Flamin' Grills has closed.

Summary

Quiet, Dinner View all

Good food and wonderful service!

We were very impressed by the salad and foie gras! The tenderloin steak is also definitely worth trying for. Just that the soup is too rich to my liking. The people there are so friendly. They explained the menu and checked if the food is alright. The food is also served promptly. We will definitely patronise Flamin Grill again!

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Flamin' Grills

CLOSED!

[CLOSED] this establishment has ceased operations.

Excellent food and service

We'd always been attracted by the funky sign but had been hesitant to splurge on a relatively new steak house. With the ongoing promotion for Standard Chartered Card holders on Beef Tenderloin sets (1-for-1!), this seemed like the perfect opportunity to try it out.

The restaurant was somewhat empty, despite it being a Friday night. Service staff were very attentive, and took efforts to explain the dishes and choices to my parents in Mandarin. We ended up order two sets of "all-inclusive" AU Tenderloin, one set for 200g ($36), the other for 300g ($44). Each set comes with a soup, a salad, a side ("complement") and a drink.

Soup choices were between cream of spinach and chicken noodle. Both were excellent, although you should only pick the chicken noodle if you enjoy celery. All three types of salad (Grill's Chopped, Beef Steak Tomato and Traditional Caesar) were also thoroughly enjoyable, with fresh crispy vegetables and spot-on dressings and toppings.

We had all ordered medium rare steaks, which arrived on a nicely warmed-up plate lined with herb butter. The steaks were cooked to perfection, and extremely juicy and tender. While the sauces were pretty run of the mill, the steak was so good that the sauces were strictly optional. The fries (one of the complements/sides) that came with the steaks were also exceptional.

With the 1-for-1 deal (goes on till 31 Jan 2013) and the excellent service and food, we were surprised that the restaurant was only half-full. The only minus point to our otherwise amazing meal was the rather overcooked fois gras starter.

Great Service, excellent steaks!

It's always very surprising for me to find places in Singapore with great customer service, and this place did surprise me. The waiters were very friendly and attentive (very rare in Singapore). They know what a medium rare steak is (again a rarity in Singapore) and they seem to actually care about whether the food meets my expectations.

Flaming Grill

So their Signboard sure is a eye opener. Sadly so is the food and service (not in a good way).

My family and I arrived and waited about 10 minutes to be seated, despite the restaurant being mostly empty. Waiters were nowhere in sight.

When we were finally seated we ordered the tenderloin, as well as the fish with special sauce. (I think it was sea bass, I don't remember), along with 3 soups and two cokes.

The drinks arrived rather quickly, which was fine, but the soups took a whole hour to arrive. And when it did, it was cold. Looking around, I realized everyone's soup arrived at the same time, including a number of tables which were there before us. We asked the same waiter for some pepper, thrice, but sadly, no pepper arrived, even after we finished our main courses.

Next, our steaks arrived, another hour after, terribly overcooked. We ordered them to be done medium rare, but they were close to well done. The sizzling ceramic plate it arrived on did not help at all. On top of this, our sides, which were supposed to arrive with our steaks took another 15 minutes to come and were cold. For a baked potato to be cold, takes a considerable amount of time in the room. So that speaks a lot. The condiments served for the baked potato tasted canned and stale.

The fish arrived shortly after the steaks, but was overcooked as well, with no special sauce, which took another half hour to arrive. A small ramekin of what tasted like dill, thrown into cold milk and served. It was horrible.

We couldn't be bothered to send back the food, in fear of waiting another hour for our food. If we had know we'd wait this long for such a standard of food, we would have gone to astons. Also, the price charged, which was around that of a fine dining steakhouse, if not slightly pricier was as good as a complete rip off

Maybe they have improved since that day, or it was merely a bad day for them, but I wouldn't risk going there again.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.