Summary

Food/Drink4
Ambience4
tiramisu pistacho, Etna Pizza, Linguine w crab meat in lobster cream sauce, carbonara, seafood marinara, Affogato, Appetiser, Bruschetta, Beef carpaccio, Burnt Grain Orecchiete, Calamari alla Piastra, Fresh Cream Burrata, Freshly-baked breads, Latte di Mandorla, Parmigiana eggplant, Pasta Vongole, Schiacciata with truffle and cheese, Silician Lemon Tart, Zuppa Di Mare, buratta, chef specials, clams in wine broth, homecured salmon, panna cotta, pork cheek, warm Mediterranean salad, wine View all
Dinner, Lunch, After Work, Romance/First Dates, Wine Lists, Quiet, Private Dining, Business Dining, Fine Dining, Hidden Find, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Birthdays, Corporate Events, Anniversary, Ala Carte, Vibrant/Noisy, Live Band, Relaxed View all

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.

Most helpful reviews for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

awesome tiramisu, great service and ambience

For more photos and review, please visit: http://missy-wanderlust.blogspot.sg/2015/01/etna-italian-restaurant-pizzeria-duxton.html

Great italian execution and the pistachio tiramisu is totally perfect with the nutty pistachio adding a unique touch to the usual fare.

Excellent food and service

My second visit. Food was excellent and the angel hair pasta with fresh lobster was the highlight. We were also treated to a weekend special pizza.

Restaurant Kids Week

Excellent 3 course menu for the kids and they thoroughly enjoyed it.

Connie was very good with the kids and the restaurant up the ante with a small bag of cookies for the kids !

Kudos to the Etna team

Faultless service and fantastic food

We ate at Etna at 6.30 on a Saturday evening and had faultless service all evening, by Davide. Good balance between professional and friendly.

We ate the beef carpaccio and bruschetta starters, squid ink pasta with sea bass and pork cheek main courses, and icecream and panna cotta desserts. All were really very good. Great flavours and generous portions, and we're hard to please foodies.

No criticisms at all.

A Big Disappointment

I am sorry to say my first visit to Etna was disappointing. The service was distracted and when I ordered their special pasta dish - spaghetti with truffles - it arrived at the table ice cold. When I told them about it, they whisked it away without an apology and returned the same plate to me a few minutes later - obviously microwaved. They had a large group in part of the restaurant - maybe that was part of the problem but they should still stay focused on the other clients at the smaller tables.