over-steeping.

Hot Chocolate ($5) was fair; I had better ones elsewhere.
In order to set aside space for desserts, we ordered a slice of Rosemary and Chicken Quiche ($6.80) which was creamy and tasty. Don’t be deceived by the serving, although it does not look big, it’s very filling.

Sandwiches are wholesome and appetizing, prepared with generous portions juicy meat and fresh vegetables, plus a citrus side salad

Virginia Ham Sandwich ($13.80) with Dijon Mustard,
Sliced Corned Beef Sandwich ($15.80) ….

…and Oven Roasted Turkey Ham Sandwich ($15.80) with deliciously grilled capsicum and zucchini.

THIS Chocolate Tart ($6.80) stole my heart the moment I took my first bite. The first thing I do when I step into Drips is to check if this is available, and reserve one before it sells out. Made using high percentage of cocoa, the result is a slightly bitter tart with the ideal amount of sweetness.

Mixed Berry Fruit Tart ($8) was equally excellent. I particularly like the buttery and crumbly tart base, which had right amount of salt. Egg custard was just right-creamy and not too sweet.

Must tries: Rosemary chicken quiche, Fruit tart, Butter Cakes, Sandwich, Chocolate Tart