Summary

Food/Drink4
Ambience4
tiramisu pistacho, Etna Pizza, Linguine w crab meat in lobster cream sauce, carbonara, seafood marinara, Affogato, Appetiser, Bruschetta, Beef carpaccio, Burnt Grain Orecchiete, Calamari alla Piastra, Fresh Cream Burrata, Freshly-baked breads, Latte di Mandorla, Parmigiana eggplant, Pasta Vongole, Schiacciata with truffle and cheese, Silician Lemon Tart, Zuppa Di Mare, buratta, chef specials, clams in wine broth, homecured salmon, panna cotta, pork cheek, warm Mediterranean salad, wine View all
Dinner, Lunch, After Work, Romance/First Dates, Wine Lists, Quiet, Private Dining, Business Dining, Fine Dining, Hidden Find, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Birthdays, Corporate Events, Anniversary, Ala Carte, Vibrant/Noisy, Live Band, Relaxed View all

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.

Most helpful reviews for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

Nice food, nice people

We tried Etna with my in-laws and their friends from italy, and this place, is very interesting. Nice plates presentation to nice tastes... Ambiance was very realax and all the people were really friendly. Yet discreet. So the italian friends came back alone. They really like it. For us their "approval" is our best guidance :)

Splendid recommendations and must-try Tiramisu dessert!

I must say it is quite a cosy restaurant right in the middle of Duxton Rd. The ambience is very welcoming. Service was excellent with a good mix of staff (1 local and 2 foreigner) whom all greeted us warmingly. (I tend to find it a point to address this as I have had a very bad experience with foreign staff in a restaurant). I am pleased to know the team understood and knew the menu well. The local staff (whom later we found out was the PR manager) suggested a very delightful wine for the celebration called the Guwerztraminer (sp?) and all of us enjoyed it.
Even though some of us had to wait quite a while for our food (good, nonetheless), the excellent wine made up for the waiting time.
I must say the service staff has a knack for an efficient service recovery and tasteful recommendations! Check out some of their daily chef specials. I will definitely be back for the pork cheek! Other than that, we all enjoyed the tiramisu pistachio dessert. It was so good, we ordered 1 more! And the price? Definitely worth your buck!

Fantastic Food and Ambience

We went on 23 Feb Sat for a birthday celebration for lunch.  The food is excellent.  Service is flawless.  Apologetically a friend arrived after the call for last order.  We were even allowed to add a pizza when the last dishes arrived (not intended, but it shows great service).   We were able to enjoy ourselves totally.  Thanks to the discreet and polite staff.  The massive pizza oven is a sight to behold.  I am still relishing the rich mozarella on the fantastic Bruschetta we had for appetiser.

promotion

Great dining experience at ETNA! And now, they have a perfect promotion for the upcoming v day! :D

Read more about dining experience here: http://livelifelovefood.blogspot.sg/2013/01/etna-italian-restaurant-and-pizzeria.html

Read more about promotion here: http://livelifelovefood.blogspot.sg/2013/02/etna-promotion.html

Another Hidden Find (Italian Cuisine)

It took us a while before we manage to locate this place, but the food did made it up. We had two mains - the Chef's Special of the day (Pizza with Burrata, parma Ham and Rocket Salad) and Linguine w crab meat in lobster cream sauce. The first was a slight disappointment due to the bitterness of the rocket salad. But the pasta was delish!

Read more here: http://livelifelovefood.blogspot.sg/2013/01/etna-italian-restaurant-and-pizzeria.html