Back to Fat Cow#01-01, Camden Medical Centre, 1 Orchard Boulevard

DestinaL
 • 09 Sep 2014 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went to Fat Cow with my Boss and it was definitely a great experience and worth all the while.

It was my first time at the restaurant and knowing that the place is usually quite packed even during weekday lunch, I managed to book a table within mins using their online system.

At the same time, coincidentally came across some reviews online about their Wagyu Beef Donburi and so decided to try their set lunch before dining in.

We had the same item and it was great for me though my boss mentioned that the quality wasn't as good as before. The beef though done medium well was just right and not dry and the meat taste of the charcoal grill fragrance. Adding on the onsen, it was a delicious meal.

Staff were very attentive and courses were served one by one. No complaints.

Must tries: Foie Gras and Wagyu Donburi

After Work, Ala Carte, Business Dining, Dinner, Fine Dining, Lunch, Private Dining, Relaxed

ThumbsForFood
 • 16 Jun 2014 167 reviews 4 followers
Overall
For full reviews and more photos, please visit http://thumbsforfood.blogspot.sg/2014/06/fat-cow-thumbsforfood.html

Beef lovers have probably heard about Fat Cow, especially for their famed set lunches which include the popular Beef Donburi. Having heard much about it, we decided that we have to make our way down to try it out for ourselves! The plus point about the set lunches are that they are also available on weekends.

Set lunches are served with Salad, Miso Soup and Chawanmushi, as you can see from the photos below. We felt the salad and miso soup was nothing out of the ordinary. The Chawanmushi was actually quite good.

We tried 3 different items on their set lunch menu. The first is the famed Fat Cow Donburi. It consists of char-grilled wagyu beef with onsen egg and thinly grated japanese leek. Everyone agreed that it lives up to its name. The onset egg was really one of the best onsen egg I've tasted because it is so perfectly cooked. The wagyu was almost melt-in-the-mouth with a tinge of charcoal fragrance.

If you love foie gras, you've got to try the Fat foa-gura don. It is glazed foie gras with grilled wagyu beef. They added some pickle to it for a balance of flavours.

For those non-beef lovers, there are also other choices such as Chirashi Don (Mixed sashimi don), Tonkatsu Don as well as Gindara Miso Yaki seen below. The Gindara Miso Yaki is miso marinated cod filet. It is quite fresh and done quite well, preserving the natural fish oils in it. Personally, I feel that the highlight is still their wagyu dons.

Overall, we felt that food was the Fat Cow Donburi was the winning point with service on the slow side as it was pretty crowded on a weekend. The ambience was not bad as tables were partitioned for some privacy. Do get your tables reserved beforehand to avoid disappointments on weekends!

Must tries: Fat Cow Donburi, Fat Foa-gura Don

Lunch
  • Gindara Miso Yaki
  • Fat foa-gura don
  • Fat Cow Donburi

The Ranting Panda
 • 26 May 2014 168 reviews 1 follower
Overall
For full review and pics, do visit therantingpanda.com

The Food The tip is to go for the Set Lunch at Fat Cow, which range from $30+ to $40+ depending on the dish. I feel that the set lunch is more value for money than the mains (which is at 50% with the Entertainer App), as it comes with chawamushi, salad, miso soup and ice-cream at the end of the meal. If you are feeling rich, there is nothing to stop you from ordering the famous Japanese Wagyu beef here, which ranges from A3 to A5 grades.
The Fat Foa-Gura Don is highly recommended for Foie Gras lovers as there is a generous serving of the fat foie gras with grilled wagyu beef cubes. It was almost an orgasmic explosion for the palate when I was eating the foie gras and beef cubes together with the don.