Reviews for Five & Dime Eatery

BeerFusionInternationalWesternWine
Hoongy !

First generation hipster cafe

Five and Dime Eatery has to be one of the earlier hipster cafes launched. Located near Mohammed Sultan, this is a popular venture for those in the late 20s.

At a recent visit, I started with theCreamy Crab Croquettes ($12), two pieces of milky mashed potato with large chunks of crab meat and a slight sour finish. Well executed.

Not so good was the Koro Koro Steak ($32), which I felt was over marinated , too strong in tastes and the garlic and ponzu sauce overpowered the natural flavours of the slightly overdone beef.

Recommended is the Mentaiko Pasta ($18). The noodles were mixed well with the mayo based fusion dish and there was enough cod roe to produce tha crunch with each bite.

For dessert I had the Lava Cake ($12). In addition to the oozing chocolate from the cake, it was topped with egg yolk and I felt the salt and sweet combination was a treat.

Overall, I must say that I was rather impressed by the food. Service was generally efficient.
Lava Cake
17 Nov 2014 • 1909 reviews • 258 followers

First generation hipster cafe

08 Oct 2014 • 9 reviews • 0 follower

Great service, good food at good value

I had a mentaiko pasta, and I loved it! It had just the perfect amount of cream, and the spaghetti was cooked al-dente. The mentaiko topping was pleasantly generous too, and I couldn’t stop eating it even though I wasn’t hungry at all. The waiters and waitresses at Five & Dime were very kind, polite and quick.
For more: http://cheryltaro.wordpress.com/2014/10/08/foodbook-five-dime/
Side/Appetizer - Salmon
18 Sep 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Nice Food, Good Service, Environment so so. Do RSVP.

It's a really small dining place. Probably less than 10 tables?
Do make RESERVATION beforehand.
We went around 2pm and the place was packed.

FOOD was nice.
We ordered a Spinach Tamago, a Big Brekkie, a side/appetizer that consists of salmon and a Matcha Latte.
The Salmon was really very nice! but it came with lots of vege.
Spinach Tamago -
It's Japanese sweet egg omelette with lots of spinach inside it.
It came with a little bowl of fruits, cubes of potato, a handful of salad, and a slice of bread. A really balanced fill.
The potatoes were fried with a very little pinch of spice.
I'm not a bread lover but the bread was really soft and fluffy.
Big Brekkie -
It came with Scrambled Eggs, Bacons, Beans, and Sauteed Mushrooms.
The eggs were more to sweet kind than salty.
The bacons were very crispy.
I love the mushrooms!
Oh ya. and the Matcha Latte is nice too! :)

SERVICE fast and friendly.
The servers came with smiles and politeness. and we didn't need to wait very long for the food despite the place was packed. The servers were attentive and refill our ice water as and when it's low.

Just one thing... the place was rather noisy. Maybe cos of the space is small and confined. You can hear everyone voices.

For the food and the service, i think the price was worth it. :)