Reviews for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

3.9

EuropeanItalianWestern

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.
• 29 May 2015 • 404 reviews • 3 followers

A Hearty Italian Meal @ Etna Duxton!

Overall
Etna is an institution at Duxton, having stood the test of time, in an era where restaurants open (and close) in a blink of an eye.   I came by for lunch recently and I had a craving for something traditional and something basic. So I opted for the classic signature dishes: - Calamari alla Piastra: $18. Unlike most restaurants that do the batter-coated and fried versions, Etna does this dish differently. The squid is pan seared with rosemary oil, capers, olives, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts with squid ink powder. This allowed me to savour the freshness of the squid and the texture of the squid was excellent. The accompaniments for the dish completed the whole dish, elevating it to a high level. What’s unique was the squid ink powder which added a decadent taste to the dish. Highly recommended!   - Carbonara: $22. This was unique. I asked for carbonara without cream, which is what most restaurants serve. The carbonara here is prepared with Mediterranean spices, which adds a special soy sauce taste to the noodles. The pasta noodles were al dente, which gave the pasta a good bite. Recommended!   - Affogato: $9. Vanilla ice cream served in a martini glass, with a shot of Espresso in a serving cup. You pour the espresso into the martini glass. The final result was something that reminded me of a ‘Rootbeer Float’.  You use the spoon to scoop the ice cream and coffee for each mouthful. A special highlight and a perfect ending to my meal. Highly recommended!   This was a great meal, and the restaurant is on my ‘Go-to’ list of Italian restaurants to dine.   Highly-recommended!
  • Freshly-baked breads
• 12 Mar 2015 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

over priced restaurant

Overall
The food is average but it s really overpriced compare to other eateries around . It s not marina bay sand in the east !!
• 02 Feb 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

attentive service and fine food

Overall
this is our first time to etna italian.  it has a friendly environment with attentive service.  their food is of absolute finest quality.  love esp the desserts!  highly recommend panna cotta!  we had very pleasant dinning experience on a family sunday, we will definitely come back!  :)