Reviews for Five & Dime Eatery

BeerFusionInternationalWesternWine
Hoongy !

First generation hipster cafe

Five and Dime Eatery has to be one of the earlier hipster cafes launched. Located near Mohammed Sultan, this is a popular venture for those in the late 20s.

At a recent visit, I started with theCreamy Crab Croquettes ($12), two pieces of milky mashed potato with large chunks of crab meat and a slight sour finish. Well executed.

Not so good was the Koro Koro Steak ($32), which I felt was over marinated , too strong in tastes and the garlic and ponzu sauce overpowered the natural flavours of the slightly overdone beef.

Recommended is the Mentaiko Pasta ($18). The noodles were mixed well with the mayo based fusion dish and there was enough cod roe to produce tha crunch with each bite.

For dessert I had the Lava Cake ($12). In addition to the oozing chocolate from the cake, it was topped with egg yolk and I felt the salt and sweet combination was a treat.

Overall, I must say that I was rather impressed by the food. Service was generally efficient.
Lava Cake
17 Nov 2014 • 1882 reviews • 258 followers

First generation hipster cafe

Recommended is the Mentaiko Pasta ($18). The noodles were mixed well with the
08 Oct 2014 • 9 reviews • 0 follower

Great service, good food at good value

I had a mentaiko pasta, and I loved it! It had just the perfect amount of cream, and the spaghetti was cooked al-dente. The mentaiko topping was pleasantly generous too, and I couldn’t stop eating it even though I wasn’t hungry at all. The waiters and waitresses at Five & Dime were very kind, polite and quick.
For more: http://cheryltaro.wordpress.com/2014/10/08/foodbook-five-dime/
Side/Appetizer - Salmon
18 Sep 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Nice Food, Good Service, Environment so so. Do RSVP.

It's a really small dining place. Probably less than 10 tables?
Do make RESERVATION beforehand.
We went around 2pm and the place was packed.

FOOD was nice.
We ordered a Spinach Tamago, a Big Brekkie, a side/appetizer that consists of salmon and a Matcha Latte.
The Salmon was really very nice! but it came with lots of vege.
Spinach Tamago -
It's Japanese sweet egg omelette with lots of spinach inside it.
It came with a little bowl of fruits, cubes of potato, a handful of salad, and a slice of bread. A really balanced fill.
The potatoes were fried with a very little pinch of spice.
I'm not a