Summary

tiramisu pistacho, Etna Pizza, Linguine w crab meat in lobster cream sauce, carbonara, seafood marinara, Affogato, Appetiser, Bruschetta, Beef carpaccio, Burnt Grain Orecchiete, Calamari alla Piastra, Fresh Cream Burrata, Freshly-baked breads, Latte di Mandorla, Parmigiana eggplant, Pasta Vongole, Schiacciata with truffle and cheese, Silician Lemon Tart, Zuppa Di Mare, buratta, chef specials, clams in wine broth, homecured salmon, panna cotta, pork cheek, warm Mediterranean salad, wine View all
Dinner, Lunch, After Work, Romance/First Dates, Wine Lists, Quiet, Private Dining, Business Dining, Fine Dining, Hidden Find, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Birthdays, Corporate Events, Anniversary, Ala Carte, Vibrant/Noisy, Live Band, Relaxed View all

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.

Most helpful reviews for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

Etna, So-so Pasta and Pizza.

For full review and all pictures, please visit http://happyhappymaruko.blogspot.sg/2014/04/etna-so-so-pasta-and-pizza.html

I ordered the Lasagna Alla Bolognese @ SGD 24 ++, even though it wasn't the staff recommendation. There was too little bolognese and bechamel sauce! At my favourite pasta place Pasta Fresca, the ratio is almost 50:50, ; a spoonful of lasagna has sauce oozing out! You can't tell where the sauce ends and the pasta begins! That's my definition of a perfect lasagne. But Etna's take was a drier version: the ratio felt more like 20-30% meat sauce : 70-80% pasta sheets. Too much pasta that it didnt really taste like Lasagna that I'm used to. In the end I started scraping out the sauces and putting it with some pasta on my own to fulfil my desired ratio. Die-hard ok.

Burrata Cheese with Parma Ham @ SGD 32 ++ was a little too creamy to the point of being cloying and the tomatoes couldn't rival those at Valentino's. They have superstar cherry tomatoes at Valentino's and I regret not asking where they were from. But still a decent dish if you have a small portion, so remember to share!

W Etna, So-so Pasta and Pizza. ood-fired (there was a huge furnace like oven) Etna pizza @ SGD 26 with parma ham, porcini mushrooms, cream cheese and pistachio. For a dish with it's name of it, I was expecting much more. But it kind of fell flat in the face of my expectations. Not to say that it wasn't decent, but I didnt get much enjoyment from eating it over cheaper takeway options like Sarpino's or even Skinny Pizza.

fantastic italian execution

for more: http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/etna-italian-restaurant-chinatown/

fantastic italian execution (not the head sort) at this packed restaurant in chinatown. reservations much required - tables run out quickly, and the place is well popular even on weekdays. it's been lauded as a great place to grab some italian and lives up to that reputation (living up to reputation seems to be a problem these days), with good service and reasonably prices.

it spans that rather comfortable spectrum of cosy enough for date night but bright enough for family night, and the good food helps conversations flow.

I'm not a huge fan of the mostly carb-heavy cuisine, but this side of it is right up my alley. lots of fresh seafood and ingredients simply done up and plated without too much fuss, enough to show detail and attention, but not enough that my food gets cold.

I haven't mentioned service, and it was pretty good: just friendly enough without being unobtrusive, and they knew how to handle the crowds and seat people efficiently. price are very reasonable for the quality of food, though that statement holds truer for everything but the mains - and I'll be back to give some of their lauded pizzas a go.

Experience i rather forget

Dine there tonight with my wife and kids. First impression of the place and service is ok. The waiter seated us and ordered taken without much delay. Unfortunately my good experience will end here.

When my pasta dish arrived, it was the wrong dish all together. No apology offered for the mistake. I accepted the wrong dish out of goodwill (which i only have myself to blame). After i have finished my pasta, my wife's main is still no where to be seen. She had to wait for almost another 20mins before the chef's special pork belly arrived. To my surprise, it's not even hot! The pork skin is rubbery and meat is under seasoned. After eating mush of the dish, she realised that the center portion of the pork is under cooked so we show it to the manager. The manager took the remaining dish away without any word and there comes the bill. Any self respecting person would have apologize or offer a replacement. When i asked why i'm billed full amount for the sub quality dish, he answered "you have eaten all the mushrooms and potatoes and left 4-5 pieces of meat, what do you expect me to do..."

I regretted visiting this restaurant today with my family. It is not worth to pay for food that is not well prepared and unprofessional service ettitude.

taste of Sicily!

Ordered the burata which was huge and creamy heaven. and a very earthy crab Linguine. And a gorgeous '08 barolo by the glass. In true southern style, homely and simple decor with a concentration on only the freshest unadulterated ingredients leaving the kitchen. Reminisced over our time in Etna, Sicily. Great manager, good service. Hard to find this kind of perfect combination.

Disappointing food experience!

Heard a lot of great stuff about the restaurant and came with high expectation of the food. Nonetheless my expectation were crushed after trying a couple of the pasta dishes and the pizza. The quality is not for the price quoted. Service and ambience were decent but I came there excited about the food. I simply wouldn't spend that much for the food.