Reviews for Food For Thought (Botanic Gardens)

3.1

AsianBeerFusionWesternWine
10 Feb 2015
Overall

come for the ambience if for nothing else

food is sub par, not fantastic, ur usual scrambled eggs and sausage western breakfast.

its quite packed too and crowded

however the silver lining is that the ambience for outdoor seating is beautiful, u can come and just sit the morning away enjoying the fresh air and scenery.

More reviews of Food For Thought

Overall

need more thought for food

So food for thought should give a bit more thought to their cafe menu.   A cafe latte from an instant coffee machine shouldn't belong on a menu in the cafe, let alone be in the same category as espresso.‎   A milo drink isn't milo latte, especially when the milk isn't even steamed or frothed and again, came out from an instant machine, it insults the customers' intelligence when u call it a 'milo latte.'‎   When I would rather drink Seasons brand of ice lemon tea, you know that you really need a huge overhaul of your cafe menu.   -ate at botanic gardens outlet on a Sunday afternoon
Overall

a lot of improvement needed

The place is really spacious and has a nice ambience. If you're looking for a nice place to chill and have a walk thereafter it would be good. The food and price however is extremely disappointing. For a cafe situated in a UNESCO world heritage site, it's a pity their food and service are not up to par to take advantage of this site.

The food tasted processed, the scrambled eggs were no better than the eggs in a big breakfast meal at macdonalds. The hashbrowns were tasteless and it's like you can taste the lifelessness and boredom of the staff in the food they cook.

Overall

overpriced food, inefficient and substandard service

Made a trip to botanic gardens on a Sunday hoping to give my parents a pleasant meal. Given that  its mainly self service based (with the exception of food being served to you. Other things such as water and condiments have to be taken yourself, and orders have to be made at a counter) , and that serving sizes are average, sitting arrangements are largely communal (long tables and benches that are not  particularly comfy), there's little to justify much of their prices.      My parents both chose to have a laksa each, and share a Basic Works and I ordered the pork pulled burger. After more than half an hour, the Basic Works and burger finally was served. But their main courses of laksa had yet to come. 5 to 10 minutes later, after a total of 40 minutes they informed us that the order machine had a hiccuping and had not received their order. And that it was now past 2pm and the kitchen was not serving laksa anymore. They asked if we would like to order another dish and have the cost of the laksa refunded  (that would not be complimentary, despite the delay). They offered us a complimentary drink instead, which was rather stingy.   Obviously it was way past lunch time by then and we did not want to wait another half an hour to eat, so we asked for a refund instead. Upon receiving the refund for ONE laksa (I had ordered 2), I realised that the lady at the counter had ALSO taken my order wrongly, keying in 1 laksa instead of 2. I suppose I should have checked my receipt and amount paid after ordering, but the preogorative is on them to as service providers to  get my order correctly and confirm it, which they did not. Of course, it did not really matter since the laksa order never got through, however, it does reflect very poorly on the service standards of this establishment.
In a previous visit, I also recall having to wait a over half an hour for my food. Having seen the increasingly bad service, I am sure that I will not be returning to Food for Thought again.

To be fair, the food is palatable, but not extraordinary enough to distinguish it from other eating places of its kind. Particularly given the portion to price ratio.
Overall, I would not recommend this place, but if you have  an above average budget, a small appetite, and believe you have a patient,  gracious temperament, do feel free to put it to the test.
Overall

great place for family outing

Guess due to their strategic location, it has been always one of my favorite chill-out places with my family.

Foods wise is pretty ok and their breakfast and pancakes are my 'Must' to order. the pancake is up to my standard and the fluffiness is just nice.  Though price is slightly high compare to similar range of restaurants.