kaya toast
 • 09 Feb 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I visited Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant at Ion on 8 Feb around 9:20pm. I asked the staff what time they close, to which she said 10:30pm. So I said ok estimating that 1 hour was enough. I was seated by another staff (Staff B). And when Staff B left my table to their working counter, I saw and heard clearly a 3rd staff (I later found out her name is Ivy) scold Staff B quite loudly in Mandarin: "We're closing at 10:30! Why did you let her in?!" to which Staff B defensively said "It wasn't me who let her in." Staff B hurriedly came to me and said they're closing at 10:30pm, do I have enough time. I said ok. After she left me, Ivy also came over and warningly said they're closing at 10:30pm so I better order fast. By this time, I was rather annoyed and told her Yes I know, i was waiting for my spouse to arrive; which he did less than 5 min. later.
We ordered immediately by 9:30pm. The food came promptly but we waited 15 min for the soup to get ready, which frankly, is quite long for steamboat.
We managed to finish and was preparing to leave by 10:30pm. The restaurant was still at least a quarter full, with customers in neighbouring tables still chatting. So I don't understand why Ivy came over AGAIN to remind us they're closing. Only us and not the neighbouring tables. It's like she decided it was her personal mission to prove a point to Staff B using us as an example on how to drive out customers on time. We said ok, we're almost done. Within a couple of minutes, she came again and switched off the soup heater and removed the pot. This time, I couldn't help but point out the neighbouring tables were still eating so why is she so concerned with my table getting out on time? She just glared at me and walked off with the pot.
We went to this restaurant for a special occasion and the experience with Ivy totally ruined our night. And yes, when we left; or in my opinion got chased out at 10:30pm, the neighbouring table was still eating.
Food wise, we found the quality more or less acceptable although a little on the pricey side. So if you are a masochist who enjoys paying a high price for bad service, by all means visit this restaurant and don't forget to request to be served by Ivy.

FoodiePink
 • 23 Jan 2014 103 reviews 1 follower
Overall
For a full run-down of my dining experience, please visit:

Enjoy :)

Vaylon
 • 02 Jan 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
It was my second visit. The food and ambience are really worth the visit. The waitress serving the tables were polite and friendly. However, the attitude from the supervisor and manager will make me think twice to visit again.

On my second visit, my friends and I were signalling to the lady at the counter (seems to be the supervisor) on the numbers of people. But she was busy making phone call and told us to wait. The manger walked out from behind and he just smiled at us and walked away, despite I were telling him the numbers of people.

The same lady was inpatient when taking order and she was pushing sales instead of sharing the difference. It was only after we ordered, another waitress was sharing with us that the fish is fresh and that we should not choose "Soon Huat", as there are many small bones, and we should consider king grouper. I told her we just placed our order. It was too late to change our order.

I so wish that this lady was the one who takes the order. The people who are serving are different from those who take order. Probably our attires were humble thus the services from the supervisor and manager were not that excellent?

Must tries: White Eel Slice