Reviews for Itacho Sushi (Bugis Junction)

AsianJapanese
StFood

Food good, Service Bad!

Always visit Itacho because of the good food, but staff do not pay attention to customers and are impolite. Particularly my latest visit, despite empty seats tables, and empty seats at the sides, waitress placed us all squashed together at the counter. There wasn't even space for our arms. When I moved to an empty seat beside to leave some space, I was asked to move back to my squashed position by the waitress. I explained I didn't wish to eat so uncomfortably. She insisted I should otherwise she would place someone in between anyways. She did eventually, and we couldn't eat without hitting each others elbows. What made me unhappy was when I went to pay shortly after, I saw at least two empty two seater tables at the front...
26 Nov 2014 • 25 reviews • 0 follower

Service staff was impolite and slow

I am a fan of Itacho Sushi, but their outlet at Bugis Junction is below expectations. The tables were extremely near, as if you are sharing tables in a foodcourt, and the space to move around was limited. The patron sitting beside me had his head hit twice against a waiter's tray and they were amazingly slow when it comes to refilling the tea. Food at Itacho Sushi Bugis Junction were good but not as inspiring as those served at the other outlets so I would strongly recommend anyone to visit their other outlets if you intend to visit Itacho Sushi.

Read full review with pictures here:
22 Aug 2014 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Food good, Service Bad!

29 May 2014 • 20 reviews • 0 follower

Itacho Sushi (Bugis Junction): two and a half out of three ain't bad...

For full review with photos, please visit http://freshffm.blogspot.sg/2014/05/itacho-sushi-bugis-junction-two-and.html

Fatty Tuna with Spring Onion Roll ($6.50)

First off, there is a lack of balance in its flavor, in that the tuna used was inconsistent and some of the rolls had an overwhelming taste of seaweed.  The rice was cold, again disrupting the delicate balance of the dish.  Lastly, there was a clear lack of physical strength put into rolling the sushi, resulting in a brittle structure that easily falls apart.  The tiny air pockets trapped between rice grains also affect the overall taste slightly.

With that said, the Sushi does score on many other factors, all of which remained consistent with the other dishes I ordered.  The rice used was of good quality (which is precisely why it shouldn't be served cold to demean its taste).  It had just the right amount of stickiness, chewiness and fragrance. it was also seasoned well by the chef(s) to have just the right mix of vinegar, salt and sugar, resulting in the subtle but sophisticated style of smooth, ever-so-slightly sour-sweetness that any properly done sushi rice should have.  The Tuna was also of good quality, with a robust, fatty taste that melts in your mouth and leaves a delicate lingering aftertaste in your mouth.