Reviews for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

EuropeanItalianWestern
Yuting Pang

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.
20 Oct 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Restaurant Kids Week

Excellent 3 course menu for the kids and they thoroughly enjoyed it.

Connie was very good with the kids and the restaurant up the ante with a small bag of cookies for the kids !

Kudos to the Etna team
12 Oct 2014 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Faultless service and fantastic food

We ate at Etna at 6.30 on a Saturday evening and had faultless service all evening, by Davide. Good balance between professional and friendly.

We ate the beef carpaccio and bruschetta starters, squid ink pasta with sea bass and pork cheek main courses, and icecream and panna cotta desserts. All were really very good. Great flavours and generous portions, and we're hard to please foodies.

No criticisms at all.
25 Jul 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

A Big Disappointment

I am sorry to say my first visit to Etna was disappointing. The service was distracted and when I ordered their special pasta dish - spaghetti with truffles - it arrived at the table ice cold. When I told them about it, they whisked it away without an apology and returned the same plate to me a few minutes later - obviously microwaved. They had a large group in part of the restaurant - maybe that was part of the problem but they should still stay focused on the other clients at the smaller tables.