tiramisu pistacho11 votes
Live Band3 votes

The City Nomad
 • 06 Jan 2012 145 reviews 27 followers
Overall
To read the full article and see photos, please visit citynomads.com....

It’s high time since I write about what is hand-on-heart, my favourite Italian in Singapore. With an unassuming location on Duxton Rd, you could easily walk by and miss it…but step inside and a memorable dining experience awaits. I’m very pleased to say that on this occasion I had the pleasure of going there to celebrate the impending marriage of two great friends of mine, M&A. Congrats guys!

To be straight-up, what I like about Etna is that it’s one of the only places I’ve been in Singapore which feel like a localItalian. It’s not’s ‘fine dining’ establishment so the prices are surprisingly reasonable and it’s a cozy place, divided into two distinct areas. Seating no more than 40 at a time, it feels like someone’s extended living room.

So why do I rate Etna so highly? 2 main reasons. 1 – The food is simply excellent. The quality of ingredients used is apparent every dish, and portions are relatively generous.

2 – The service. I really mean this, it is possibly the restaurant with the best service I have been to in Singapore. I’ve been there over 6 times now and the service is flawless every time. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable. The dishes arrive and leave together, and your glass is never empty. Basically, they rock......

Lunch, Dinner, Vegetarians, Large Groups/Gathering, Romance/First Dates, Business Dining, Fine Dining, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Private Dining, Chillout, Quiet, Hidden Find, Wine Lists, Live Band

The Palette
 • 25 Dec 2011 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The set festive dinner on Christmas was disappointing given the kind of rating and review this restaurant has received. As a first-timer to this restaurant I came with high expectations and was sorely disappointed on all counts, from the ambience to the food and to the service.

The lobster soup was ordinary with no bits of lobster. The prawns rolled in Parma ham was a good starter but unfortunately this was followed by a great let down in the main course.

The lamb shoulder was hard and dry and while the cod was pleasant, there was nothing spectacular about it. In fact, rather run of the mill. The entire set meal was so ordinary and something one can get from any other western restaurant at a fraction of the price.

It didn't help that the waitress serving us was also clueless about the food content and what the ingredients were and not even sure about the kind of wine that came with the set menu. Her constant need to check with someone else to provide answers to our questions showed up her lack of preparatory knowledge of the dinner.

All in all, not a place I would go to again.

Beppe BeppeSin
 • 20 Dec 2011 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
After many advises given by friends, I've finally decide to go to vist Etna Restaurant and to try their food.

I've to admit that Etna is a real good restaurant where is possible to eat and taste the genuine food coming from Italy and from Sicily too .

The ambience is very nice and cozy! The service is almost perfect! The food is really tasty and very consistent.

Unforgettable the risotto siciliano (simply fantastic), the bistecca al gorgonzola and the final pistacho tiramisu'.

All the staff have been very professional and friendly as the Italian owner, Mr.

Gianluca. Excellent all the explanations given to us about the dishes and the origin of the food served.

Definitively, a place to visit more often.

Must tries: tiramisu pistacho

Lunch, Dinner, Children/Family, Business Dining, Corporate Events, Quiet, Wine Lists