Fukuichi Japanese Dining (111 Somerset) (福一)

Summary

Sashimi, Kani Tofu, Fagura Beef, bento, Cold Fish Noodle, Kama, bamboo clam with cod roe sauce, beef set, crab roe tofu, Bara Chirashi Teishoku, Black sesame ice cream mochi, Corn tempura, Kaisen Zousui, Niku Fagura Sauce, Niku hoba yaki, Oishi Oyster, Shake Aburi Maki, Sushi, Tako Kaarage, Tako Karaage, chawanmushi, grilled eggplant, hot fish noodles, kami nabe, salt baked tuna collar View all
Dinner, After Work, Lunch, Business Dining, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Ala Carte, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Chillout, Quiet, View/Scenery, Hidden Find, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Romance/First Dates, Anniversary, Fine Dining, Healthy Eating, Large Groups, Relaxed, Wine Lists View all

sashimi

While they have all sorts of japanese food and their bento sets are pretty worthwhile. the sashimi here stands out the most. they are quite expensive but in singapore u cant really find good sashimi at a cheap price. we ordered a few sashimi costing about 40 to 60 dollars per plate but the sashimi are so fresh and melts nicely in the mouth. will be crowded during peak hours so make sure to do booking

Most helpful reviews for Fukuichi Japanese Dining (111 Somerset)

thoughtful service & fresh food

Great restaurants can fail with bad service. Thus I thought service matters most to me. At Fukuichi, the waitresses are mostly aunties kind, but I could feel they are experienced and pretty well trained in how to treat customers.

When we asked for a particular outdoor table, and the table was reserved beforehand, the waitress was flexible enough to let us have the seats while moving another table over to replace the reserved table taken by us. I feel they respect their customers and are willing to go the extra mile to serve us.

Next, we brought cakes from outside to celebrate our friend's birthday and they made sure we had proper cutlery and plates when we eat the cakes! I think they are very thoughtful too as they regularly came over to check and top up our plain water.

On top of that, the food was fresh & delicious. Didn't like the kani crabstick dish, but love the grilled beef with foe grass sauce to the max!!

Good Value Japanese Set Lunch at 111 Somerset

Needed to bring some colleagues out for lunch, and we headed to this restaurant which is near our office.

They have set lunches available, and we each picked what we liked. I chose the Bara Chirashi Teishoku. This is the mixed vegetables and seafood rice bowl set. It costs $18.

The set lunch for the Chirashi seafood bowl came with chawanmushi, a fresh salad bowl, miso soup.

I was expecting sashimi trimmings from leftover fish. But I saw sashimi fish that were freshly sliced and placed atop the rice. There was also tamago and Japanese cucumbers in it.

The dessert was also good. I got a black sesame ice cream mochi. Nice end to the meal.

It filled me up nicely for lunch. Good value for the quality and amount of food.

Great food

I went with my family for a birthday celebration. We ordered lots of sashimi, chawanmushi with crab and roe, spider maki and another maki, some sushi, cod fish mentai bento set (awesome), beef with goose liver sauce ($40+ of awesomeness) and ice cream desserts. Every dish we ordered was really good. It was an expensive meal because we splurged but the food was great.

Gem

I was here today for the first time. It Is a Sunday, lunch time. Great stuff - quality set meals at reasonable prices. We had their sushi set n their mentaiko grilled fish set. The salad n chawanmuahi which were part of the set meals were good. Their set meal prices are similar to those mass market jap restaurants like s---- sushi, but are of much better quality n ambiance. Very prompt n attentive service too. Apart from set meals, they also offer interesting dishes at higher-end prices. Eg we had their grilled miso eggplant. They also serve omakase.