Summary

Lychee and passionfruit with sea salt pistachio, Strawberry Custard, matcha and adzuki bean, salted caramel jar cake View all
Take Away, Hidden Find, High Tea, Quiet View all

Must try salted caramel

salted caramel is a must try. super yummy and addictive. remember to make sure its no longer frozen before eating because i tried the frozen one and was disappointed

Most helpful reviews for Grin Affair

customer service?

When I was at Grin Affair one late afternoon, when I witnessed a family group coming in at around 5.55pm but when they wanted to place their order using their Groupon voucher, the staff told them that the voucher can only be redeemed before 6pm and the time is already 6.02pm.

The elderly lady who had the voucher looked aghast and the group left in disappointment. Maybe there's some detais in the interaction that I didn't witness but if the cafe where to refuse the groupon redemption due to the timing techicality, then I think they are missing the point. Mmmm, I thought groupon deals are meant to draw new customers to the cafe in the hope that some of them will like it enough to return and increase the customer base in the process? Furthermore, the cafe is only 20% full at that time.

The jar cake and waffle I tried were OK, durian ice-cream was great but the pricing is a bit steep for its location. Also, I am not likely to return to a place that treats customers in this manner.

Will always be back!

Popped by today after hearing about it online! I recommend to take Exit H/G from Outram MRT to reach there. The place is really quite small though, so takeaway is best! The person serving me was patient and helped recommend me what flavor to purchase. As for the jar cake itself, the flavor was really great - delicate balance of tartness and sweetness, just enough lightness and a good fluffy texture of the cake coupled with the smooth slightly creamy mousse. Will frequent here again to takeaway for family and friends! It can be a great surprise treat for a loved one too!

Lovely!

I popped down to grin affair today after reading about it on a few blogs. It has always been on my "to try" list.

This "hole in a wall" shop nestled in the quiet neighborhood of Everton Park should not be missed. The cakes are served in little jars which can fit the palm of your hand. I tried the caramel and cookies & creme flavor, and I was... Sold. I especially liked the caramel flavor which was topped with crunchy nuts. As I dug my spoon further deeper, I was greeted with the salty sweet caramel which complimented the vanilla sponge cake beneath. The light mousse finished the cake well.

I would go back to try the other flavors like the honey lavender

Disappointment

2nd time trying their "no longer so unique" jar-cakes 2 weeks ago.

Personally feel that it's not worth the trip to go down all to this hard to access location just to find out what's available. Standards and service has also dropped as compared to the previous visits.

Would not be going back again any time soon. There are so much similar concept cakes which taste so much better with responsive owners.