tiramisu pistacho11 votes
Live Band3 votes

Mei Nui Nurul
 • 16 Sep 2013 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We tried Etna with my in-laws and their friends from italy, and this place, is very interesting. Nice plates presentation to nice tastes... Ambiance was very realax and all the people were really friendly. Yet discreet. So the italian friends came back alone. They really like it. For us their "approval" is our best guidance :)

Must tries: tiramisu pistacho, Etna Pizza, carbonara

Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining

sgfoodtrekker
 • 18 Jun 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I must say it is quite a cosy restaurant right in the middle of Duxton Rd. The ambience is very welcoming. Service was excellent with a good mix of staff (1 local and 2 foreigner) whom all greeted us warmingly. (I tend to find it a point to address this as I have had a very bad experience with foreign staff in a restaurant). I am pleased to know the team understood and knew the menu well. The local staff (whom later we found out was the PR manager) suggested a very delightful wine for the celebration called the Guwerztraminer (sp?) and all of us enjoyed it.
Even though some of us had to wait quite a while for our food (good, nonetheless), the excellent wine made up for the waiting time.
I must say the service staff has a knack for an efficient service recovery and tasteful recommendations! Check out some of their daily chef specials. I will definitely be back for the pork cheek! Other than that, we all enjoyed the tiramisu pistachio dessert. It was so good, we ordered 1 more! And the price? Definitely worth your buck!

Must tries: tiramisu pistacho, pork cheek, chef specials

After Work, Birthdays, Large Groups/Gathering, Wine Lists

millicent
 • 01 Mar 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We went on 23 Feb Sat for a birthday celebration for lunch.  The food is excellent.  Service is flawless.  Apologetically a friend arrived after the call for last order.  We were even allowed to add a pizza when the last dishes arrived (not intended, but it shows great service).   We were able to enjoy ourselves totally.  Thanks to the discreet and polite staff.  The massive pizza oven is a sight to behold.  I am still relishing the rich mozarella on the fantastic Bruschetta we had for appetiser.

Must tries: Appetiser, Bruschetta