Flamin' Grills has closed.

Summary

Quiet, Dinner View all

Good food and wonderful service!

We were very impressed by the salad and foie gras! The tenderloin steak is also definitely worth trying for. Just that the soup is too rich to my liking. The people there are so friendly. They explained the menu and checked if the food is alright. The food is also served promptly. We will definitely patronise Flamin Grill again!

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Flamin' Grills

CLOSED!

[CLOSED] this establishment has ceased operations.

Flamin' Grills Is Worth A Visit!

My wife and I visited Flamin' Grills during the week and had a great meal which was excellent value for money. The restaurant has been open for just 5 months and is still trying to establish itself in Katong, a place which has many, many other dining options. However, for a steak dinner or rack of ribs, you can't go wrong with this place.

I ordered their largest weight 400gm Australian Rib Eye, cooked medium and it was very tasty indeed. The Rib Eye with two sides, soup plus non-alcoholic drink was only $39 all in. They have several other good cuts of course including Filet Mignon & Porterhouse and an extensive wine collection.

My wife ordered the rack of Baby Back Ribs which was a very generous, tasty portion for one and extremely reasonably priced at $17 (soup or salad included). The ribs were very tender, flavorful and served with a delicious BBQ sauce.

The restaurant was almost empty on a Tuesday evening but I suspect this will not be the case as the word spreads about the great food on offer and the value for money aspect as well. The service was excellent but I guess that will be the case when you are virtually the only diners there.

The total bill was only $75 dollars without wine- I just had a beer!

If you like steak & ribs- let's face it who doesn't- do pop along to this one, you'll like it very much.

Excellent food and service

We'd always been attracted by the funky sign but had been hesitant to splurge on a relatively new steak house. With the ongoing promotion for Standard Chartered Card holders on Beef Tenderloin sets (1-for-1!), this seemed like the perfect opportunity to try it out.

The restaurant was somewhat empty, despite it being a Friday night. Service staff were very attentive, and took efforts to explain the dishes and choices to my parents in Mandarin. We ended up order two sets of "all-inclusive" AU Tenderloin, one set for 200g ($36), the other for 300g ($44). Each set comes with a soup, a salad, a side ("complement") and a drink.

Soup choices were between cream of spinach and chicken noodle. Both were excellent, although you should only pick the chicken noodle if you enjoy celery. All three types of salad (Grill's Chopped, Beef Steak Tomato and Traditional Caesar) were also thoroughly enjoyable, with fresh crispy vegetables and spot-on dressings and toppings.

We had all ordered medium rare steaks, which arrived on a nicely warmed-up plate lined with herb butter. The steaks were cooked to perfection, and extremely juicy and tender. While the sauces were pretty run of the mill, the steak was so good that the sauces were strictly optional. The fries (one of the complements/sides) that came with the steaks were also exceptional.

With the 1-for-1 deal (goes on till 31 Jan 2013) and the excellent service and food, we were surprised that the restaurant was only half-full. The only minus point to our otherwise amazing meal was the rather overcooked fois gras starter.

Great Service, excellent steaks!

It's always very surprising for me to find places in Singapore with great customer service, and this place did surprise me. The waiters were very friendly and attentive (very rare in Singapore). They know what a medium rare steak is (again a rarity in Singapore) and they seem to actually care about whether the food meets my expectations.