tiramisu pistacho11 votes
Live Band3 votes

Princess J
 • 21 Jun 2011 381 reviews 13 followers
Overall
Been meaning to try this place for a while and since both good pal and I are on leave, we went down with our 1-for-1 promotion to satisfy our Italian cravings.

We ordered: 1) Clams in wine broth - we were greedy and hungry (often a deadly combi) and since the waiter highly recommended this starter, we happily took it. And it was a great recommendation! The clams were fresh and the broth was just off the charts!!

2) Carbonara - it's lovely in terms of flavour and it's cream is not runny at all. Love it! Thank goodness we were sharing this as we always feel too ger-lat to finish one whole plate by ourselves.

3) Seafood Marinara - I always judge this dish by how flavourful the tomato base sauce is. And this sauce passes with flying colours!! It's not tangy but full of Yumz! Perfect compliment with our Carbonara main

4) Molten Lava Cake - supposedly their must-order dessert and they bake it fresh upon ordering. Didn't disappoint. :)

5) Pistachio Tiramisu - another of their must-order dessert. Nice Tiramisu with a hint of pistachio. Wonderful!

Service staff is commendable as they are knowledgable and sincere. Pity it's not at a place with good parking, but it'll remain one of my fav Italian go-to place. :)

Must tries: clams in wine broth, carbonara, seafood marinara, tiramisu pistacho

Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Girls Night Out, After Work, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Hidden Find, Wine Lists

Martin Koenen
 • 12 Jun 2011 3 reviews 1 follower
Great place along Duxton Road

Good service, great wines and a real stone pizza oven. Food is ok, ambience is nice living room style

Lunch, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Fine Dining, After Work, Private Dining, Quiet, Wine Lists

SugarRush
 • 30 Apr 2011 13 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Once we reached the doorstep of Etna, we were greeted by the manager or someone else who did not seem like the usual waiter. However, he pleasantly gave us a great service. The whole ambience of Etna was exceptionally romantic and elegant.

The homemade baked bread, which was on the house, was served to us after we have ordered our dishes. The dough was extremely crispy and eating it the Italian style, where the breads are dipped with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, made the bread taste even better.

Our antipasti was wild rocket with tomatoes dressed with balsamic vinegar, Parma ham as well as whole ball of cheese that was made with fresh cows’ milk. Once that ball of cheese was cut, the liquid parts literally oozed out, it was delectable!

As my sister’s teeth hurt after her operation, she had to go with Risotto alla Marinara. This Italian rice was infused with tomato sauce and the seafood served with it was incredibly tender.

I was excited about Etna’s Pizze Bianche (White Pizzas). Normally, pizzas have the usual tomato base, however, Etna specializes in White Pizzas as well, and this means that the base of the pizza is made of mozzarella cheese. We ordered two pizzas, Peloritani, which had bresaola (braised Italian beef) and wild rocket. I really loved the shaved parmesan cheese, as the taste was extremely distinct on the palate. I especially loved Etna’s pizza, the porcini mushrooms was marinated exceptionally well. In the middle of the pizza crust and mozzarella cheese base, there were cubes of cream cheese inside, which made the whole pizza taste extremely thick with cheesy goodness but yet not too gooey and sickeningly mushy. The Parma ham, which was served with the pizza, had the right hint of saltiness.

Overall, Etna did exhibit the qualities of fine dining and the quality of the food served here was tremendously excellent.

Must tries: Etna Pizza