Summary

Food/Drink4
Ambience4
tiramisu pistacho, Etna Pizza, Linguine w crab meat in lobster cream sauce, carbonara, seafood marinara, Affogato, Appetiser, Bruschetta, Beef carpaccio, Burnt Grain Orecchiete, Calamari alla Piastra, Fresh Cream Burrata, Freshly-baked breads, Latte di Mandorla, Parmigiana eggplant, Pasta Vongole, Schiacciata with truffle and cheese, Silician Lemon Tart, Zuppa Di Mare, buratta, chef specials, clams in wine broth, homecured salmon, panna cotta, pork cheek, warm Mediterranean salad, wine View all
Dinner, Lunch, After Work, Romance/First Dates, Wine Lists, Quiet, Private Dining, Business Dining, Fine Dining, Hidden Find, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Birthdays, Corporate Events, Anniversary, Ala Carte, Vibrant/Noisy, Live Band, Relaxed View all

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.

Most helpful reviews for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

Just so so for me

I went here few mths back team lunch w my colleagues. It's cheap n value for $ , but in terms of their pizza, I still prefer pepperoni for company's

Unpretentious, delicious and simple pasta dishes

Pictures/Full Review HerePrizing itself as serving delightful Italian cuisine with a Sicilian touch using only the finest ingredients imported from Italy, Etna came highly recommended serving hearty yet gratifying pasta dishes at reasonable prices.  I’m always lost for words when recommending places that serve really good seafood pastas, where a boring person like me usually just goes to Valentino’s or Otto which has never once left me disgruntled but extremely satisfied, time and time again.  I firmly believe that the basis of a good pasta dish actually lies within the finesse and technique used to make the pasta noodles from scratch, where you can tell the discerning difference from pasta bought off the shelf in supermarkets just from the texture and bite in a mouthful.Spaghetti Arrabbiata with Crayfish ($24++) Linguine with scallops in a prawns cream sauce ($25++)Truth to be told, both pasta’s were executed superbly in my opinion where the al dente pasta noodles were cooked to perfection with just enough bite without overworking one’s jaws.  I actually found favor more with the crayfish pasta, where the robust arrabiatta sauce the pasta was tossed in had an enjoyable perfumy garlicky flavor, along with some tartness and spice, even found in the tender morsels of crayfish.  The scallops linguine was also done rather well with a variety of half shelled and IQF ( Individually Quick Frozen Scallops) which were well cooked with a translucent centre, preserving most of its natural texture.  The overwhelming richness did strike me halfway through the pasta, which was probably the only gripe I had of it.Etna’s Lava Cake ($14++)The service staff seeing our shocked expressions upon cutting open into a semi molten fondant offered to refire a new one for us immediately, leaving me rather impressed at their prompt service.  Second time round, much to lala’s delight, goey molten centre oozed out with much viscosity with a subtle hint of citrusy flavor embodied its its fluffy exterior. The hazelnut ice cream served alongside eased any excessive richness of the rather extrusive chocolate sensation.Prices here aren’t exactly cheap, but quality and portions wise more than justify the 20 odd dollars charged, where Etna may just fit the bill every now and then for an occasional pasta indulgence, especially with the presence of an outlet in the east.

Boy oh boy

For more photos and reviews do check out fourleggedfoodies!

I had made a prior reservation through reserveit and would recommend it for an easy-peasy and instant way of getting a table.

After ordering we were served bread - warm and very aromatic with bits of sundried tomato, olives and herbs. It was great by itself, but we dabbed away at the olive oil / balsamic.

Burrata di Andria con Insalata Rucola e Pomodorini Pachino ($28 + $4 for ham) - We saw a tray of this burrata cheese making its way from the kitchen to a table nearby and were so impressed/curious that we called out to a waiter to make sure we got the same :) bit pricey this one - but we were informed that we were getting the freshest batch of air-flown cheese from Italy! The outer mozzarella side was firm, inside was wobbly and milky.. very interesting! The ham was good (nice saltiness), and the tomatoes worthy of praise also (so sweet!).

Etna pizza ($25). Ingredients - Mozzarella cheese, porcini mushrooms, Parma ham, cream cheese, pistachio (from Bronte in Sicily). There are a couple of choices for pizzas, but we had to go with the namesake Etna pizza.This was absolutely delicious! I love the crust - it's just the right thinness + doughiness for me. The MUSHROOMS are out of this world.. it puts all other mushrooms to shame really. I question the purported origin of the pistachio but I think it adds a slight albeit interesting depth to the combination of parma ham and cheese.

Pistachio and Hazelnut Gelato ($7) - Didn't quite enjoy the gelato as much as we did the other two dishes, but the flavour were both fairly pronounced though scoops were small.

We would love to try their pastas if we were ever to return, but I don't see how much else in Etna could top the burrata and pizza that we had.

Great experience

Celebrated my boyfriend's birthday there a couple of weeks back. It was a great experience. We had "the chief special appetiser" (cheese wrapped with parma ham), Etna pizza, some crab pasta and their signature piscattio tiramisu.

The chief special appetiser was very nice as the cheese is not overwelming, the parma ham and cheese complimented each other.

Etna pizza was not too bad as well. I am not a big fan of white base pizza but my boyfriend really liked it. He finished up almost the whole pizza all by himself.

I enjoyed my crab pasta very much. The serving was generous and the texture of the crab was 2 thumbs up.

We ended the dinner with their signature piscattio tiramisu. It did not disappoint us. It was yummylicious. Light and fluffy, it just blew me off my seat.

However, what disappointed me was when I called to make reservation, I told the receptionist specifically that it was my boyfriend's birthday and I wanted to surprise him with a cake. But I think they forgotten all about it, we waited quite awhile before we gave up and decided to order a slice of tiramisu from the menu.

As if I'm back in Italy!

I've lived in Italy and am quite skeptical about "authentic Italian restaurants" out in Asia. Quite a hit or miss. We chanced upon this place one quiet Monday night and I cannot recommend it enough, have been back with other!

Decor is a bit tired looking but it really is what you would find in Sicilian cities, I did like that quite a bit.

Food was excellent. We had the Carbonara and Quatro Fromaggi I believe. Both were good portions, filled me up well, warm and fresh, very tasty.

Dessert - Tiramisu al Pistacchio: this was excellent. I was going for something else but the waiter said "I think you will like this, if you don't, you don't have to pay for it." I was going to have a second helping if not that I was stuffed. Not a fan of pistacchio so I was skeptical but it was marvelous. Good quality, not too think nor rich, perfect after a good meal.

Drink - Latte di Mandorla: Light and sweet and milky, thin consistency. Had 2 glasses. You can't hate almonds if you're going to try this.