tiramisu pistacho11 votes
Live Band3 votes

Rachel Waghorn
 • 12 Oct 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
We ate at Etna at 6.30 on a Saturday evening and had faultless service all evening, by Davide. Good balance between professional and friendly.

We ate the beef carpaccio and bruschetta starters, squid ink pasta with sea bass and pork cheek main courses, and icecream and panna cotta desserts. All were really very good. Great flavours and generous portions, and we're hard to please foodies.

No criticisms at all.

Must tries: Beef carpaccio

Anniversary, Birthdays, Business Dining, Dinner, Fine Dining, Girls Night Out, Graduation, Nice Deco, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates

Janice Armstrong
 • 25 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I am sorry to say my first visit to Etna was disappointing. The service was distracted and when I ordered their special pasta dish - spaghetti with truffles - it arrived at the table ice cold. When I told them about it, they whisked it away without an apology and returned the same plate to me a few minutes later - obviously microwaved. They had a large group in part of the restaurant - maybe that was part of the problem but they should still stay focused on the other clients at the smaller tables.

HappyMaruko
 • 24 Apr 2014 29 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For full review and all pictures, please visit http://happyhappymaruko.blogspot.sg/2014/04/etna-so-so-pasta-and-pizza.html

I ordered the Lasagna Alla Bolognese @ SGD 24 ++, even though it wasn't the staff recommendation. There was too little bolognese and bechamel sauce! At my favourite pasta place Pasta Fresca, the ratio is almost 50:50, ; a spoonful of lasagna has sauce oozing out! You can't tell where the sauce ends and the pasta begins! That's my definition of a perfect lasagne. But Etna's take was a drier version: the ratio felt more like 20-30% meat sauce : 70-80% pasta sheets. Too much pasta that it didnt really taste like Lasagna that I'm used to. In the end I started scraping out the sauces and putting it with some pasta on my own to fulfil my desired ratio. Die-hard ok.

Burrata Cheese with Parma Ham @ SGD 32 ++ was a little too creamy to the point of being cloying and the tomatoes couldn't rival those at Valentino's. They have superstar cherry tomatoes at Valentino's and I regret not asking where they were from. But still a decent dish if you have a small portion, so remember to share!

W
Etna, So-so Pasta and Pizza.
ood-fired (there was a huge furnace like oven) Etna pizza @ SGD 26 with parma ham, porcini mushrooms, cream cheese and pistachio. For a dish with it's name of it, I was expecting much more. But it kind of fell flat in the face of my expectations. Not to say that it wasn't decent, but I didnt get much enjoyment from eating it over cheaper takeway options like Sarpino's or even Skinny Pizza.