tiramisu pistacho11 votes
Live Band3 votes

HappyMaruko
 • 24 Apr 2014 29 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For full review and all pictures, please visit http://happyhappymaruko.blogspot.sg/2014/04/etna-so-so-pasta-and-pizza.html

I ordered the Lasagna Alla Bolognese @ SGD 24 ++, even though it wasn't the staff recommendation. There was too little bolognese and bechamel sauce! At my favourite pasta place Pasta Fresca, the ratio is almost 50:50, ; a spoonful of lasagna has sauce oozing out! You can't tell where the sauce ends and the pasta begins! That's my definition of a perfect lasagne. But Etna's take was a drier version: the ratio felt more like 20-30% meat sauce : 70-80% pasta sheets. Too much pasta that it didnt really taste like Lasagna that I'm used to. In the end I started scraping out the sauces and putting it with some pasta on my own to fulfil my desired ratio. Die-hard ok.

Burrata Cheese with Parma Ham @ SGD 32 ++ was a little too creamy to the point of being cloying and the tomatoes couldn't rival those at Valentino's. They have superstar cherry tomatoes at Valentino's and I regret not asking where they were from. But still a decent dish if you have a small portion, so remember to share!

W
Etna, So-so Pasta and Pizza.
ood-fired (there was a huge furnace like oven) Etna pizza @ SGD 26 with parma ham, porcini mushrooms, cream cheese and pistachio. For a dish with it's name of it, I was expecting much more. But it kind of fell flat in the face of my expectations. Not to say that it wasn't decent, but I didnt get much enjoyment from eating it over cheaper takeway options like Sarpino's or even Skinny Pizza.

SCS C
 • 03 Mar 2014 245 reviews 1 follower
Overall
for more: http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/etna-italian-restaurant-chinatown/

fantastic italian execution (not the head sort) at this packed restaurant in chinatown. reservations much required - tables run out quickly, and the place is well popular even on weekdays. it's been lauded as a great place to grab some italian and lives up to that reputation (living up to reputation seems to be a problem these days), with good service and reasonably prices.

it spans that rather comfortable spectrum of cosy enough for date night but bright enough for family night, and the good food helps conversations flow.

I'm not a huge fan of the mostly carb-heavy cuisine, but this side of it is right up my alley. lots of fresh seafood and ingredients simply done up and plated without too much fuss, enough to show detail and attention, but not enough that my food gets cold.

I haven't mentioned service, and it was pretty good: just friendly enough without being unobtrusive, and they knew how to handle the crowds and seat people efficiently. price are very reasonable for the quality of food, though that statement holds truer for everything but the mains - and I'll be back to give some of their lauded pizzas a go.

Must tries: warm Mediterranean salad

Ala Carte, Business Dining, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Night Out, Relaxed, Vibrant/Noisy
  • warm mediterranean salad, grilled squid and bruschetta
  • warm mediterranean salad, grilled squid and bruschetta

Nel2121
 • 11 Feb 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Dine there tonight with my wife and kids. First impression of the place and service is ok. The waiter seated us and ordered taken without much delay. Unfortunately my good experience will end here.

When my pasta dish arrived, it was the wrong dish all together. No apology offered for the mistake. I accepted the wrong dish out of goodwill (which i only have myself to blame). After i have finished my pasta, my wife's main is still no where to be seen. She had to wait for almost another 20mins before the chef's special pork belly arrived. To my surprise, it's not even hot! The pork skin is rubbery and meat is under seasoned. After eating mush of the dish, she realised that the center portion of the pork is under cooked so we show it to the manager. The manager took the remaining dish away without any word and there comes the bill. Any self respecting person would have apologize or offer a replacement. When i asked why i'm billed full amount for the sub quality dish, he answered "you have eaten all the mushrooms and potatoes and left 4-5 pieces of meat, what do you expect me to do..."

I regretted visiting this restaurant today with my family. It is not worth to pay for food that is not well prepared and unprofessional service ettitude.