• 12 Jul 2014 313 reviews 86 followers
Overall
Not a single change that they allowed me just to walk in.  Perhaps, one and only chance, without any booking.  As the time passes, they are getting more customer to patron their eatery. And if I have craving for their steamboat, I needs to book in advance.  At that time, I don't know any other place have any tomato soup base.  Even there is, it's not an easy to have savoury in not over sweeten tomato.  This eatery place really makes it just nice, after put other raw food, the essence of this soup was splendid. That I am always the last one ended up drinking it.  Kind of wasting such a delicious soup if not drinking to finish it.

They do have private rooms available with the minimum spending coverage.  I had the thinking that I am in Shanghai, as their deco and setting are quite posh.

kaya toast
 • 09 Feb 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I visited Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant at Ion on 8 Feb around 9:20pm. I asked the staff what time they close, to which she said 10:30pm. So I said ok estimating that 1 hour was enough. I was seated by another staff (Staff B). And when Staff B left my table to their working counter, I saw and heard clearly a 3rd staff (I later found out her name is Ivy) scold Staff B quite loudly in Mandarin: "We're closing at 10:30! Why did you let her in?!" to which Staff B defensively said "It wasn't me who let her in." Staff B hurriedly came to me and said they're closing at 10:30pm, do I have enough time. I said ok. After she left me, Ivy also came over and warningly said they're closing at 10:30pm so I better order fast. By this time, I was rather annoyed and told her Yes I know, i was waiting for my spouse to arrive; which he did less than 5 min. later.
We ordered immediately by 9:30pm. The food came promptly but we waited 15 min for the soup to get ready, which frankly, is quite long for steamboat.
We managed to finish and was preparing to leave by 10:30pm. The restaurant was still at least a quarter full, with customers in neighbouring tables still chatting. So I don't understand why Ivy came over AGAIN to remind us they're closing. Only us and not the neighbouring tables. It's like she decided it was her personal mission to prove a point to Staff B using us as an example on how to drive out customers on time. We said ok, we're almost done. Within a couple of minutes, she came again and switched off the soup heater and removed the pot. This time, I couldn't help but point out the neighbouring tables were still eating so why is she so concerned with my table getting out on time? She just glared at me and walked off with the pot.
We went to this restaurant for a special occasion and the experience with Ivy totally ruined our night. And yes, when we left; or in my opinion got chased out at 10:30pm, the neighbouring table was still eating.
Food wise, we found the quality more or less acceptable although a little on the pricey side. So if you are a masochist who enjoys paying a high price for bad service, by all means visit this restaurant and don't forget to request to be served by Ivy.

FoodiePink
 • 23 Jan 2014 114 reviews 1 follower
Overall
For a full run-down of my dining experience, please visit:

Enjoy :)