tiramisu pistacho11 votes
Corporate Events6 votes
Birthdays4 votes
Ala Carte3 votes
Live Band3 votes

30licious S$30++ deal when you pay with your Amex® Card!. Other deals are available, find out more

SCS C
 • 03 Mar 2014 200 reviews 1 follower
Overall
for more: http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/etna-italian-restaurant-chinatown/

fantastic italian execution (not the head sort) at this packed restaurant in chinatown. reservations much required - tables run out quickly, and the place is well popular even on weekdays. it's been lauded as a great place to grab some italian and lives up to that reputation (living up to reputation seems to be a problem these days), with good service and reasonably prices.

it spans that rather comfortable spectrum of cosy enough for date night but bright enough for family night, and the good food helps conversations flow.

I'm not a huge fan of the mostly carb-heavy cuisine, but this side of it is right up my alley. lots of fresh seafood and ingredients simply done up and plated without too much fuss, enough to show detail and attention, but not enough that my food gets cold.

I haven't mentioned service, and it was pretty good: just friendly enough without being unobtrusive, and they knew how to handle the crowds and seat people efficiently. price are very reasonable for the quality of food, though that statement holds truer for everything but the mains - and I'll be back to give some of their lauded pizzas a go.

Must tries: warm Mediterranean salad

Ala Carte, Business Dining, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Night Out, Relaxed, Vibrant/Noisy
  • warm mediterranean salad, grilled squid and bruschetta
  • warm mediterranean salad, grilled squid and bruschetta

Nel2121
 • 11 Feb 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Dine there tonight with my wife and kids. First impression of the place and service is ok. The waiter seated us and ordered taken without much delay. Unfortunately my good experience will end here.

When my pasta dish arrived, it was the wrong dish all together. No apology offered for the mistake. I accepted the wrong dish out of goodwill (which i only have myself to blame). After i have finished my pasta, my wife's main is still no where to be seen. She had to wait for almost another 20mins before the chef's special pork belly arrived. To my surprise, it's not even hot! The pork skin is rubbery and meat is under seasoned. After eating mush of the dish, she realised that the center portion of the pork is under cooked so we show it to the manager. The manager took the remaining dish away without any word and there comes the bill. Any self respecting person would have apologize or offer a replacement. When i asked why i'm billed full amount for the sub quality dish, he answered "you have eaten all the mushrooms and potatoes and left 4-5 pieces of meat, what do you expect me to do..."

I regretted visiting this restaurant today with my family. It is not worth to pay for food that is not well prepared and unprofessional service ettitude.

Cheryl Zeta Ka
 • 16 Nov 2013 1 review 6 followers
Overall
Ordered the burata which was huge and creamy heaven. and a very earthy crab Linguine. And a gorgeous '08 barolo by the glass.

In true southern style, homely and simple decor with a concentration on only the freshest unadulterated ingredients leaving the kitchen.

Reminisced over our time in Etna, Sicily.
Great manager, good service.

Hard to find this kind of perfect combination.

Must tries: buratta, Linguine w crab meat in lobster cream sauce

Anniversary