Review for Etna Italian Restaurant (Duxton Road)

3.8

EuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 49/50 Duxton Road, 089513

11 Feb 2014

Experience i rather forget

Dine there tonight with my wife and kids. First impression of the place and service is ok. The waiter seated us and ordered taken without much delay. Unfortunately my good experience will end here.

When my pasta dish arrived, it was the wrong dish all together. No apology offered for the mistake. I accepted the wrong dish out of goodwill (which i only have myself to blame). After i have finished my pasta, my wife's main is still no where to be seen. She had to wait for almost another 20mins before the chef's special pork belly arrived. To my surprise, it's not even hot! The pork skin is rubbery and meat is under seasoned. After eating mush of the dish, she realised that the center portion of the pork is under cooked so we show it to the manager. The manager took the remaining dish away without any word and there comes the bill. Any self respecting person would have apologize or offer a replacement. When i asked why i'm billed full amount for the sub quality dish, he answered "you have eaten all the mushrooms and potatoes and left 4-5 pieces of meat, what do you expect me to do..."

I regretted visiting this restaurant today with my family. It is not worth to pay for food that is not well prepared and unprofessional service ettitude.

More reviews of Etna Italian Restaurant

Overall

Fantastic food, ambience and service

I had dinner at Etna with a friend, and it was a very enjoyable dining experience.

We were warmly welcomed by a staff named Margherita, and her service throughout was fantastic. The restaurant is good for romantic dates, as it's generally quiet and the tables are not placed closely together. I love the ambience here—nice and cosy with dim warm lighting.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we were served complimentary warm fluffy bread. Dip it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then nom it! It's good!

Soon after our Etna Pizze and Pasta Vongole were served. We enjoyed both  dishes tremendously. Etna pizza is one of the better pizzas I've tasted. Pasta vongole was well done as well. Spaghetti was al dente, and we could taste the white wine and juice from the clams coated on the pasta.

We had Pistachio Tiramisu for dessert. It was pretty average to me as I've had better tiramisu at other Italian restaruants, so I would suggest you skip it.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner! Thank you Margherita for the hospitality. I'll be sure to return again.
Overall

Not that pleasant an experience

Went to this restaurant intending to celebrate a friend's birthday. Brought along a cake but they did not even allow us to cut our cake there. Had a very strict "no outside food" policy. (Totally understand their policy. So for those looking to celebrate your birthdays there I don't recommend this place unless you buy their cake because there are tons of other places that are more accommodating)

When asked the waiter/manager how big the pizza portion was, sensed a bit of scorn in his accented tone as he started off the explanation by saying that they only serve one size pizza and that they are not like "those Pizza Hut with the small medium and large sizes". For one, it was very clear that there was only one size because there was only one price listed on the menu. Clearly misinterpreted the question. Perhaps we were seen as being too young or not classy enough for them. Not sure. Just my personal sentiment. Later on he did mention it was 11 inches, usually for one person. Well that aside, objectively speaking he did a rather thorough job suggesting which pizzas were recommended.

The food wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Had the etna pizza but was not a fan of it.

Tiramisu' Al Pistacchio Di Bronte was good

Service was prompt. The female staff took time to explain the daily specials. Order dessert Tiramisu' Al Pistacchio Di Bronte, which tasted good. Linguine al Granchio (Linguine with crabmeat) was not bad too. Serving size of Tagliata di Manzo (300 g. US rib eye) justified the price of $48. But note that water costs $8 per 1 litre bottle.

I would not go again

The food is normal, it's good but not great. The waiter had a racist attitudes. He was only pull the chair for my boyfriend and I had to sit by myself, which I did not mind at the beginning until he whispered to my bf that I could sit in the kitchen! What should I say more? I'm a professional. I did not ask a dinner for free. I will definitely not go again.
 Btw, our dinner last time, the food was terrible. We could only finished half of the pizzas.
Overall

Friendly staffs and yummy food.

When I make a booking through phone call, the lady answered the phone was very friendly and polite.

We were greeted with a big smile an the Italy waiter explained daily specials to us. The waiter and waitress were very friendly and helpful, most important is their SMILE.

The food itself tastes good .