Back to Flamin' Grills91 East Coast Road

rejovanation
 • 28 Jul 2014 91 reviews 1 follower
Overall
[CLOSED] this establishment has ceased operations.

Koh Crystal
 • 13 Sep 2012 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We were very impressed by the salad and foie gras! The tenderloin steak is also definitely worth trying for. Just that the soup is too rich to my liking. The people there are so friendly. They explained the menu and checked if the food is alright. The food is also served promptly. We will definitely patronise Flamin Grill again!

Dinner, Quiet

Xinmin Zhuang
 • 04 Aug 2012 1 review 0 follower
Overall
We'd always been attracted by the funky sign but had been hesitant to splurge on a relatively new steak house. With the ongoing promotion for Standard Chartered Card holders on Beef Tenderloin sets (1-for-1!), this seemed like the perfect opportunity to try it out.

The restaurant was somewhat empty, despite it being a Friday night. Service staff were very attentive, and took efforts to explain the dishes and choices to my parents in Mandarin. We ended up order two sets of "all-inclusive" AU Tenderloin, one set for 200g ($36), the other for 300g ($44). Each set comes with a soup, a salad, a side ("complement") and a drink.

Soup choices were between cream of spinach and chicken noodle. Both were excellent, although you should only pick the chicken noodle if you enjoy celery. All three types of salad (Grill's Chopped, Beef Steak Tomato and Traditional Caesar) were also thoroughly enjoyable, with fresh crispy vegetables and spot-on dressings and toppings.

We had all ordered medium rare steaks, which arrived on a nicely warmed-up plate lined with herb butter. The steaks were cooked to perfection, and extremely juicy and tender. While the sauces were pretty run of the mill, the steak was so good that the sauces were strictly optional. The fries (one of the complements/sides) that came with the steaks were also exceptional.

With the 1-for-1 deal (goes on till 31 Jan 2013) and the excellent service and food, we were surprised that the restaurant was only half-full. The only minus point to our otherwise amazing meal was the rather overcooked fois gras starter.

Dinner, Business Dining, Fine Dining, After Work, Quiet