Back to Itacho Sushi#03-03/31, Changi Airport Terminal 3, 65 Airport...

P L Ng
 • 13 Apr 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
People use to say, if the business gets too good, the food and services will tend to degrade.

I stood there at the entrance with a lot of empty tables inside, no staff approach me.. worse thing was a waiter passed by just right in front of me as without the intention of stopping as if I was transparent!

ended up I didn't spend there, filled in the feedback form n left.

There are a lot more Japanese food out there, and a lot Itacho out there in town.

I would stay away from this shop forever n ask my friends to stay away too.

Must tries: mustn't eat here at all

Chubby Botak Koala
 • 19 Aug 2013 254 reviews 19 followers
For the complete photos & Chubby Botak Koala experience, click here:

Itacho Sushi is a concept from Hong Kong-based F&B group specialising in Japanese cuisine called Company Taste of Japan Group. Currently this group has 7 dining concepts with more than 100 outlets in Hong Kong, China, Macau, Singapore, Japan and Australia. Currently there are 6 outlets of Itacho Sushi in Singapore and many more to come.

Itacho Sushi is a Japanese dining concept that mainly focus on sushi. You can find both traditional theme and also the modern creative sushi as well, such as roasted sushi and other modern influence creations as well. While sushi is the main theme, do not fret, you can still find other Japanese dishes in their restaurant.

After Little Devil and her BFF had a wonderful dining experience in Itacho Sushi @ Ion Ocrhard, they insisted their hubbies to give this place a try. So we end up in their Changi Airport T3 outlet and we let LD and her BFF in charge of the ordering.

Spicy Salmon & Beancurd Sushi ($1.20 ea). A unique combination of crunchy beancurd on top of the sushi rice with spicy salmon. Nice presentation, the beancurd is crispy however you might not be able to eat the sushi in one bite.

Yellow Tail with Black Truffle Sauce ($2.40 ea) and Fatty Salmon sushi ($1.70 ea). The fresh fatty salmon kind of melts in your mouth, while the black truffle sauce gave the yellow sushi more earthy flavour to the sushi. Even the salmon sushi ($1.20 ea) is just fresh and succulent. Yummyy

Yellow Tail with Sea Salt ($2.40 ea) and Yellow Tail with Citrus Junos Sauce ($2.40 ea). Unlike the black truffle sauce, we find it difficult to detect the sea salt in this sushi. While the citrus junos sauce is very subtle, a definite tasty 'marriage' with the yellow tail.

Supreme Sea Eel ($6.50 ea). What a gorgeous presentation. Generous slab of eel, on top of tiny sushi rice. Basically a must try for eel lover like myself, but it can be a challenge to consume.

Sea Urchin with Rice ($15 ea). A must try for sea urchin lover. It is just you, the sea urchin and rice.
Little Devil loves this and always order it when she has a chance.

Due to the word limitation, please click on the link above for review on Roasted Sushi, Soba and Desserts!!

The decoration for this place is quite simple and zen. Service is average. It took them a while before they take our order or even get their attention when we need something or when we need to place more order, even when the restaurant is no longer crowded.

Overall, Itacho Sushi is a good place to come for your sushi experience. Price varies, starting from as cheap $0.40 up per sushi. Of course expect to pay premium when you want premium cuts. The best part is you will be assured of the fresh ingredients. Final note from LD, she feels that the ION Orchard branch is better than this branch. Cheers!!

Must tries: Fatty Salmon sushi, Yellow Tail with Black Truffle Sauce, Supreme Sea Eel, Roasted fatty salmon sushi,, roasted kagashima wagyu beef, Grilled Pork Sushi, Sea Urchin with Rice

Ala Carte, Business Dining, Children/Family, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Healthy Eating, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Night Out, Relaxed

Ann Ng 879
 • 16 Jul 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Had heard so much on how good it is.. so we decided to give it a try. Food scored 4stars. but Service, teriible! The one who make it so bad was Waitress Carmen, she gave a less than welcoming look & without smile. Waitress Carmen asked if we want to order drinks, i said "ice water" Waitress Carmen gave 5cent look. As if could check on my order cos been for a while, Waitress Carmen no eye contact & ask "which one not here yet" , we told her & she jz walk off.. 5mins later, we ask another more customer-oriented waitress to help checked. She said with a smile " i double check". within 30sec its on my plate. Waitress Carmen scored on ignoring customer request. During check out, Waitress Carmen handle without smile nor eye contact.
Terrible. i thought Changi airport F&B outlets should have higher standards.... disappointing.