fatpig
 • 15 Nov 2013 472 reviews 68 followers
Overall
It is with much trepidation that I have decided to blog about my favourite eatery in town - Imperial Treasure Windows of Hong Kong or ITWHK for short. But it's probably already an open secret, judging by the ever increasing crowd size everytime I drop by for dinner. I'm still delusional though and am crossing my fingers that the crowds don't continue growing.

Nestled on the ground floor of TripleOneSomerset (former PUB building) in between the Imperail Treasure Bakery and the Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant (which isn't that great in my humble opinion), ITWHK offers an open, rather expansive seating area that doesn't feel cluttered or claustrophobic. Think al fresco dining with air conditioning. Really great for a nice quiet dinner on a weekday night (parking is expensive though so watch it). How the place works is this. You order at the counter, take a number tag to your choice of seat and your food will be delivered to you shortly.

奶油猪仔包 - We started off with the 奶油猪仔包, loosely translated as "cream piglet bun" and a perennial favourite of mine whenever I visit Tsui Wah in Hong Kong or Shanghai. This is essentially a toasted bun lathered with butter and condensed milk - sinfully crisp and delicious. Though ITWHK's rendition pales a little in comparison to that of Tsui Wah's, it is definitely worth a try, especially when consumed whilst hot!

Meat Platter - Our meat platter consisted of roast duck, roast pork and BBQ pork. To be honest, they were all very decent. In particular, the BBQ pork stood out - tender meat with bits of chewy fat and a nice, mildly sweet glace. The roast duck had a crisp skin and didn't come across as too gamy whilst the roast pork spotted mildly crackling skin with a good proportion of fats. Only gripe I had was that the duck was a little dry while the roast pork lacked adequate salt and the oomph factor.

滑蛋蝦仁河粉 - I can be quite a sucker for 河粉 so I'm probably biased on this. Rice noodles with a tinge of wok hei drowned in a smooth, not too starchy egg gravy and topped with a generous amount of bean sprouts and reasonably sized, crunchy prawns. Good! There is a slight issue of consistency though as on a subsequent visit, the gravy was a wee bit too starchy for my liking.

Above average food, great environment (to have a peaceful dinner) at wallet friendly prices. What's not to like? Well, maybe the sad reality that the place is going to be more crowded in the near future.

Eng Hai Goh
 • 03 Aug 2012 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Finally get to dine in this steamboat outlet after reading so much of this atas outlet. Staff was courteous and professional and service was prompt. Ordered the set and top up with several other items from the a-la-carte menu. The live grouper was fresh and the beef cut was good.

The only over-rated (and recommended by the staff) was the ??? consisting of the fish, shimp, cuttlefish and can't remembered the last flavour. Won't say its bad but these ? are always the pride of these steamboat outlet as these are hand-make from their kitchen with their own receipts. The shortfall was make-up by our second order of the ???, it was fantastic!

Their in-house sauce (which we will comparing with the HK-Style steamboat sauce) blend in very well with the pork-bone soup base. Even the vinegar are top-grade kind which the aroma can be scented at arm length.

The other big surprise is the in-house brewed ??? really home-style instead of those so-claimed self-brewed-but-used-premix kind.

Bill came close to the $300 for a 4-pax which the live grouper eaten up a good $70+.

This pleasant first-visit experience will guarantee my returning visit.

Keep up the good food and service but please improve on those balls ~

Dinner, After Work, Quiet

Little Dot
 • 10 May 2012 3 reviews 12 followers
Overall
I was looking for a snack late afternoon when I came across this new imperial treasure outlet . I did not expect it to be a fast food style and waited to be seated. A china lady was sewing by the cashier counter and did not even look up. I told her seat for one and she crudely replied " u can sit anywhere "

This is the first fast food that imperial treasure has set up and should train staff to "orientate" customers to their order and delivery system, I would be able to figure out what to do if there were to be a queue but there was no one else , the staff have all the time to just instruct me what to do.

The peanut butter toast I ordered was pleasant but the peanut butter was dry, coffee was serve in a reasonably big plastic cup.