Summary

tiramisu pistacho, Etna Pizza, Linguine w crab meat in lobster cream sauce, carbonara, seafood marinara, Affogato, Appetiser, Bruschetta, Beef carpaccio, Burnt Grain Orecchiete, Calamari alla Piastra, Fresh Cream Burrata, Freshly-baked breads, Latte di Mandorla, Parmigiana eggplant, Pasta Vongole, Schiacciata with truffle and cheese, Silician Lemon Tart, Zuppa Di Mare, buratta, chef specials, clams in wine broth, homecured salmon, panna cotta, pork cheek, warm Mediterranean salad, wine View all
Dinner, Lunch, After Work, Romance/First Dates, Wine Lists, Quiet, Private Dining, Business Dining, Fine Dining, Hidden Find, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Birthdays, Corporate Events, Anniversary, Ala Carte, Vibrant/Noisy, Live Band, Relaxed View all

Etna, So-so Pasta and Pizza.

For full review and all pictures, please visit http://happyhappymaruko.blogspot.sg/2014/04/etna-so-so-pasta-and-pizza.html

I ordered the Lasagna Alla Bolognese @ SGD 24 ++, even though it wasn't the staff recommendation. There was too little bolognese and bechamel sauce! At my favourite pasta place Pasta Fresca, the ratio is almost 50:50, ; a spoonful of lasagna has sauce oozing out! You can't tell where the sauce ends and the pasta begins! That's my definition of a perfect lasagne. But Etna's take was a drier version: the ratio felt more like 20-30% meat sauce : 70-80% pasta sheets. Too much pasta that it didnt really taste like Lasagna that I'm used to. In the end I started scraping out the sauces and putting it with some pasta on my own to fulfil my desired ratio. Die-hard ok.

Burrata Cheese with Parma Ham @ SGD 32 ++ was a little too creamy to the point of being cloying and the tomatoes couldn't rival those at Valentino's. They have superstar cherry tomatoes at Valentino's and I regret not asking where they were from. But still a decent dish if you have a small portion, so remember to share!

W Etna, So-so Pasta and Pizza. ood-fired (there was a huge furnace like oven) Etna pizza @ SGD 26 with parma ham, porcini mushrooms, cream cheese and pistachio. For a dish with it's name of it, I was expecting much more. But it kind of fell flat in the face of my expectations. Not to say that it wasn't decent, but I didnt get much enjoyment from eating it over cheaper takeway options like Sarpino's or even Skinny Pizza.

Most helpful reviews for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

I would not go again

The food is normal, it's good but not great. The waiter had a racist attitudes. He was only pull the chair for my boyfriend and I had to sit by myself, which I did not mind at the beginning until he whispered to my bf that I could sit in the kitchen! What should I say more? I'm a professional. I did not ask a dinner for free. I will definitely not go again.
 Btw, our dinner last time, the food was terrible. We could only finished half of the pizzas.

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.

Not that pleasant an experience

Went to this restaurant intending to celebrate a friend's birthday. Brought along a cake but they did not even allow us to cut our cake there. Had a very strict "no outside food" policy. (Totally understand their policy. So for those looking to celebrate your birthdays there I don't recommend this place unless you buy their cake because there are tons of other places that are more accommodating)

When asked the waiter/manager how big the pizza portion was, sensed a bit of scorn in his accented tone as he started off the explanation by saying that they only serve one size pizza and that they are not like "those Pizza Hut with the small medium and large sizes". For one, it was very clear that there was only one size because there was only one price listed on the menu. Clearly misinterpreted the question. Perhaps we were seen as being too young or not classy enough for them. Not sure. Just my personal sentiment. Later on he did mention it was 11 inches, usually for one person. Well that aside, objectively speaking he did a rather thorough job suggesting which pizzas were recommended.

The food wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Had the etna pizza but was not a fan of it.

Tiramisu' Al Pistacchio Di Bronte was good

Service was prompt. The female staff took time to explain the daily specials. Order dessert Tiramisu' Al Pistacchio Di Bronte, which tasted good. Linguine al Granchio (Linguine with crabmeat) was not bad too. Serving size of Tagliata di Manzo (300 g. US rib eye) justified the price of $48. But note that water costs $8 per 1 litre bottle.

Friendly staffs and yummy food.

When I make a booking through phone call, the lady answered the phone was very friendly and polite.

We were greeted with a big smile an the Italy waiter explained daily specials to us. The waiter and waitress were very friendly and helpful, most important is their SMILE.

The food itself tastes good .