Reviews for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

3.8

EuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 49/50 Duxton Road, 089513

24 Jan 2013
Overall

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.
Etna Pizza, Pasta Vongole

More reviews of Etna Italian Restaurant

Excellent food and service

My second visit. Food was excellent and the angel hair pasta with fresh lobster was the highlight. We were also treated to a weekend special pizza.

Restaurant Kids Week

Excellent 3 course menu for the kids and they thoroughly enjoyed it.

Connie was very good with the kids and the restaurant up the ante with a small bag of cookies for the kids !

Kudos to the Etna team
Overall

Faultless service and fantastic food

We ate at Etna at 6.30 on a Saturday evening and had faultless service all evening, by Davide. Good balance between professional and friendly.

We ate the beef carpaccio and bruschetta starters, squid ink pasta with sea bass and pork cheek main courses, and icecream and panna cotta desserts. All were really very good. Great flavours and generous portions, and we're hard to please foodies.

No criticisms at all.

A Big Disappointment

I am sorry to say my first visit to Etna was disappointing. The service was distracted and when I ordered their special pasta dish - spaghetti with truffles - it arrived at the table ice cold. When I told them about it, they whisked it away without an apology and returned the same plate to me a few minutes later - obviously microwaved. They had a large group in part of the restaurant - maybe that was part of the problem but they should still stay focused on the other clients at the smaller tables.
Overall

Etna, So-so Pasta and Pizza.

For full review and all pictures, please visit http://happyhappymaruko.blogspot.sg/2014/04/etna-so-so-pasta-and-pizza.html

I ordered the Lasagna Alla Bolognese @ SGD 24 ++, even though it wasn't the staff recommendation. There was too little bolognese and bechamel sauce! At my favourite pasta place Pasta Fresca, the ratio is almost 50:50, ; a spoonful of lasagna has sauce oozing out! You can't tell where the sauce ends and the pasta begins! That's my definition of a perfect lasagne. But Etna's take was a drier version: the ratio felt more like 20-30% meat sauce : 70-80% pasta sheets. Too much pasta that it didnt really taste like Lasagna that I'm used to. In the end I started scraping out the sauces and putting it with some pasta on my own to fulfil my desired ratio. Die-hard ok.

Burrata Cheese with Parma Ham @ SGD 32 ++ was a little too creamy to the point of being cloying and the tomatoes couldn't rival those at Valentino's. They have superstar cherry tomatoes at Valentino's and I regret not asking where they were from. But still a decent dish if you have a small portion, so remember to share!

W Etna, So-so Pasta and Pizza. ood-fired (there was a huge furnace like oven) Etna pizza @ SGD 26 with parma ham, porcini mushrooms, cream cheese and pistachio. For a dish with it's name of it, I was expecting much more. But it kind of fell flat in the face of my expectations. Not to say that it wasn't decent, but I didnt get much enjoyment from eating it over cheaper takeway options like Sarpino's or even Skinny Pizza.