Reviews for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

3.8

EuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 49/50 Duxton Road, 089513

24 Jan 2013
Overall

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.
Etna Pizza, Pasta Vongole

More reviews of Etna Italian Restaurant

fantastic italian execution

for more: http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/etna-italian-restaurant-chinatown/

fantastic italian execution (not the head sort) at this packed restaurant in chinatown. reservations much required - tables run out quickly, and the place is well popular even on weekdays. it's been lauded as a great place to grab some italian and lives up to that reputation (living up to reputation seems to be a problem these days), with good service and reasonably prices.

it spans that rather comfortable spectrum of cosy enough for date night but bright enough for family night, and the good food helps conversations flow.

I'm not a huge fan of the mostly carb-heavy cuisine, but this side of it is right up my alley. lots of fresh seafood and ingredients simply done up and plated without too much fuss, enough to show detail and attention, but not enough that my food gets cold.

I haven't mentioned service, and it was pretty good: just friendly enough without being unobtrusive, and they knew how to handle the crowds and seat people efficiently. price are very reasonable for the quality of food, though that statement holds truer for everything but the mains - and I'll be back to give some of their lauded pizzas a go.

Experience i rather forget

Dine there tonight with my wife and kids. First impression of the place and service is ok. The waiter seated us and ordered taken without much delay. Unfortunately my good experience will end here.

When my pasta dish arrived, it was the wrong dish all together. No apology offered for the mistake. I accepted the wrong dish out of goodwill (which i only have myself to blame). After i have finished my pasta, my wife's main is still no where to be seen. She had to wait for almost another 20mins before the chef's special pork belly arrived. To my surprise, it's not even hot! The pork skin is rubbery and meat is under seasoned. After eating mush of the dish, she realised that the center portion of the pork is under cooked so we show it to the manager. The manager took the remaining dish away without any word and there comes the bill. Any self respecting person would have apologize or offer a replacement. When i asked why i'm billed full amount for the sub quality dish, he answered "you have eaten all the mushrooms and potatoes and left 4-5 pieces of meat, what do you expect me to do..."

I regretted visiting this restaurant today with my family. It is not worth to pay for food that is not well prepared and unprofessional service ettitude.

taste of Sicily!

Ordered the burata which was huge and creamy heaven. and a very earthy crab Linguine. And a gorgeous '08 barolo by the glass. In true southern style, homely and simple decor with a concentration on only the freshest unadulterated ingredients leaving the kitchen. Reminisced over our time in Etna, Sicily. Great manager, good service. Hard to find this kind of perfect combination.

Disappointing food experience!

Heard a lot of great stuff about the restaurant and came with high expectation of the food. Nonetheless my expectation were crushed after trying a couple of the pasta dishes and the pizza. The quality is not for the price quoted. Service and ambience were decent but I came there excited about the food. I simply wouldn't spend that much for the food.

Nice food, nice people

We tried Etna with my in-laws and their friends from italy, and this place, is very interesting. Nice plates presentation to nice tastes... Ambiance was very realax and all the people were really friendly. Yet discreet. So the italian friends came back alone. They really like it. For us their "approval" is our best guidance :)