Reviews for Fat Cow

AsianJapaneseSteak and GrillsWine
jacqsowhat

Good quality wagyu beef

Full review: http://jacqsowhat.blogspot.sg/2014/10/fat-cow-camden-medical-centre-singapore.html

Decided to check out Fat Cow to celebrate the homz's birthday and as well as using the entertainer app for 1 for 1 mains. Fat Cow offers high quality cuts of well marbled beef from Australia, Japan and USA.I made a reservation at 2pm for lunch, last order is 230pm. I went for lunch instead cuz I wanted to try the highly raved 'The Fat Cow Donburi' ($39) from the lunch menu set. It's charcoal-grilled wagyu beef with onsen egg and shiro negi. Note that each set includes salad, chawanmushi, miso soup and dessert. I finally know why everyone says this is a must eat from the lunch menu. The shiro negi enhance the whole bowl which makes every bite so delicious. We had Grade A3 Sirloin (100g) in Sukiyaki style ($78) and Blackmore Ranch 220g ($85) as well. Both were heavenly, more in review.

Two weeks before while making my reservations online, I causally put a special note which says, 'celebrating a friend's birthday'. After that, I totally forgotten about it. But to my surprise, we were served with a happy birthday platter with a scoop of ice cream after our meals. Ah best service ever. :)
01 Nov 2014 • 7 reviews • 0 follower

overpriced waygu, over rated tough beef

Ordered the wagyu Donburi lunch set since it is much raved about.

The chawamushi was good. The wagyu was disappointing. For almost $40, the rice came with less than 10 pieces of meat. Though each was sliced thinly sliced,  the beef was tough. Not much marble. I had to swallow some sections as they were too chewy and refused to break. The sushi rice was good though but we didn't pay $40 for rice and egg. The onsen egg is merely a half cooked egg. Overpriced.  For this price we can have a good buffet.

Someone else ordered the cod fillet which was much better. Smooth and tender. It costs slightly less but still more than $35. More worth it as there were 2 big slices of cod.

The Fat Cow Donburi $39
27 Oct 2014 • 44 reviews • 1 follower

Good quality wagyu beef

Set Lunch Appetizers.
25 Oct 2014 • 58 reviews • 4 followers

Fat-tastic Wagyu Donburi (Beef Bowl)

Please click here for full review and photos.

Fat-tastic. Because the food was fantastic, and the restaurant is named Fat Cow, get it? OK, I suck at coming up with puns, so let's talk about the food instead.

Visited Fat Cow for their set lunch - Wagyu Donburi (Beef Bowl) set at $39 and the Fat Foa Gura Don (Beef and Foie Gras) set at $43. Each set comes with salad, miso soup, chawanmushi and ice cream / dessert.

Food's pretty darn good for the price. Of course can't expect A5 kobe or matsusaka at this price range lah

Minor niggles: A bit too much rice, and the drinks are expensive (green tea $5 per person). But overall definitely highly recommended.