Paradise Dynasty (ION Orchard) (乐天皇朝)

Summary

xiao long bao, la mian, Signature 8-Flavoured Xiao Long Bao, truffle xiao long bao, foie gras xiao long bao, banana dessert puffs, cold dishes, "Crispy spiced chicken", Carrot Pastry, La Mian with Sliced Pork in Signature Pork Bone Soup, Original and cheese Xiao Long Bao, Pork dumplings with hot chilli sauce FTW!, Signature Dynasty Dumplings, Sliced Pork La Mian in Pork Bone Soup, Souffle Egg White filled with red bean paste and banana, XIAO LONG BAO Dumpling in chili sauce (红油抄手) 酒酿丸子with桂花, aloe vera, gao li dou sha, mala xiao long bao, pumpkin pancake, seafood ramen, the pork bone soup View all
Dinner, Lunch, Children/Family, Vibrant/Noisy, After Work, Large Groups/Gathering, High Tea, Brunch, Girls Night Out, Business Dining, Chillout, Quiet, View/Scenery, Boys Night Out, Private Dining, Romance/First Dates, Ala Carte, Corporate Events, Hidden Find, Supper View all

Worth trying.

I try this restaurant twice in a week bringing different group of my friends go.. We all really enjoy it. The waiter/waitress over there they are friendly and when we enter into the restaurant they show their wide smiles and greets to welcome us. It surprise me that when we enter in the restaurant, you will saw a BIG fish tank whereby the chefs are all inside cooking, making the xiaolongbao and perform the la mian for us. You also will see the tea master pouring tea for you.

As for the food there I like the most is the signature dishes of 8 different kinds of xiaolongbao, the side dishes there and so do the dessert as well. Whenever I think of it OMG!! OMG!! YUMMY!! The tastes of the xiaolongbao is realli unique and unforgettable.

The ambience there you might feel expensive but the prices of the food is AFFORDABLE. =] How should i say? The food there really worth the MONEY. You guys should really go and try it.

Most helpful reviews for Paradise Dynasty (ION Orchard)

super delicious

Is super nice.Really
Please order the ramen
I have tried the za jiang mian and chicken boiled soup ramen.
I rate itnear perfect

Xiao long bao is niceSHINY SKIN
SOUP INSIDE not salty.meat inside heavenly

Service is decent
Refill tea fast
Haha
Will try more
Outlet is causeway point

Chinese cuisine at reasonable prices

Paradise dynasty is quite a popular Chinese restaurant, under the Paradise Group. It serves common Shanghainese cuisine such at Xiao Long Bao and La Mian.   We went to the branch at Ion, reached there at about 6pm and they were already giving out queue numbers. I walked around for a while and came back to realize that I've missed my number, so we had to wait for a while more. The interior looks pretty posh for a restaurant that offer reasonable food prices. The decorations were very suited to the name of the restaurant - the royal, majestic feel. Seating capacity was very large, with both indoor and outdoor seats for you to choose from.   Of course, we ought to order the famous Rainbow Xiao Long Bao - Original, Ginseng, Foie Gras, Black Truffles, Szechuan, Cheese, Garlic, Crab Roe. I personally think the original one is still the best. If I were to choose one among the 'special' flavours, it would be crab roe. I like anything that has the seafood, fishy taste. Garlic flavour was really overpowering. Szechuan was the worst flavour.   La Mian in Pork Bone Soup with Sliced Pork Belly. Though I prefer japanese ramen, this is quite good for a chinese la mian! The soup is quite flavourful and you could taste that there were some good ingredients used to brew it.  The pork belly is great as well! Well-cooked, flavourful, good texture   Zha Jiang Mian was not too bad. Definitely better than Crystal Jade's one though.   This place is great for a quick restaurant dinner, family fare etc.. Or some chinese dian xin or xiao chi, at reasonable prices! Service was prompt even though it was thoroughly packed (the queue outside is never ending).

For more pictures do visit: http://drunkene.blogspot.sg/2013/01/paradise-dynasty-last-tycoon.html

In Paradise there are no queues.

But there are loads of queues in Paradise Dynasty (even on Monday at 7pm)- you queue to get your queue number, then queue for a table (we waited 25min), and lastly you queue to pay (see photo). The queuing is not conducive to having a good meal. Some version of the xiao long pau are good but I wouldn't come back because of the queues.

No food is worth queuing up for, especially since they do not allow reservations.

Ambience: It's a Chinese themed decorated place but the uniform of the waiter and waitresses are more typical of the tribes from Inner Mongolia, even the men wore skirts! It's comfortable with bench chairs (where I sat) and tables. There were tables outside but it was a very warm day today for outside seating. The overall ambience was spoilt by the queues - Paradise Dynasty just has no idea on dining queue management - they have a queue number indicator just like in the nearby Clementi polyclinic that goes ding dong when the queue jumps - not in keeping with the identity of a classy restaurant. Put out some chairs along the corridor leading to the dining area for patrons to sit lah!! Instead of letting them mill around the airwell outside the restaurant like in a hawker center.

Food: We got to sit down after 25mins and immediately placed our order as we had decided what we wanted to order. Fortunately, the food came very quickly (I think it's because they are trying to do 10 turns for the table for dinner). We ordered the colourful mix of xiao long pau, one tray each of the truffles, foie gras and the ordinary ones. Let me start with the ordinary ones - they were tasty but I found it overly sweet - perhaps with sugar or MSG. Not enough pork in each of the dumplings. We enjoyed the foie gras, truffles and garlic versions of the dumplings. The truffle filled dumplings had only a slight taste of truffles - so I guess it was downplayed because it's a Chinese dish, not Italian !! I liked the foie gras version and you could taste the rich oil from the goose liver.

Value: $19.80 for the truffles and foie gras, each for 10 pieces. Not low priced. If I do return, I would only order the foie gras version, or should I just eat a piece of foie gras?

Service: Poor for a high class restaurant, glum queue number taker, no queue management, nor seats for patrons (they have a long lovely corridor which is ideal for patrons-in-waiting. The last queue was the worst - queue to pay money through only ONE - 1 cashier who was so busy that I don't think she has time to go to the toilet for a break. Get one more cashier !! Waiters were too busy to help you top up your tea, just understaffed.

Nice Dinner @ Paradise Dynasty Ion Orchard on 28Apr2016

See my full reviews & photos at = https://chefquak.com/2016/04/29/nice-dinner-paradise-dynasty-ion-orchard-on-28apr2016/

went with friends to watch captain america – civil war at shaw lido yesterday. after the movie we adjourned to paradise dynasty at level 4 ion orchard for dinner on 28.4.2016. ^^.

we asked the price of the peanut & chestnut starter. it was just S$2.50 so we took it. it was really good, there were lots of chestnuts.

the place was well patronised but not yet full at 8pm.

paradise dynasty was having 30% discounts on 5 dishes.

the service by the chinese server was very good. it was difficult for us to identify the 5 dishes as they appear in totally different parts of the ordering chit. she took us through, explained the dishes & ordered for us.

we started with 2trays x 6 xiaolongbao 小笼包. so 3 pieces each for 4pax.

xiaolongbao 小笼包 was good. the soup inside was very tasty. however dough skin at top slightly thicker, also the meat filling not as tasty.

overall not as good as crystal jade lamian xiaolongbao.

later we greedy lot added another 2 trays, so in total each of us took 6 pieces. haha!

drunken chicken was good too.

chicken was tender. presentation was good. the 绍兴酒fragrance very good.

(for comparison see the photo for peach garden miramar, tasted good looked odd).

the minced pork soup 狮子头 quite a ok soup.

soup below S$7 after discount so ok.

but really pales in comparison with a good lie tong 例汤say at tunglok signature orchard parade.

the omelette 赛螃蟹 quite a meaningless dish for me, forgettable & it’s not cheap for egg whites with supposedly conpoy in it.

the romaine lettuce油麦菜 was quite misleading. it looked like a very tiny serving so i thought it was expensive at S$10 (this dish no discounts).

actually it was quite a decent helping, so not really more ex say c/w kok sen, a zi char stall.

the fried rice was pretty good too. reasonably tasty & a good helping for 4pax.

not the best of course.

no comparison with crystal jade lamian xiaolongbao’s spicy seafood fried rice.

we ordered a fried ramen. i guess we could eat a lot if we want too.

it was ok, but really no different from any breakfast fried noodles or the hong kong style street sweet soy sauce noodles.

dinner came to S$108nett for 4pax.

a friend has his birthday next week so we bought him dinner. ^^

very enjoyable movie & a great dinner chat & time together with good friends.

price wise, if we kept to the 5 items with discount which was quite enough for 4pax, price would be S$70nett, so very reasonabe for the food.

we added of course the veg, the noodles & 2 more xiaolongbao.

Always Amazing; Never Dissapoints

View the full menu with prices here: http://chewingyum.com/2015/11/18/paradise-dynasty/

I always enjoy my visits to Paradise Dynasty. Their xiao long paos are really super awesome, and always make me smile. Their la mian is really amazing as well. Every time I bring friends there we end up having an amazing meal. The service is great too. One of my all time favourite places to have nice Chinese food, and its also not too expensive! Great place, check it out!