First we have to show ourselves to our seat even though there were only 2 diner when we entered the restaurant. We waited for the menu ... and one by one the set meal promotion being dished to us ....
We decided not to go for the set meals as we would like alcoholic beverage - cocktail but when placing our order we were told the cocktails are not avaliable ( very sure it is not indicated on the menu ).
Service was extremely slow on that day and we were told that they paced the appetitisers (Ordered soup and Crabcake) and our main but seriously I think the pacing was ridiculously long. At that time the place had only 5 diners (incldg us).
Billing came which we waited forever (The place then had only 7 diners, turnaround of 2 initial diners ) and we were told we weren't entitled 15% discount using UOB card for the Salmon we ordered as advertised because Valentine's Day is a Public Holiday .. Seriously??? Come on !!! I did not want to reason with them as I had overseas guest with me. We would appreciate if told when we placed the order. I feel very cheated !!!
Any better Management would have throw in dessert or charge us set meal which items do make up a set as we did not get to order our cocktail for the endless wait (The Management knows that we were upset for the wait). In any case, our total bill came out to be S$133 ++ (excluding take aways) for the following - which reviewed and totally not worth the money and time spent. S$40+ for lunch WITHOUT dessert/ alcoholic drink :
1) 3 mushroom soup - nice & creamy but believed have left on the shelf for too long and a thin film forms on top of the soup (this is despite we waited for quite a while for them to be served after our crabcake)
2) 1 crabcake - the oil overpowered the sweetness or freshness of the seafood. Only tasted OIL.
3) 1 chongqing fried rice - this is the most burnt fried rice I have ever tasted perhaps it was supposed to be that way. My friend ordered 2 to go 'coz I told her this is the restaurant signature dish. I was embarressed by the taste so I had to pick up the tab.
4) 1 salmon - fresh !
5) 1 cajun chicken - Was too hungry from the long wait that I devoured without tasting.
6) 1 ribeye steak - Pink and the only dish that makes sense and thus the price.
7) 2 orange juice
8) 1 mocktail
Seriously Aunty Lucy we are disappointed with the service even though the management did apologies that one of the service staff was supposed to turn up but did not. Despite that lame excuse, the place had only 7 diners including 2 which just had their starters when we asked for our bill. For the price we paid it was way overpriced !!! So we and our friends will not have good reviews of your restaurant as we are very disappointed with the Management that day. Nope I will not advise any of my friends to your restaurant unless they love to queue when there is no line in the first place. And we purposely took a cab that afternoon to your restaurant to show our support <Sigh> I am totally embarressed !!!