tiramisu pistacho11 votes
Live Band3 votes

Jessie chong
 • 15 Aug 2011 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Wholesome non pretentious Italian food in big portions.

Highly recommends Pasta with italian sausage and funghi, it's olive oil sauce is delicious. Very different taste from the usual tomato or cream sauce.

Etna Pizza is rather interesting, it doesnt comes with any tomato sauce and has mushrooms, parma ham and cream cheese!! Sounds like a weird combination but it taste great!

Lastly the pistacchio tiramisu is a must try!

Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Romance/First Dates, After Work, Private Dining, Quiet, Vibrant/Noisy

Hoongy !
 • 08 Aug 2011 1848 reviews 255 followers
Overall
Arriving from Lao Pa Sat into the Duxton area, I have been a fan of Etna for awhile, mostly due to the hearty portion of food that one receives for their buck.

When the restaurant opened recently, I took the opportunity to try several dishes.

I started with the Zuppa Di Mare, which was a hearty seafood soup with generous portions of shellfish, prawns and squid in a very thick and flavourful tomato based sauce.

From the pizza menu, I tried the Frutti di Mare Sicilia pizza which was a new edition to the menu with the cured tuna roe (bottarga). The tuna roe added a tinge of saltiness to the mozzarella cheese based pizza, making it a rather rich dish.

I also tried the Bottarga Pasta. I liked the little crunchiness the tuna roe added to the al dente pasta. Once again, portions were very generous.

What's coming to Etna without trying their signature dessert? I had to have the tiramisu - sinful but thick with a slightly strong coffee finish. Ah, after a wonderful meal like that , it is time to hit the gym...

Must tries: Zuppa Di Mare

Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Romance/First Dates, Business Dining, Wine Lists
  • Zuppa Di Mare

Princess J
 • 21 Jun 2011 384 reviews 13 followers
Overall
Been meaning to try this place for a while and since both good pal and I are on leave, we went down with our 1-for-1 promotion to satisfy our Italian cravings.

We ordered: 1) Clams in wine broth - we were greedy and hungry (often a deadly combi) and since the waiter highly recommended this starter, we happily took it. And it was a great recommendation! The clams were fresh and the broth was just off the charts!!

2) Carbonara - it's lovely in terms of flavour and it's cream is not runny at all. Love it! Thank goodness we were sharing this as we always feel too ger-lat to finish one whole plate by ourselves.

3) Seafood Marinara - I always judge this dish by how flavourful the tomato base sauce is. And this sauce passes with flying colours!! It's not tangy but full of Yumz! Perfect compliment with our Carbonara main

4) Molten Lava Cake - supposedly their must-order dessert and they bake it fresh upon ordering. Didn't disappoint. :)

5) Pistachio Tiramisu - another of their must-order dessert. Nice Tiramisu with a hint of pistachio. Wonderful!

Service staff is commendable as they are knowledgable and sincere. Pity it's not at a place with good parking, but it'll remain one of my fav Italian go-to place. :)

Must tries: clams in wine broth, carbonara, seafood marinara, tiramisu pistacho

Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Girls Night Out, After Work, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Hidden Find, Wine Lists