Review for Fukuichi Japanese Dining (111 Somerset) (福一)

AsianJapanese
Address: TripleOne Somerset, 111 Somerset Road, 238164

15 Feb 2014

Lunch at Fukuichi - OISHI

Have you ever discovered a simple-looking restaurant by chance, tried the food, and gotten addicted to one or more of the dishes? Well, it happened to me, when I chanced upon Fukuchi Japanese Dining with my buddy Cain*.

This restaurant boosts of a traditional Japanese interior; quiet and serene ambience, ideal for business lunches or friends' gathering. The simple decorations are easy on the eyes, and comforting to the soul. Yes, they have VIP / private rooms and alfresco dining too, if one pleases.

First we had the Crab Roe Tofu - which was a cold dish. The crab roe was superb - delicious and melts-in-your-mouth. Set against the very lightly-flavored tofu (beancurd), they complement each other greatly; both smooth, both mouthwatering on its own.

The next item was a Cold Fish Noodle - what is so unique about this dish is that the noodles themselves are made of fish meat! Yes, not flour, wheat or starch - but fish flesh! It was ultra springy in texture, and the taste was just heavenly. It was literally love at first bite for Cain* and I. Since then, I have been having craving for this, and actually came back one more time to satiate my craving. This was truly one of the tastiest noodle dishes I had ever eaten, and the soup was nicely flavored with seaweed and hints of ....fish essence?

For more detailed information and photos, do visit:

crab roe tofu, Cold Fish Noodle

More reviews of Fukuichi Japanese Dining (111 Somerset)

sashimi

While they have all sorts of japanese food and their bento sets are pretty worthwhile. the sashimi here stands out the most. they are quite expensive but in singapore u cant really find good sashimi at a cheap price. we ordered a few sashimi costing about 40 to 60 dollars per plate but the sashimi are so fresh and melts nicely in the mouth. will be crowded during peak hours so make sure to do booking

Good Value Japanese Set Lunch at 111 Somerset

Needed to bring some colleagues out for lunch, and we headed to this restaurant which is near our office.

They have set lunches available, and we each picked what we liked. I chose the Bara Chirashi Teishoku. This is the mixed vegetables and seafood rice bowl set. It costs $18.

The set lunch for the Chirashi seafood bowl came with chawanmushi, a fresh salad bowl, miso soup.

I was expecting sashimi trimmings from leftover fish. But I saw sashimi fish that were freshly sliced and placed atop the rice. There was also tamago and Japanese cucumbers in it.

The dessert was also good. I got a black sesame ice cream mochi. Nice end to the meal.

It filled me up nicely for lunch. Good value for the quality and amount of food.

Great food

I went with my family for a birthday celebration. We ordered lots of sashimi, chawanmushi with crab and roe, spider maki and another maki, some sushi, cod fish mentai bento set (awesome), beef with goose liver sauce ($40+ of awesomeness) and ice cream desserts. Every dish we ordered was really good. It was an expensive meal because we splurged but the food was great.

Gem

I was here today for the first time. It Is a Sunday, lunch time. Great stuff - quality set meals at reasonable prices. We had their sushi set n their mentaiko grilled fish set. The salad n chawanmuahi which were part of the set meals were good. Their set meal prices are similar to those mass market jap restaurants like s---- sushi, but are of much better quality n ambiance. Very prompt n attentive service too. Apart from set meals, they also offer interesting dishes at higher-end prices. Eg we had their grilled miso eggplant. They also serve omakase.

Nice lunch bento

A lot of choices for lunch bentos, all are pocket friendly.Chirashi set $16 Tempura set $20, comes with salad,chawanmushi, sides and ice cream. a la carte Kani tofu is amazing.

While the service quite blur. Do remember to make reservation if you want to come for lunch.