Reviews for Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant (ION Orchard)

2.2

AsianCantoneseChineseSichuanSteamboat

Great soup base. Reasonable service.

I'm making a direct comparison against it's close competitor Hai Di Lao (Clarke Quay).

- Soup base wise, Imperial wins comparatively.
- Ambience is good for big group dining, as you definitely get some privacy with the semi/full partition layout of the restaurant.
- Food quality similar to HDL. Each have their strengths.
- Service. HDL wins easily but this Imperial outlet is not too bad in this department either.
- Pricing. HDL is comparatively lower per head.

Still worth a go for the good soup and ambience. I'll visit the Triple One branch soon, and check out the consistency haha!
• 28 Jun 2015 • 17 reviews • 0 follower

Extremely RUDE staff and BAD service (Raffles City Shopping Centre Branch)

Overall
Actually, I went to the Raffles City Shopping Centre Branch but there was not link to that Branch at HungryGoWhere.

Extremely RUDE staff and BAD service. We made a reservation the day before for 12:00 noon and reached the restaurant earlier at 11:30am. We are not unreasonable people and we waited patiently for 30 minutes until 12pm. In this 30 minutes, the restaurant manager entertained several groups of customers that had the same number of people as us. These groups were all with queue numbers and did not make any reservations. We asked if he could serve us first and if we need to get the queue number instead, but he said no because we have a reservation at 12pm. Only after waiting until 12pm and after several groups with queue numbers had gone into the restaurant, did he ask us to go in. I asked him politely for an explanation and his reason was because he wanted to get us a sofa seat. But from my observation, clearly the groups before us with queue numbers were also given sofa seats.

To be honest, is this even logical and does this even make sense??? I politely asked the manager if it is ok if i get a queue number and join the queue instead of waiting for the reservation at 12 because it seems to be faster that way but he insisted to keep me waiting. I understand that the F&B environment can be very demanding and stressful but please also kindly attend to the queries of your customers. We are not that demanding. We just hope the people who serve us can have a bit more common sense and handle things logically.

I'm deeply disappointed in the services that were provided to me at this particular outlet. After reading the reviews in the other outlets for the Imperial Treasure Group, I'm adamant that such simple service in-competencies did not happpen to only me alone. I'm quite disappointed as I thought the food at Imperial Treasure was good but I don't think I will patronize your outlets again if this sort of service continues.
• 31 Dec 2014 • 14 reviews • 0 follower

Great soup base. Reasonable service.

Overall

- Soup base wise, Imperial wins comparatively.
- Food quality similar to HDL. Each have their strengths.
- Pricing. HDL is comparatively lower per head.

• 11 Aug 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

The service was really horrible.

Overall
Summary: THE WORST SERVICE QUALITY EVER! McDonalds has better service quality than here!

I visited Imperial Treasure Steamboat on 10th Aug 2014 around 2:30pm
They told us they are going to close at 3:30pm and we thought 1 hour should be enough. I didn't know that was the exact starting point of the disaster.

1. Slow service
We ordered their set menu and chose pork and beef. those two meat dishes were not ready even when we finished almost everything else.
I thought something was wrong and checked with their service staff and they brought it after like, 5 minutes.
Those are just sliced meat prepared in advance, ready to serve. I don't understand why it took such a long time to get our meat and it totally ruined our lunch.

2. Staffs are not attentive and distracting
Since we were sitting at the corner seat, I had to call them 5 times every time when I wanted something. And they totally ignore you when you call them.
Overall, Service was really the worst for my 3 years experience. I think Mcdonalds has better service standards than here.

3. Preparing for the Dinner Time
Probably their staff are busy due to short-handed situation. However, they were keener to prepare for the dishes and table settings than giving us proper level of service. Everybody was just focusing on putting plates and chopsticks and spoons on other tables and they were also keen to take away our set of sauce and sesame oil.

4. Taking-away your food
Even before you finish the dish, they just take away your dish with some food left, without even checking or asking to you.
So be careful, if you don't leave much food on the plate, they will just take it away from you!

5. Food Quality
Soup base is just okay. Ingredients are not that good.
Overall, not impressive at all.

I am really disappointed from their level of service quality, their lack of professionalism and everything they presented as a restaurant.
Any other Hot Pot or Steamboat place is better than here. I seriously don't recommend here to anyone.

If you want to try better hotpots, please choose anywhere but here.