tiramisu pistacho11 votes
Live Band3 votes

Janice Armstrong
 • 25 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I am sorry to say my first visit to Etna was disappointing. The service was distracted and when I ordered their special pasta dish - spaghetti with truffles - it arrived at the table ice cold. When I told them about it, they whisked it away without an apology and returned the same plate to me a few minutes later - obviously microwaved. They had a large group in part of the restaurant - maybe that was part of the problem but they should still stay focused on the other clients at the smaller tables.

HappyMaruko
 • 24 Apr 2014 29 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For full review and all pictures, please visit http://happyhappymaruko.blogspot.sg/2014/04/etna-so-so-pasta-and-pizza.html

I ordered the Lasagna Alla Bolognese @ SGD 24 ++, even though it wasn't the staff recommendation. There was too little bolognese and bechamel sauce! At my favourite pasta place Pasta Fresca, the ratio is almost 50:50, ; a spoonful of lasagna has sauce oozing out! You can't tell where the sauce ends and the pasta begins! That's my definition of a perfect lasagne. But Etna's take was a drier version: the ratio felt more like 20-30% meat sauce : 70-80% pasta sheets. Too much pasta that it didnt really taste like Lasagna that I'm used to. In the end I started scraping out the sauces and putting it with some pasta on my own to fulfil my desired ratio. Die-hard ok.

Burrata Cheese with Parma Ham @ SGD 32 ++ was a little too creamy to the point of being cloying and the tomatoes couldn't rival those at Valentino's. They have superstar cherry tomatoes at Valentino's and I regret not asking where they were from. But still a decent dish if you have a small portion, so remember to share!

W
Etna, So-so Pasta and Pizza.
ood-fired (there was a huge furnace like oven) Etna pizza @ SGD 26 with parma ham, porcini mushrooms, cream cheese and pistachio. For a dish with it's name of it, I was expecting much more. But it kind of fell flat in the face of my expectations. Not to say that it wasn't decent, but I didnt get much enjoyment from eating it over cheaper takeway options like Sarpino's or even Skinny Pizza.

SCS C
 • 03 Mar 2014 236 reviews 1 follower
Overall
for more: http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/etna-italian-restaurant-chinatown/

fantastic italian execution (not the head sort) at this packed restaurant in chinatown. reservations much required - tables run out quickly, and the place is well popular even on weekdays. it's been lauded as a great place to grab some italian and lives up to that reputation (living up to reputation seems to be a problem these days), with good service and reasonably prices.

it spans that rather comfortable spectrum of cosy enough for date night but bright enough for family night, and the good food helps conversations flow.

I'm not a huge fan of the mostly carb-heavy cuisine, but this side of it is right up my alley. lots of fresh seafood and ingredients simply done up and plated without too much fuss, enough to show detail and attention, but not enough that my food gets cold.

I haven't mentioned service, and it was pretty good: just friendly enough without being unobtrusive, and they knew how to handle the crowds and seat people efficiently. price are very reasonable for the quality of food, though that statement holds truer for everything but the mains - and I'll be back to give some of their lauded pizzas a go.

Must tries: warm Mediterranean salad

Ala Carte, Business Dining, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Night Out, Relaxed, Vibrant/Noisy
  • warm mediterranean salad, grilled squid and bruschetta