Reviews for Grin Affair

DessertsWestern
Nicole Neo Wei Di

Will always be back!

Popped by today after hearing about it online! I recommend to take Exit H/G from Outram MRT to reach there. The place is really quite small though, so takeaway is best! The person serving me was patient and helped recommend me what flavor to purchase. As for the jar cake itself, the flavor was really great - delicate balance of tartness and sweetness, just enough lightness and a good fluffy texture of the cake coupled with the smooth slightly creamy mousse. Will frequent here again to takeaway for family and friends! It can be a great surprise treat for a loved one too!
16 Feb 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Will always be back!

04 Sep 2013 • 1 review • 0 follower

Lovely!

I popped down to grin affair today after reading about it on a few blogs. It has always been on my "to try" list.

This "hole in a wall" shop nestled in the quiet neighborhood of Everton Park should not be missed. The cakes are served in little jars which can fit the palm of your hand. I tried the caramel and cookies & creme flavor, and I was... Sold. I especially liked the caramel flavor which was topped with crunchy nuts. As I dug my spoon further deeper, I was greeted with the salty sweet caramel which complimented the vanilla sponge cake beneath. The light mousse finished the cake well.

I would go back to try the other flavors like the honey lavender
17 Jul 2013 • 1 review • 0 follower

Disappointment

2nd time trying their "no longer so unique" jar-cakes 2 weeks ago.

Personally feel that it's not worth the trip to go down all to this hard to access location just to find out what's available. Standards and service has also dropped as compared to the previous visits.

Would not be going back again any time soon. There are so much similar concept cakes which taste so much better with responsive owners.