Reviews for Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant (ION Orchard)

2.4

AsianCantoneseChineseSichuanSteamboat
Tang Ethan

Great soup base. Reasonable service.

I'm making a direct comparison against it's close competitor Hai Di Lao (Clarke Quay).

- Soup base wise, Imperial wins comparatively.
- Ambience is good for big group dining, as you definitely get some privacy with the semi/full partition layout of the restaurant.
- Food quality similar to HDL. Each have their strengths.
- Service. HDL wins easily but this Imperial outlet is not too bad in this department either.
- Pricing. HDL is comparatively lower per head.

Still worth a go for the good soup and ambience. I'll visit the Triple One branch soon, and check out the consistency haha!
31 Dec 2014 • 14 reviews • 0 follower

Great soup base. Reasonable service.

Overall

- Soup base wise, Imperial wins comparatively.
- Food quality similar to HDL. Each have their strengths.
- Pricing. HDL is comparatively lower per head.

11 Aug 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

The service was really horrible.

Overall
Summary: THE WORST SERVICE QUALITY EVER! McDonalds has better service quality than here!

I visited Imperial Treasure Steamboat on 10th Aug 2014 around 2:30pm
They told us they are going to close at 3:30pm and we thought 1 hour should be enough. I didn't know that was the exact starting point of the disaster.

1. Slow service
We ordered their set menu and chose pork and beef. those two meat dishes were not ready even when we finished almost everything else.
I thought something was wrong and checked with their service staff and they brought it after like, 5 minutes.
Those are just sliced meat prepared in advance, ready to serve. I don't understand why it took such a long time to get our meat and it totally ruined our lunch.

2. Staffs are not attentive and distracting
Since we were sitting at the corner seat, I had to call them 5 times every time when I wanted something. And they totally ignore you when you call them.
Overall, Service was really the worst for my 3 years experience. I think Mcdonalds has better service standards than here.

3. Preparing for the Dinner Time
Probably their staff are busy due to short-handed situation. However, they were keener to prepare for the dishes and table settings than giving us proper level of service. Everybody was just focusing on putting plates and chopsticks and spoons on other tables and they were also keen to take away our set of sauce and sesame oil.

4. Taking-away your food
Even before you finish the dish, they just take away your dish with some food left, without even checking or asking to you.
So be careful, if you don't leave much food on the plate, they will just take it away from you!

5. Food Quality
Soup base is just okay. Ingredients are not that good.
Overall, not impressive at all.

I am really disappointed from their level of service quality, their lack of professionalism and everything they presented as a restaurant.
Any other Hot Pot or Steamboat place is better than here. I seriously don't recommend here to anyone.

If you want to try better hotpots, please choose anywhere but here.
12 Jul 2014 • 316 reviews • 86 followers

One will never forget about tomato soup steamboat

Overall
Not a single change that they allowed me just to walk in.  Perhaps, one and only chance, without any booking.  As the time passes, they are getting more customer to patron their eatery. And if I have craving for their steamboat, I needs to book in advance.  At that time, I don't know any other place have any tomato soup base.  Even there is, it's not an easy to have savoury in not over sweeten tomato.  This eatery place really makes it just nice, after put other raw food, the essence of this soup was splendid. That I am always the last one ended up drinking it.  Kind of wasting such a delicious soup if not drinking to finish it.

They do have private rooms available with the minimum spending coverage.  I had the thinking that I am in Shanghai, as their deco and setting are quite posh.

Similar Listings