Review for Gerry's Grill

3.2

AsianBeerFilipinoSeafoodWestern
Address: StarHub Centre, 51 Cuppage Road, 229469

Finally! Gerry's Grill Singapore

Gerry's Grill has 47 branches in the Philippines.

Good food and reasonably priced.

Menu is not as big compared to their branches in the Philippines but all the important items (like the pork sisig) is available here...

*****

If you have instagram photos of Gerry's Grill, please tag them #gerrysingapore

pork sisig

More reviews of Gerry's Grill

Authentic filipino food

tried the sisig ($11.95) which is a popular local dish, consisting of chopped jowls, ears and liver, served on hot plate with egg. slightly to the oily side, its quite flavorful but i guess its an acquired taste.

also tried the bulalo soup which is made by cooking beef shanks and marrow bones until the collagen and fat has melted into the clear broth. Also tried the inihaw na pusit (bbq squid $16.95). The next dish i would like to try from this place will definitely be the pork knuckle!

Disappointing Filipino Restaurant

Gerry’s Grill offers grilled seafood and authentic Filipino cuisines, with some 75 branches in the Philippines and outlets in Singapore, United States and Qatar. We visited the outlet at Cuppage Road near Somerset MRT (they also have outlets at Marina Bay Sands and Esplanade Singapore).

We were intrigued by the colourful banners of their grills and the crowd there (including quite a large number of Filipinos). However, we didn’t really enjoy our meal – the service was so-so, and we didn’t quite enjoy the taste of the food, though that was probably really a matter of personal taste rather than the quality of the food per se.

Our overall rating: 6 out of 10 [Ambience: 7, Service: 7, Taste: 5.5, Presentation: 6, Value-for-Money:7] As mentioned, the low rating for food was really a matter of personal taste. Those with a love for Filipino foods may feel differently.

For more information and pictures on the food, visit our blog : http://angiekayexplorer.com/2015/10/30/review-of-gerrys-restaurant-bar/

Overall

not the oroginal gerry's grill standard

the food served here is not the one i was expecting. too lousy and too substantard. thats alll to sum everything.
Overall

Not really my cup of tea sadly

Full post and pictures at toseetofeeltoeat

We ordered some deep fried chicken, some grilled squid, the sizzling kangkong and shredded pork. I have to say, it really requires an acquired taste to truly enjoy the food here. Perhaps it's the way the food is cooked or the spices used, but everything tastes kind of sour. As I've never tried Filipino food before, I'm really curious as to whether the usual Filipino food has this interesting sour tangy taste to it as well!   Anyway, the deep fried chicken was average. The batter tasted kind of sour and the meat was slightly tough, and was completely not juicy at all. What a bummer. he grilled squid was also slightly sour. It tasted like any normal grilled squid, nothing much to scream about. The sizzling kangkong was the only dish that was not sour, but I don't think it was done very well either. The vegetables were kind of limp and overcooked, not crunchy as one would expect fresh greens to be. Deep fried shredded pork which was tasty for the first few bites but just felt very oily after that. We didn't finish this dish because it did not taste like anything much after awhile and the oily taste was too persistent.

I doubt I would return but I concede that maybe it's truly an acquired taste that I have yet to acquire (and possibly will never acquire).