tiramisu pistacho11 votes
Live Band3 votes

Iloveyummyfood
 • 03 Nov 2012 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I went here few mths back team lunch w my colleagues. It's cheap n value for $ , but in terms of their pizza, I still prefer pepperoni for company'

St Pauli
 • 12 Oct 2012 167 reviews 13 followers
Overall
Pictures/Full Review HerePrizing itself as serving delightful Italian cuisine with a Sicilian touch using only the finest ingredients imported from Italy, Etna came highly recommended serving hearty yet gratifying pasta dishes at reasonable prices.  I’m always lost for words when recommending places that serve really good seafood pastas, where a boring person like me usually just goes to Valentino’s or Otto which has never once left me disgruntled but extremely satisfied, time and time again.  I firmly believe that the basis of a good pasta dish actually lies within the finesse and technique used to make the pasta noodles from scratch, where you can tell the discerning difference from pasta bought off the shelf in supermarkets just from the texture and bite in a mouthful.Spaghetti Arrabbiata with Crayfish ($24++) Linguine with scallops in a prawns cream sauce ($25++)Truth to be told, both pasta’s were executed superbly in my opinion where the al dente pasta noodles were cooked to perfection with just enough bite without overworking one’s jaws.  I actually found favor more with the crayfish pasta, where the robust arrabiatta sauce the pasta was tossed in had an enjoyable perfumy garlicky flavor, along with some tartness and spice, even found in the tender morsels of crayfish.  The scallops linguine was also done rather well with a variety of half shelled and IQF ( Individually Quick Frozen Scallops) which were well cooked with a translucent centre, preserving most of its natural texture.  The overwhelming richness did strike me halfway through the pasta, which was probably the only gripe I had of it.Etna’s Lava Cake ($14++)The service staff seeing our shocked expressions upon cutting open into a semi molten fondant offered to refire a new one for us immediately, leaving me rather impressed at their prompt service.  Second time round, much to lala’s delight, goey molten centre oozed out with much viscosity with a subtle hint of citrusy flavor embodied its its fluffy exterior. The hazelnut ice cream served alongside eased any excessive richness of the rather extrusive chocolate sensation.Prices here aren’t exactly cheap, but quality and portions wise more than justify the 20 odd dollars charged, where Etna may just fit the bill every now and then for an occasional pasta indulgence, especially with the presence of an outlet in the east.

Ronald Tor Das
 • 18 Sep 2012 86 reviews 14 followers
Overall
For more photos and reviews do check out fourleggedfoodies!

I had made a prior reservation through reserveit and would recommend it for an easy-peasy and instant way of getting a table.

After ordering we were served bread - warm and very aromatic with bits of sundried tomato, olives and herbs. It was great by itself, but we dabbed away at the olive oil / balsamic.

Burrata di Andria con Insalata Rucola e Pomodorini Pachino ($28 + $4 for ham) - We saw a tray of this burrata cheese making its way from the kitchen to a table nearby and were so impressed/curious that we called out to a waiter to make sure we got the same :) bit pricey this one - but we were informed that we were getting the freshest batch of air-flown cheese from Italy! The outer mozzarella side was firm, inside was wobbly and milky.. very interesting! The ham was good (nice saltiness), and the tomatoes worthy of praise also (so sweet!).

Etna pizza ($25). Ingredients - Mozzarella cheese, porcini mushrooms, Parma ham, cream cheese, pistachio (from Bronte in Sicily). There are a couple of choices for pizzas, but we had to go with the namesake Etna pizza.This was absolutely delicious! I love the crust - it's just the right thinness + doughiness for me. The MUSHROOMS are out of this world.. it puts all other mushrooms to shame really. I question the purported origin of the pistachio but I think it adds a slight albeit interesting depth to the combination of parma ham and cheese.

Pistachio and Hazelnut Gelato ($7) - Didn't quite enjoy the gelato as much as we did the other two dishes, but the flavour were both fairly pronounced though scoops were small.

We would love to try their pastas if we were ever to return, but I don't see how much else in Etna could top the burrata and pizza that we had.

Must tries: Etna Pizza