Reviews for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

3.8

EuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 49/50 Duxton Road, 089513

24 Jan 2013
Overall

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.
Etna Pizza, Pasta Vongole

More reviews of Etna Italian Restaurant

Worth every buck!

Been meaning to try this place for a while and since both good pal and I are on leave, we went down with our 1-for-1 promotion to satisfy our Italian cravings.

We ordered: 1) Clams in wine broth - we were greedy and hungry (often a deadly combi) and since the waiter highly recommended this starter, we happily took it. And it was a great recommendation! The clams were fresh and the broth was just off the charts!!

2) Carbonara - it's lovely in terms of flavour and it's cream is not runny at all. Love it! Thank goodness we were sharing this as we always feel too ger-lat to finish one whole plate by ourselves.

3) Seafood Marinara - I always judge this dish by how flavourful the tomato base sauce is. And this sauce passes with flying colours!! It's not tangy but full of Yumz! Perfect compliment with our Carbonara main

4) Molten Lava Cake - supposedly their must-order dessert and they bake it fresh upon ordering. Didn't disappoint. :)

5) Pistachio Tiramisu - another of their must-order dessert. Nice Tiramisu with a hint of pistachio. Wonderful!

Service staff is commendable as they are knowledgable and sincere. Pity it's not at a place with good parking, but it'll remain one of my fav Italian go-to place. :)

Fine Dining Italian

Great place along Duxton Road

Good service, great wines and a real stone pizza oven. Food is ok, ambience is nice living room style

Elegant Ambience and Delectable Food

Once we reached the doorstep of Etna, we were greeted by the manager or someone else who did not seem like the usual waiter. However, he pleasantly gave us a great service. The whole ambience of Etna was exceptionally romantic and elegant.

The homemade baked bread, which was on the house, was served to us after we have ordered our dishes. The dough was extremely crispy and eating it the Italian style, where the breads are dipped with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, made the bread taste even better.

Our antipasti was wild rocket with tomatoes dressed with balsamic vinegar, Parma ham as well as whole ball of cheese that was made with fresh cows’ milk. Once that ball of cheese was cut, the liquid parts literally oozed out, it was delectable!

As my sister’s teeth hurt after her operation, she had to go with Risotto alla Marinara. This Italian rice was infused with tomato sauce and the seafood served with it was incredibly tender.

I was excited about Etna’s Pizze Bianche (White Pizzas). Normally, pizzas have the usual tomato base, however, Etna specializes in White Pizzas as well, and this means that the base of the pizza is made of mozzarella cheese. We ordered two pizzas, Peloritani, which had bresaola (braised Italian beef) and wild rocket. I really loved the shaved parmesan cheese, as the taste was extremely distinct on the palate. I especially loved Etna’s pizza, the porcini mushrooms was marinated exceptionally well. In the middle of the pizza crust and mozzarella cheese base, there were cubes of cream cheese inside, which made the whole pizza taste extremely thick with cheesy goodness but yet not too gooey and sickeningly mushy. The Parma ham, which was served with the pizza, had the right hint of saltiness.

Overall, Etna did exhibit the qualities of fine dining and the quality of the food served here was tremendously excellent.

Overall

if you're a pasta lover you cant miss this place!!

Well it was my first time there , however the food didn't disappoint me at all. We had 2 appetizers , the cheese and the mussels with garlic with some sauce. The mussels was fresh, no fishy taste at all!! i'm usually not a mussels person, but finished the plate within minutes. Cheese - for cheese lovers its a must try!

Main dish : pizza with truffles and mushrooms -very unique taste , crispy and thin Scallop pasta with pink creme sauce. - something different . Scallops are fresh and relatively quite huge compared to those served in other restaurants.

deserts: pistacho tiramisu . - taste so heavenly!! never tasted something like this .

most importantly try the food with a open heart , you will have some rare finds.

Great place, great food

Dear hungry-peers,

Etna was already a great place before they changed their menu and shifted to Duxton a couple of months ago. Now it is perfect!

I have tried many of the new dishes. Truffle, bottarga, scallops, grilled tuna.. whatever you take, Etna maintain consistently its position as a great semi-fine dine place. The quality is consistently good and ingredients are fresh; service is precise and careful.... for me this is already more than enough to be a place where to go over and over again.

If you like.. Etna is the contemporary translation of the Trattoria, a small family-owned restaurant where you can always find a freshly cooked traditional dish.

good job, Etna... see you soon, over and over again

cheers