Reviews for Five & Dime Eatery

BeerFusionInternationalWesternWine
Nausheen Anwar

Delicious food.

expensive but wholesome and delicious food. Breakfast selection is yummy. Try the eggs benedict. rich, moist and filling.
17 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Delicious food.

26 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Awesome Food, Service, and Ambience

We are a Malaysian couple, in town for the weekend visiting friends. We were staying on River Valley road, less than a block away from Five and Dime.

It was pouring on this Friday afternoon -- it didn't look like the rain would stop any time soon, and we were getting hungry (and desperate!).

I called Five and Dime, made a reservation, and told them we were a few doors down but we were stuck because of the rain (we didn't have an umbrella).

To my surprise, Five and Dime sent someone over with an extra umbrella to "collect us". We were blown away. You don't get service THIS GOOD in this day and age anymore.

We ordered our food -- latte for both of us, a mentaiko pasta + braised pork sandwich. It was high quality - the mentaiko pasta was definitely unique in taste. We've never tasted anything like this before.

But what really got us was the dessert -- this crazy awesome chocolate lava cake. It had a hint of salted egg york in its core. A perfect balance between sweet & salty. BEST thing ever.

If you're looking for a great cafe with great food, people, service, ambience, look no further. Five and Dime is the place.
Lava Cake
17 Nov 2014 • 1941 reviews • 259 followers

First generation hipster cafe

Five and Dime Eatery has to be one of the earlier hipster cafes launched. Located near Mohammed Sultan, this is a popular venture for those in the late 20s.

At a recent visit, I started with theCreamy Crab Croquettes ($12), two pieces of milky mashed potato with large chunks of crab meat and a slight sour finish. Well executed.

Not so good was the Koro Koro Steak ($32), which I felt was over marinated , too strong in tastes and the garlic and ponzu sauce overpowered the natural flavours of the slightly overdone beef.

Recommended is the Mentaiko Pasta ($18). The noodles were mixed well with the mayo based fusion dish and there was enough cod roe to produce tha crunch with each bite.

For dessert I had the Lava Cake ($12). In addition to the oozing chocolate from the cake, it was topped with egg yolk and I felt the salt and sweet combination was a treat.

Overall, I must say that I was rather impressed by the food. Service was generally efficient.