Reviews for Five & Dime Eatery

3.5

BeerFusionInternationalWesternWine

Charming design and tasty food

For more reviews, visit: http://www.huipingtay.blogspot.com

A charming contemporary restaurant that serves comfort food in a cosy atmosphere. Five and Dime is located at River Valley Road, a distance walk from Somerset MRT station.

The Mentaiko Pasta ($18) is a pleasure to the palate. The large portion of spaghetti is tossed in creamy mentaiko sauce and topped with more cod fish roe. Prepared at the right temperature, the spaghetti boiled to Al Dente is extremely chewy.

For desserts, we have the golden custard lava cake ($12). Served in a dim sum basket, I was immediately reminded of the custard bun (Liu Sha Bao). This dish cleverly incorporate concepts from the East and the West to a heavenly mix. The molten chocolate lava cake was warm and melts in the mouth. While the salted egg yolk custard center neutralizes the sweetness of the cake to perfectio
• 21 May 2015 • 12 reviews • 0 follower

Charming design and tasty food

For more reviews, visit: http://www.huipingtay.blogspot.com

• Mentaiko Pasta @ Five and Dime
• 17 May 2015 • 30 reviews • 4 followers

Great place for brunch!

Overall
This is an adapted review from my blog. Full review and more photos are available at:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we stepped through the entrance, two things became obvious to me – space was a premium, and occupancy was full. All of which led to one conclusion – reserve before you come (which was what we did). I commend the staff and overall atmosphere of Five and Dime to readers. The serving staffs were friendly and energetic, performing tasks like whirlwinds and adding to the vibe of the place. Despite the limited space and hectic tasks, the team did their best to provide a warm ambience and we felt welcomed.

Five and Dime proved itself not with its atmosphere but with its food. We ordered a fine Spinach Tamago, Buttermilk Pancakes and Mentaiko Pasta, all to be washed down with a bottle of Coconut Juice and a Matcha Milkshake. I personally loved Mentaiko Pasta the most, from its spicy roes to the soft spaghetti. To top the experience, we ordered a Golden Custard Lava Cake, revealing my true purpose of bringing all of us here. The reason I wanted to try it was because of its uniqueness in combining salted egg yolk with chocolate, leaving a mixed trail of liquid gold and brown when it flowed out.

I rate Five and Dime as a great find to sate my hunger for nice food, and I could see that many diners share my thoughts.
  • exterior
• 18 Feb 2015 • 7 reviews • 0 follower

Good dessert ~

Overall
my 2nd visit to try their dessert. My first try is just main course. Both visit super crowded so better avoid perk period or make a reservatoon if they could accept ;) small cafe limited seats
we love the new Milo panna cotta ~ just nice good creamy but maybe next time we will try their egg York lava when we have a bigger group dining ~ cannot finish if we are just two person.
  • Milo panna cotta