Reviews for Imperial Treasure La Mian Xiao Long Bao

3.4

AsianCantoneseChineseSichuan

Excellent Service And Great Food

Full Zi Char - Imperial Treasure Group (La Mian Xiao Long Bao) review here

Part of the Imperial Treasure Group, La Mian Xiao Long Bao is an offshoot branch that specialises in La Mian, Xiao Long Bao and dim sum wanton dumplings, but also serves typical Chinese Zi Char dishes. As a fine dining restaurant, Imperial Treasure Group (La Mian Xiao Long Bao) hold itself to high standards, consistently winning awards or placing among the top / best restaurants in Singapore.

Service at Imperial Treasure Group (La Mian Xiao Long Bao) is excellent. Befitting a Chinese Zi Char restaurant of this standard, staff are well trained, knowledgable about the menu, able to provide recommendations, polite, observant and efficient. The drawback; some of them are unable to converse in English, though all staff do have at least a basic understanding of the language. So while you can speak to them in English and they understand, some staff (not all) can only reply in Mandarin Chinese.

The Sauteed Egg White With Fish Meat And Conpoy is a beautiful and light eggy dish, with strands of fish and scallop, given a sharp tang with dash of vinegar. Consistency is somewhere between a soup / broth and a thin gravy.

The Lamian With Five Spice Marinated Beef features the signature hand crafted and pulled La Mian, which are both thick and soft at the same time, though it tended to clump together slightly. The beef was thinly sliced but well seasoned and flavourful, though I felt they could have provided slightly more slices of beef.

The house signature Xiao Long Bao Shanghai Steamed Pork Dumpling features hand crafted skin that is thick enough, yet yields easily with a bite. The broth within is rich and meaty in taste, and the meat is well packed and flavourful. Excellent, really one of the best Xiao Long Bao Shanghai Steamed Pork Dumpling I've had in Singapore!
• 28 Jun 2015 • 17 reviews • 0 follower

Extremely RUDE staff and BAD service (Raffles City Shopping Centre Branch)

Overall
Actually, I went to the Raffles City Shopping Centre Branch but there was not link to that Branch at HungryGoWhere.

Extremely RUDE staff and BAD service. We made a reservation the day before for 12:00 noon and reached the restaurant earlier at 11:30am. We are not unreasonable people and we waited patiently for 30 minutes until 12pm. In this 30 minutes, the restaurant manager entertained several groups of customers that had the same number of people as us. These groups were all with queue numbers and did not make any reservations. We asked if he could serve us first and if we need to get the queue number instead, but he said no because we have a reservation at 12pm. Only after waiting until 12pm and after several groups with queue numbers had gone into the restaurant, did he ask us to go in. I asked him politely for an explanation and his reason was because he wanted to get us a sofa seat. But from my observation, clearly the groups before us with queue numbers were also given sofa seats.

To be honest, is this even logical and does this even make sense??? I politely asked the manager if it is ok if i get a queue number and join the queue instead of waiting for the reservation at 12 because it seems to be faster that way but he insisted to keep me waiting. I understand that the F&B environment can be very demanding and stressful but please also kindly attend to the queries of your customers. We are not that demanding. We just hope the people who serve us can have a bit more common sense and handle things logically.

I'm deeply disappointed in the services that were provided to me at this particular outlet. After reading the reviews in the other outlets for the Imperial Treasure Group, I'm adamant that such simple service in-competencies did not happpen to only me alone. I'm quite disappointed as I thought the food at Imperial Treasure was good but I don't think I will patronize your outlets again if this sort of service continues.
• 04 May 2013 • 381 reviews • 55 followers

Excellent Service And Great Food

Full Zi Char - Imperial Treasure Group (La Mian Xiao Long Bao) review here

• Sauteed Egg White With Fish Meat And Conpoy
• 27 Oct 2012 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Nice Xiao Long Bao at Sentosa Casino

Overall
Nice Xiao Long Bao - Thin Skin and super hot - my favourite. One of the best Xio Long Bao I ever hadLa Mian was excellent - noodles was nicely cooked and the soup was delicious. Not so much MSG taste - at least I did not had the MSG allergy after having the la mian. Service was excellentWill go back again for the Xiao Long Bao...