Reviews for Fat Cow

AsianJapaneseSteak and GrillsWine
kimchigirl

Good food, one of my favourite restaurants

One of my favourite restaurants. Food quality is always consistent on my subsequent visits. Love the Wagyu and foie gras donburi. The beef was flavourful and tender and the foie gras was perfectly cooked. My only gripe was the service on one of our visits as the staff forgot my drinks order (since everyone else who came later was served way ahead of me) and when I asked the staff, he simply did not admit his mistake and instead made it seem like it was no big deal. Apart from that, the food was really good and consistent throughout our visits. (Y)
18 Jan 2015 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Good food, one of my favourite restaurants

01 Nov 2014 • 7 reviews • 0 follower

overpriced waygu, over rated tough beef

Ordered the wagyu Donburi lunch set since it is much raved about.

The chawamushi was good. The wagyu was disappointing. For almost $40, the rice came with less than 10 pieces of meat. Though each was sliced thinly sliced,  the beef was tough. Not much marble. I had to swallow some sections as they were too chewy and refused to break. The sushi rice was good though but we didn't pay $40 for rice and egg. The onsen egg is merely a half cooked egg. Overpriced.  For this price we can have a good buffet.

Someone else ordered the cod fillet which was much better. Smooth and tender. It costs slightly less but still more than $35. More worth it as there were 2 big slices of cod.

The Fat Cow Donburi $39
27 Oct 2014 • 54 reviews • 1 follower

Good quality wagyu beef

Full review: http://jacqsowhat.blogspot.sg/2014/10/fat-cow-camden-medical-centre-singapore.html

Decided to check out Fat Cow to celebrate the homz's birthday and as well as using the entertainer app for 1 for 1 mains. Fat Cow offers high quality cuts of well marbled beef from Australia, Japan and USA.I made a reservation at 2pm for lunch, last order is 230pm. I went for lunch instead cuz I wanted to try the highly raved 'The Fat Cow Donburi' ($39) from the lunch menu set. It's charcoal-grilled wagyu beef with onsen egg and shiro negi. Note that each set includes salad, chawanmushi, miso soup and dessert. I finally know why everyone says this is a must eat from the lunch menu. The shiro negi enhance the whole bowl which makes every bite so delicious. We had Grade A3 Sirloin (100g) in Sukiyaki style ($78) and Blackmore Ranch 220g ($85) as well. Both were heavenly, more in review.

Two weeks before while making my reservations online, I causally put a special note which says, 'celebrating a friend's birthday'. After that, I totally forgotten about it. But to my surprise, we were served with a happy birthday platter with a scoop of ice cream after our meals. Ah best service ever. :)