Reviews for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

3.8

EuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 49/50 Duxton Road, 089513

24 Jan 2013
Overall

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.
Etna Pizza, Pasta Vongole

More reviews of Etna Italian Restaurant

Overall

very nice dishes but not so nice sitting

The food was great : the morzrella was so fresh that we do not remember to have ever eaten such qualtiy here. Same goes for the salad : you may suspect them that they have a kitchen garden in their backyard. We really liked it. The risotto porchini is worth a Michelin star . no comment, just try.

Osso bucho same : not overcooked, very tender with the safran risotto like in Milan The chicken was good but nothing outstanding . We loved the Tiramisu with the pistacho. Great compliment.

The abiemce was not so great. A bid kitch , well, we used to it by Italian Family run resatuarants. Stuff was very helpful and friendly and the owner of the restaurant is very concerned the all his guests feel happy.

But the setting .... to loud , to small for so many people and if you have the bad change to be located next to the entrance ....

Overall, the food compensates the setting by far....

Etna - A Volcanic Force of Excellence

To read the full article and see photos, please visit citynomads.com....

It’s high time since I write about what is hand-on-heart, my favourite Italian in Singapore. With an unassuming location on Duxton Rd, you could easily walk by and miss it…but step inside and a memorable dining experience awaits. I’m very pleased to say that on this occasion I had the pleasure of going there to celebrate the impending marriage of two great friends of mine, M&A. Congrats guys!

To be straight-up, what I like about Etna is that it’s one of the only places I’ve been in Singapore which feel like a localItalian. It’s not’s ‘fine dining’ establishment so the prices are surprisingly reasonable and it’s a cozy place, divided into two distinct areas. Seating no more than 40 at a time, it feels like someone’s extended living room.

So why do I rate Etna so highly? 2 main reasons. 1 – The food is simply excellent. The quality of ingredients used is apparent every dish, and portions are relatively generous.

2 – The service. I really mean this, it is possibly the restaurant with the best service I have been to in Singapore. I’ve been there over 6 times now and the service is flawless every time. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable. The dishes arrive and leave together, and your glass is never empty. Basically, they rock......

Overall

Over rated on all counts!

The set festive dinner on Christmas was disappointing given the kind of rating and review this restaurant has received. As a first-timer to this restaurant I came with high expectations and was sorely disappointed on all counts, from the ambience to the food and to the service.

The lobster soup was ordinary with no bits of lobster. The prawns rolled in Parma ham was a good starter but unfortunately this was followed by a great let down in the main course.

The lamb shoulder was hard and dry and while the cod was pleasant, there was nothing spectacular about it. In fact, rather run of the mill. The entire set meal was so ordinary and something one can get from any other western restaurant at a fraction of the price.

It didn't help that the waitress serving us was also clueless about the food content and what the ingredients were and not even sure about the kind of wine that came with the set menu. Her constant need to check with someone else to provide answers to our questions showed up her lack of preparatory knowledge of the dinner.

All in all, not a place I would go to again.

a touch of sicily

After many advises given by friends, I've finally decide to go to vist Etna Restaurant and to try their food.

I've to admit that Etna is a real good restaurant where is possible to eat and taste the genuine food coming from Italy and from Sicily too .

The ambience is very nice and cozy! The service is almost perfect! The food is really tasty and very consistent.

Unforgettable the risotto siciliano (simply fantastic), the bistecca al gorgonzola and the final pistacho tiramisu'.

All the staff have been very professional and friendly as the Italian owner, Mr.

Gianluca. Excellent all the explanations given to us about the dishes and the origin of the food served.

Definitively, a place to visit more often.

"Bonizimo" - Delicious in Italian

A must go Italian restaurant. Service is good, food is good. Not a big fan of western food, the food is sometimes too cheesy as i'm not a big fan of cheese. However Etna the italian restaurant has change my perception. The menu was overwhelm as proper italian usually have at least 7 course meal, which start from Aperitivo and end with Digestivo (both contain alcohol drink). Silvia, who works there perhaps the manager was very good, she introduced the dishes and throughout the meal she was very friendly and tentative. The wine she suggested was very good, mount riley sauvignon blanc. Must try carpaccio di pesce spada (under cold appetizer), love the parmigiana di melanzane -- the parmesan cheese is delicious that it doesn't feel like is cheese! Main course we had salsiccia e funghi pizza (italian sausage). Wanted to have more food but the food we had was very fulfilling. Will have to go back soon to try more food!