Summary

Sashimi, Potato Salad, Salmon Triple Flavour, Seared Crab with Black Pepper, Seared Salmon with Black Pepper, Steamed Egg Custard with Crab Meat, fatty tuna, mochi, salmon belly sushi View all
Dinner, Children/Family, Lunch, After Work, Vibrant/Noisy, Girls Night Out, Healthy Eating, Large Groups/Gathering View all

Good Food, Cute Display

It's interesting to see small trains delivering food to our seats after we ordered from the iPad. And the food served tasted good as well, staff service is fine too. Will dine in again if we have the chances.

Most helpful reviews for Genki Sushi (Orchard Central)

Yes to Genki

My sushi diet consists of salmon, salmon, and more salmon. I used to avoid eating salmon altogether, simply because I didn’t like the taste of it, let alone have it raw. It’s a different story now though, and I’ve acquired a liking for it in all of its forms – sashimi, grilled, as part of a soup, etc.

Read more about it at https://thenomcollective.wordpress.com/ :)

Value for money!

This awesome place is value for money! The prices are very much reasonable for the quality and amount of food. I personally like the spicy salmon sushi, lobster salad sushi, sashimi salad and clams salad! Go for this place if you do not wish to spend too much for food in town. Food is served rather quickly and I give this place a 10/10 for creativity. The food is delivered through a conveyor belt like toy train and ordering is also hassle-free with the ipad at each and every table. You can even keep track of your spending by checking the total bill on the ipad!

Reasonably-Priced Sushi

Defying convention, Genki Sushi has ditched conveyorbelt-style sushi in favour of sushi that's delivered on a mini shinkansen. Oh and not forgetting, you order via an iPad that's on each table. Points for innovation over there.

I visited this joint 3 weeks back after queuing for half an hour (unfortunately, they do not accept reservations). The chirashi don was reasonably-priced at $7.90 and the seared salmon belly sushi was really good—I helped myself to a couple of plates of that. The fried soft-shell crab ($5.90) was also excellent.

I definitely recommend this place to anyone who loves affordable, good sushi.

Genki Sushi

Please visit http://whattoeatah.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/genki-sushi/ for the complete review and uploaded photos. This is not just a normal plate of salmon sushi. It is not whisked around in a conveyor belt nor delivered to you by foot. It is transported on an express train-look alike from the kitchen right to your table. Did I mention that you order your sushi from an iPad?