Back to Drips Bakery Cafe#01-05, 82 Tiong Poh Road

Take Away3 votes

The City Nomad
 • 30 Sep 2014 145 reviews 27 followers
Overall
Another cafe in Tiong Bahru, I have to admit the other reviews might be onto something. Service really needs some work here. However the coffee is decent and the atmosphere makes it a good pitstop on a weekend hipster hangout. Decent cakes too :P

Read more about Drips over on City Nomads.

xsevenfold
 • 13 Aug 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
When my friend and I stepped into the cafe, we were 'greeted' by the lady at the counter with a black face. My friend and I ordered the chocolate tart, cinnamon creme brulee, iced mocha and iced latte. The whole time, the server just kept a stoic and black face while taking our orders. We brought the tarts back to our seats. I even had to enquire if the drinks will be served to us because she didn't bother to say a word.

When she served me my drink (hot mocha), I remembered ordering iced mocha, but thought that maybe I forgot to specify. But my friend quickly said 'I thought you ordered iced mocha?' That's when I kindly told the server, 'sorry, I ordered iced mocha'. She looked at me and replied rudely 'you ordered mocha.' At this point I was already quite annoyed with the horrible service. But I kindly told her again that I ordered iced mocha. So she took my drink back and awhile later the barista came and served the correct drink to me.

Then, the lady came to my table again and said 'iced mocha need to pay $1 more' and walked away. By this time, I was already fuming, and thinking if I owed her anything??? So I walked to the counter, paid the dollar and said thanks, and walked away.

The chocolate tart was really really good. But the service......... cannot make it. If you have great patience and don't mind people giving you attitude, you can come to try the chocolate tart!

unveiledlust
 • 24 May 2014 23 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went to Drips Bakery Cafe for some desserts after shopping at the previous Zalora event I attended! Nestled along the tiny roads of Tiong Bahru Street,
we had a hard time getting our way there! We called the cafe in hopes of better directions, but they were equally clueless as well. Anyway, we bumped into this really nice taxi driver uncle....whom told us not to take a cab (because we were on the verge of fainting from exhaustion and decided to flag) and led us to our destination! I personally felt that it was average, factoring our grumpy and sour faces after a what seemed like a rather treacherous walk.

Their fruit tart is definitely worth a shot....but for the price, I'd think twice!

Full review up on http://unveiledlust.blogspot.sg/2014/05/oh-hi.html