Review for Fukuichi Japanese Dining (111 Somerset) (福一)

AsianJapanese
Address: TripleOne Somerset, 111 Somerset Road, 238164

18 Apr 2014

Fabulous food at Fukuichi

Having been to Fukuichi Japanese Restaurant twice before (read about it here), the craving for their food just doesn't leave me   Service remains attentive and excellent, and ambience is still the same - quiet, exquisite and serene. I had my much-craved Cold Crabmeat Tofu - a very delicious and rich blend of crab-tofu served with a thick layering of mashed century egg, spring onions and scallions on top. The flavor is buttery, flavorful and refreshing.   Next, the Cold Fish Noodles - something I had ordered by mistake. It somewhat slipped my mind that usually I ate the Hot Fish Noodles (the soup is fabulous), but this was one of their signatures as well, and it sure didn't disappoint. The noodles were springy with good texture that was not too hard nor soggy, and because it is made entirely of fish flesh, there was a tinge of sweetness to it. Dipped with the cold dark sauce that it is served with, this dish leaves one desiring for more.   The next item I had was the Salmon Sashimi - slices of thick, fresh and sweet raw salmon that does not lose its bouncy texture.   For more detailed information and photos, please feel free to visit: http://thearcticstar.blogspot.sg/2014/04/dinner-at-fukuichi-japanese-restaurant.html

Kani Tofu, Sashimi, crab roe tofu, Cold Fish Noodle, hot fish noodles, chawanmushi

More reviews of Fukuichi Japanese Dining (111 Somerset)

sashimi

While they have all sorts of japanese food and their bento sets are pretty worthwhile. the sashimi here stands out the most. they are quite expensive but in singapore u cant really find good sashimi at a cheap price. we ordered a few sashimi costing about 40 to 60 dollars per plate but the sashimi are so fresh and melts nicely in the mouth. will be crowded during peak hours so make sure to do booking

Good Value Japanese Set Lunch at 111 Somerset

Needed to bring some colleagues out for lunch, and we headed to this restaurant which is near our office.

They have set lunches available, and we each picked what we liked. I chose the Bara Chirashi Teishoku. This is the mixed vegetables and seafood rice bowl set. It costs $18.

The set lunch for the Chirashi seafood bowl came with chawanmushi, a fresh salad bowl, miso soup.

I was expecting sashimi trimmings from leftover fish. But I saw sashimi fish that were freshly sliced and placed atop the rice. There was also tamago and Japanese cucumbers in it.

The dessert was also good. I got a black sesame ice cream mochi. Nice end to the meal.

It filled me up nicely for lunch. Good value for the quality and amount of food.

Great food

I went with my family for a birthday celebration. We ordered lots of sashimi, chawanmushi with crab and roe, spider maki and another maki, some sushi, cod fish mentai bento set (awesome), beef with goose liver sauce ($40+ of awesomeness) and ice cream desserts. Every dish we ordered was really good. It was an expensive meal because we splurged but the food was great.

Gem

I was here today for the first time. It Is a Sunday, lunch time. Great stuff - quality set meals at reasonable prices. We had their sushi set n their mentaiko grilled fish set. The salad n chawanmuahi which were part of the set meals were good. Their set meal prices are similar to those mass market jap restaurants like s---- sushi, but are of much better quality n ambiance. Very prompt n attentive service too. Apart from set meals, they also offer interesting dishes at higher-end prices. Eg we had their grilled miso eggplant. They also serve omakase.

Nice lunch bento

A lot of choices for lunch bentos, all are pocket friendly.Chirashi set $16 Tempura set $20, comes with salad,chawanmushi, sides and ice cream. a la carte Kani tofu is amazing.

While the service quite blur. Do remember to make reservation if you want to come for lunch.