Reviews for Itacho Sushi (Terminal 3)

2.8

AsianJapanese
Address: #03-03/31, Changi Airport Terminal 3, 65 Airport Boulevard, 819663
28 Nov 2014

nice steam egg

We  go  to  itacho  sushi  at tampines  mall.  The  ambience  and  food  was  great.  We  order  steam  egg,  sushi,  croquette,  etc with  green  tea  ice  cream.However  the  portion  is  a bit  small.
steam egg with cra, green tea ice cream

More reviews of Itacho Sushi

Overall

Understaffs and bad attitude supervisors

I have to wait 20 mins for a cup of hot green tea. The supervisor and assistant supervisor were chatting at the payment counter and gave me the wrong amount while acting acting blur and insisting they were right and I was wrong. A word of caution beware of the amount you give. They might ripoff you since they were too busy talking.

Poor service

Very bad service at airport branch. First, they refused to let my baby stroller go in, and said the area near entrance is only meant for luggage. So luggage is more important than stroller? luggage can park in that area, stroller has to be let unattended outside? Second, I ordered a teriyaki chicken which should be a common item in any japanese restaurant, but i was shocked to hear that I need to wait for at least 40 minutes!!! Is this a joke? Somemore when they told me this, it was not friendly at all.

I was transparent!

People use to say, if the business gets too good, the food and services will tend to degrade.

I stood there at the entrance with a lot of empty tables inside, no staff approach me.. worse thing was a waiter passed by just right in front of me as without the intention of stopping as if I was transparent!

ended up I didn't spend there, filled in the feedback form n left.

There are a lot more Japanese food out there, and a lot Itacho out there in town.

I would stay away from this shop forever n ask my friends to stay away too.

Itacho Sushi @ Changi Airport – Creative Sushi Restaurant

For the complete photos & Chubby Botak Koala experience, click here:

Itacho Sushi is a concept from Hong Kong-based F&B group specialising in Japanese cuisine called Company Taste of Japan Group. Currently this group has 7 dining concepts with more than 100 outlets in Hong Kong, China, Macau, Singapore, Japan and Australia. Currently there are 6 outlets of Itacho Sushi in Singapore and many more to come.

Itacho Sushi is a Japanese dining concept that mainly focus on sushi. You can find both traditional theme and also the modern creative sushi as well, such as roasted sushi and other modern influence creations as well. While sushi is the main theme, do not fret, you can still find other Japanese dishes in their restaurant.

After Little Devil and her BFF had a wonderful dining experience in Itacho Sushi @ Ion Ocrhard, they insisted their hubbies to give this place a try. So we end up in their Changi Airport T3 outlet and we let LD and her BFF in charge of the ordering.

Spicy Salmon & Beancurd Sushi ($1.20 ea). A unique combination of crunchy beancurd on top of the sushi rice with spicy salmon. Nice presentation, the beancurd is crispy however you might not be able to eat the sushi in one bite.

Yellow Tail with Black Truffle Sauce ($2.40 ea) and Fatty Salmon sushi ($1.70 ea). The fresh fatty salmon kind of melts in your mouth, while the black truffle sauce gave the yellow sushi more earthy flavour to the sushi. Even the salmon sushi ($1.20 ea) is just fresh and succulent. Yummyy

Yellow Tail with Sea Salt ($2.40 ea) and Yellow Tail with Citrus Junos Sauce ($2.40 ea). Unlike the black truffle sauce, we find it difficult to detect the sea salt in this sushi. While the citrus junos sauce is very subtle, a definite tasty 'marriage' with the yellow tail.

Supreme Sea Eel ($6.50 ea). What a gorgeous presentation. Generous slab of eel, on top of tiny sushi rice. Basically a must try for eel lover like myself, but it can be a challenge to consume.

Sea Urchin with Rice ($15 ea). A must try for sea urchin lover. It is just you, the sea urchin and rice.

Little Devil loves this and always order it when she has a chance.

Due to the word limitation, please click on the link above for review on Roasted Sushi, Soba and Desserts!!

The decoration for this place is quite simple and zen. Service is average. It took them a while before they take our order or even get their attention when we need something or when we need to place more order, even when the restaurant is no longer crowded.

Overall, Itacho Sushi is a good place to come for your sushi experience. Price varies, starting from as cheap $0.40 up per sushi. Of course expect to pay premium when you want premium cuts. The best part is you will be assured of the fresh ingredients. Final note from LD, she feels that the ION Orchard branch is better than this branch. Cheers!!