Reviews for Fat Cow

AsianJapaneseSteak and GrillsWine
Address: #01-01/02, Camden Medical Centre, 1 Orchard Boulevard, 248649

25 Nov 2015

great jap steak

Yes, it is pricey and therefore saved for special occasions but the dishes were well executed: had the A4 steak, wagyu donburi, ox tendon with foei gras and the eggplant. all were excellent.

More reviews of Fat Cow

Disappointing, overpriced and unsatisfied

Booked a table for my husband's birthday and went with our 2 kids. Had the oxtail and foie gras, while the foie gras was nice, it was not fantastic. The stew tasted like braised, we were unimpressed. Next we had the Wagyu grade 4 steak and Australian beef cut. Both steaks were served warm, not hot. We order medium (which was great), and we expected the outside to be sizzling hot, which it was not. By the time i was halfway done with the Wagyu, because it was not hot, it was just too oily and i could not finish the steak. This was a $120 steak and it was such a pity. There were no sides to go with the steak, it was just overwhelming, too oily. Some vegetables would have been good. The Australian cut at $85 was so chewy, we were really struggling to finish it. The kids shared a cod fillet, it was the best value in our opinion. Kids ate it up, but nothing out of the ordinary. We also ordered a udon soup for the kids. At $9 with nothing but udon and soup, I expected the udon to be springy and light, and the broth to be delicious. It was not. It was plain and ordinary. Seriously, at $9, why can't they have added some yasai or nori? Overall we paid $336 and we were greased out, unsatisfied and not full. I would pay the same amount and go to Angus steak house and feel completely happy at the end of the meal. I will never go back again.

Absolutely disappointing

Ordered the fat cow donburi. Rice was nicely done and the onsen egg was heavenly. The wagyu slices on the other hand tasted nothing like beef. They were charcoal grilled to the extent that it tasted everything like charcoal. Hands down the worse wagyu don I've ever had. Will not recommend or return.

Extremely bad service

For a calibre of fat cow's restaurant, their reservation and service requires a major overhaul. I recommend other japanese restaurants or steak houses over fat cow (Shinji, Aoki, Mortons) are all a better way to spend your money and time. At least they make an effort to deliver good service to you.

Firstly for their reservation on their website, they do not block out dates when they are fully booked. What kind of system do you use that is unable to inform customers of fully book dates. Additionally their terms on conditions is right at the bottom of the page and you are not even required to view it to submit your reservation.

Upon submission a highly ambiguous email stating, "thank you for making a reservation, we will contact you shortly" is sent. Which doesn't not say anything about the lack of a confirmation.

Secondly, their service staff answering the phone is extremely rude. Not only does he not try to offer an alternative he just brushes you off. Even when they have a flawed booking system they can still proudly tell me that it's in their terms and conditions.

I would rather patron other restaurants which actually value their customers and give them the service they deserve. Please hire some locals or japanese who actually excel in service instead of some cheap labour.

Was excited to go, severely let down, will not go and will not recommend

Not worth it

More like a club than a restaurant - the décor, service, etc. Prices are steep. I'd rather pay up and go to the Japanese grandees (Shinji, Ki-sho); if you want beef, the top western steakhouses (Cut, Morton's, even Bistecca) are more satisfying. If you really want to eat here, go for the Iesye Grade 5 rib eye.