Review for Itacho Sushi (Bugis Junction)

2.4

AsianJapanese
Address: #B1-05, Bugis Junction, 200 Victoria Street, 188021
01 Mar 2014
Overall

Best Sashimi, Value for money.

tacho Sushi has very tasty and fresh sashimi & sushi. Most of their sashimi is skylift from oversea so it price slightly expensive but worth. I have tried their salmon belly sashimi, it is soft, fresh and sweet, this is best sashimi! I have tried another sashimi - Yellow Tail sashimi, it is thickness and fresh. it is taste sweet while i was chewing and I not feel fishy at all.

Beside that, their salmon belly sushi and eel spring roll is good. The salmon belly sushi is soft and fresh, eel spring roll is great when both eel and lettuce assorted make perfect double-layers tastle. The other dishes like Curry Lobster Warship, Roasted Salmon with Cod Fish Sushi, Roasted Squid Leg Sushi, Salmon with Soy Sauce Sushi, Roasted Eel Sushi taste good but nothing special, you can get similar taste from other Japanese restaurant.

Their blue fin tuna, it is softy and less sourness. The swordfish is chewing, meat like crispy, has little sweet and quite unique taste.
Salmon Belly, yellow tail, yellow tail sashimi

More reviews of Itacho Sushi

Experience at Itacho

One of the special thing that Itacho sushi offers is their sea urchin sushi. For my first experience with sea urchin, I would say it has a very very strong taste. Once you get used to the taste, you will tend to like it. The service at this restaurant is very prompt. I don’t know if this is true, but the sushi generally does not taste cold but more to room temperature is because they were all freshly kneaded and hand made. I think this is one special thing you guys could go for.

Overall

Poor quality Itacho, hope its not for the other outlets.

Poor quality sushi, definately not japanese grade rice. Rice falls off jus from picking it up. Staff rejects reorder of promotional items without telling us beforehand. AC not working... Sorry itacho (bugis), u jus lost my confidence and i will not cone ahain and will advice my friends too. Hope the other outlets are not the same...

Fuji Set, Tanba Set

For full review, please visit https://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2014/06/09/itacho-sushi-bugis-junction/

Fuji Set ($27.50) – wa-fu salad, deep fried squid, steamed egg with crab, sushi (tuna, salmon, sweet shrimp, squid, shrimp, spring inari & tempura shrimp roll), miso soup & milk pudding

Tanba Set ($30.50) – crab meat salad, deep fried tempura, steamed egg with vegetable, mini rice (curry lobster, lobster salad, sweet shrimp & egg), sashimi (salmon & seabass), creative roll (avocado & soft shell crab, lobster & mango salad), miso soup & milk pudding

Small portions of every little thing.

Overall

Service staff was impolite and slow

I am a fan of Itacho Sushi, but their outlet at Bugis Junction is below expectations. The tables were extremely near, as if you are sharing tables in a foodcourt, and the space to move around was limited. The patron sitting beside me had his head hit twice against a waiter's tray and they were amazingly slow when it comes to refilling the tea. Food at Itacho Sushi Bugis Junction were good but not as inspiring as those served at the other outlets so I would strongly recommend anyone to visit their other outlets if you intend to visit Itacho Sushi.

Read full review with pictures here:

Food good, Service Bad!

Always visit Itacho because of the good food, but staff do not pay attention to customers and are impolite. Particularly my latest visit, despite empty seats tables, and empty seats at the sides, waitress placed us all squashed together at the counter. There wasn't even space for our arms. When I moved to an empty seat beside to leave some space, I was asked to move back to my squashed position by the waitress. I explained I didn't wish to eat so uncomfortably. She insisted I should otherwise she would place someone in between anyways. She did eventually, and we couldn't eat without hitting each others elbows. What made me unhappy was when I went to pay shortly after, I saw at least two empty two seater tables at the front...