Have You Eaten has closed.

Review for (Closed) Have You Eaten (Yio Chu Kang)

2.8

AsianEuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 1G Yio Chu Kang Road, 545513
09 Dec 2010
Overall

people found this review useful Was it useful to you?Yes

More reviews of Have You Eaten

Overall

Quality Food with quality service, a quiet place and must try

Went to this place with my cousins and my nephew. The moment I stepped into the place, I was quite amazed at the small size of the cafe. I was ushered to the 2nd story where the kitchen is interestingly located.

The furnishing in the cafe is rather simple, with simple decorations. There isn't a very strong smell like other air-conditioned cafe would have. The air was pretty fresh.

I ordered a Wok Fried Pork Loin with Sausages with Angel Hair side and cream corn. I was quite surprised that this place serves angel hair pasta as side as you can know, it can be quite expensive. My cousin ordered Mix Grill Platter and fish, and my nephew had steak.

The food was served rather quickly. We didnt have to wait for a very long time. The serving size is quite satisfying for someone big like me. Had a taste of the pork loin, it was tender and juicy. The sauce with accompanied it was really tasty. I took a small piece of steak from my nephew, the steak was medium. The center of the steak was really pink but there was no blood oosing out of the meat: Proof that the meat was really cooked to medium. The beef was really really tender. I could taste the spices used on the steak and I could taste the sweet taste beef should have. I tried a small piece of lamb chop from the mixed grill platter from my cousin. The lamb chop was marinated really well. There wasnt a strong gamey taste of lamb in the meat. The meat was well cooked but was still very tender. The fish they served was fresh and fried to perfection. A special mention is the angel hair side and sweet corn. The angel hair side is sweet and tangy at the same time. It is served cold with a tomato dressing, something refreshing for the palette especially if eaten with meat. The cream corn is like corn soup, except they have corn kernels instead of finely puree the whole mixture. It is sweet from both the cream and corn used, a must try for anyone who visits the cafe.

Overall, I liked the ambience quite alright as I love these small eateries as compared to large and well established restaurants in shopping centres. I would recommend this place for gathering over lunch or dinner. There isnt a large crowd on weekdays and hence, a coffee after the meal, accompanied with conversation with friends can be really a treat for busy singaporeans like us.

Also, this place offers delivery service for places within 7 km vicinity of the cafe.

Review/Comment

Hi,

I just wanna share the following information:-

We (my sister's family & mine) visited your cafe on 15th Jan 2012, Saturday and we ordered a few dishes including Chicken Wings (Receipt No.: 00017128).

When my niece ate half way and found out that the wing wasn't really well cooked and we inform the waitress about it. The waitress took the wings back to the kitchen and came back a few minutes later with exactly the same wings she had ate half way.

I asked the waitress did the cafe uses a deep fryer to fry the wings and she answered YES. I asked her: "Don't you think that it is not very hygiene to uses the same fryer to fry other wings and serve it to other customers?" The waitress went back to the kitchen to check with the chef and came back with the answer: “My chef says, the oil temperature is very high and it is high enough to kill all the bacteria and germs, so it is very hygiene, don’t worry.”

This will be my first and last visit to your café with such things happening.

Worst Dining Experience

Dear Friends:

This cafe is more like a Coffee Shop settings on the ground level. Much better cafe environment upstairs. The tables below are very cramped together and worse of all, you would be dining right near the Toilet.

So when we call up to reserve for dinner, we insisted on a table upstairs and the waitress agreed. Upon arrival, they (as always) tried to push us to the ground level. We insisted on going upstairs as reserved, and went up and took up a table upstairs.

No one served us, so we took the menu ourselves. After a while, a waiter came and insisted that we go downstairs. We said we reserved upstairs but he insisted and simply refused to take our orders. He replied that the cafe policy is not to take reservations We were like huh!?!?! we actually had a confirmed reservation when we called up earlier. What c*** excuses did he trying to give man!?!?!

One of the worst, even traumatic experiece for our family of four (with two young daughters). We simply walked out of the coffee shop.

And guess what, my friends.... the kitchen is actually located upstairs!!! It is much easier for them to serve patrons seated upstairs. For those patrons seated on the ground level, the poor waitresses would have to carry the dishes down the narrow stairs! What a JOKE in terms of management.

We swear we would NEVER step and even consider this place ever again.

Rgds:

Note: This is not a spam...we normally do not write Reviews but this is over our limit. We thought we just wanna share our experience.

Yummy western food @ Have U Eaten Cafe

- Bacon Aglio Olio.

- Ham n mushroom Aglio Olio.

- Black Pepper Chicken.

- Grilled Fish with Mix Herb Breadcrumb.

- BBQ Pork Ribs.

- Pizza.

- East Meet West Sandwiches.

- Lychee Cream Brulee.

- Mango & Q-ball with ice cream.

Above mentioned are my all time favourite. It really worth to try.

Check it out in the facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=19e7c24349addc88acd295d2130c63ee&#!/pages/Have-U-Eaten/188550327863

Have U Eaten Cafe

We use to be at coffee shop stall @ Bencoolen ,Amk and Bukit Batok since 5years ago and finally we move to a Cafe at 1G yio chu kang road, No Gst & Service Charge. U will be surprise. Cheerss

Tel: 6286 2005/ 6286 0811