Reviews for Fine Palate Cafe

EuropeanFusionItalianWesternWine
Address: #01-04/05, 51 Waterloo Street, 187969
03 Jun 2014

pleasantly surprised

I'm the 2nd customer on a late lunch tues afternoon. I had 2 of their signature items on the menu; FP Burger and ice drip. The burgers came In a pair of mini bite sized succulent juicy beef parties sandwiched between caramelized onions, bacon and vege, complimented by sweet potato chips... *lovely* The ice drip I ordered was the Dominican Republic Caribbean Queen. A small bottle of goodness bursting with flavor of mile acidity and fullness of coffee swirling in my mouth. Refreshing not overwhelming when paired with the burgers. All this cost $25 for 1 pax (for 2 items) ; mod hole in my opinion but totally worth it. Definitely coming back here again.
Home-made Burgers

More reviews of Fine Palate Cafe

Mediterranean Brunch Flavours

The brunch selection at Fine Palate Cafe isn’t massive, but we like the flavours: yoghurt pancake with fresh berries, warm maple syrup and fresh whipped cream ($12), a Provençal omelette (spinach, mushrooms, olives, vine cherry tomatoes and feta cheese, $16), and a Spanish-style omelette (chorizo, smoked cheddar cheese, spring onions and tomato relish, $18) all cook up to be such sun-kissed dishes. Read more best Brunch Places reviews here http://www.hungrygowhere.com/gallery/52-best-brunch-places-in-singapore--*gid-981f0400/photos/#06c80700

I highly recommend!!

I come here often. One of my favorite places. I would highly recommend the veal cheek.FULL of flavor! Wine selection seems to be carefully chosen, compliments the meats very well. Definitely a place to go back. Thank you Fine Palate for such a good experience :)

Nice little restaurant

The food served at Fine Palate cafe felt really English. As I am not a fan of English food, the dishes I had did not stand out greatly but is nevertheless palatable. It felt like normal food that I could get in UK but more expensive. Still a nice hang out place to go to and I like the white chocolate bar dessert which looked very appealing and indeed tasted delicious. Spent a total of $74 and for such a meal with such a presentation, I could get it easily at 25 pounds (~$50) in London. So, it would be a place that I may not visit again but if you like English cooking, then it might be the place for you!

For more details, please visit http://foodolicious.wordpress.com/2013/05/10/fine-palate-cafe/

Poached Mag's Review of Fine Palate Cafe

For the full review with pictures, click http://poachedmag.com/2012/10/12/review-fine-palate-cafe-appealing-to-your-fine-palate/

Bras Basah seems like the perfect place for a café. That sub-urban vibe it exudes despite being in the heart of the city. The rustic feel of Singapore in the 90’s spreading through the shops. A haunting stillness that weaves through the streets despite the hustle and bustle of the surrounding concrete jungle.

It might just be us, but we found at least some other people who shared the same sentiments. Those very people were tucked in the first floor of an obscure and tiny building, where we found Fine Palate Café.

It can be quite challenging to describe which crevice this restaurant is hiding in, so following the street numbers closely can be really helpful.

Walk past the al fresco dining area and tap lightly on the switch on the sliding glass door to enter the cooler part of the restaurant. The dimly-lit interior is minimal yet classy, with a pseudo-kitchen, complete with an island, basin, fridge and umm, a cash register. (which we later found out they don’t do the cooking here; the main kitchen is behind another door).

Any decent, self-respecting restaurants would provide breads and dips or other alternatives before the meal is served. Here at Fine Palate Café, they bake their own bread and make their own dips daily. We had Fresh Focaccia Bread with Eggplant Dip. Every bite of the focaccia released the aroma of rosemary, and because the bread is drizzled with olive oil and heated up before serving, there was a pleasant crunch. The eggplant dip was smooth, light and complemented well with the herbed sticks, neither stealing the limelight.

The chow here is mainly modern European, with a dash of Asian influences where the chef deems fit (I personally approve of their brand of fusion). Case in point: Fries served with wasabi mayonnaise. The thick-cut spud is double-fried to golden (almost caramel) crisps. Dip into the wasabi mayonnaise without fear, for it is mild with hardly any kick.