Back to Jollibee#06-048A, Lucky Plaza, 304 Orchard Road

Spaghetti3 votes

Richard Navarro
 • 29 Apr 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
The first time I heard that Jollibee will be coming to Singapore as a Filipino I was excited.

I queue for 2 hours just to taste the chicken and it is the same as what they are serving in Philippines plus the chicken gravy that sometimes it becomes a rice sauce rather than a chicken sauce. Spaghetti sauce has a hint of difference but it's small that you don't bother. Sundae with hot fudge is very good. I always wonder why their vanilla ice cream is not purely white.

These days, queue only goes long in lunch and dinner. If you don't want to queue better go around 9am as there is no queue at all.

Hopefully they add the breakfast meals as I crave for their Longganisa all the time. And also hoping that they open one near in East Area.

Must tries: Chickenjoy, Chocolate Sundae, Burger Steak

After Work, Birthdays, Cheap Eat/Budget, Children/Family, Lunch, Take Away

makanarts
 • 25 Mar 2014 71 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For the full review and more photos, please visit http://makanarts.com/2014/03/24/jollibee-lucky-plaza/

Ever since Filipino fast-food chain Jollibee (which specializes in their fried chicken) opened their first outlet in Singapore at Lucky Plaza, crowd here has never failed to get shorter, with queues stretching over to the neighbouring units. However, the queue clears off fast as well, though be prepared to wait at least 15 minutes to make your order.

The 2-piece Chickenjoy with Rice and Drink ($6.60, +$0.20 to up-size drink) is the signature dish of the place. It’s not hard to see why. The chicken is crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside. As such, oiliness of the fried chicken is kept to the minimum. The rice and chicken is best mixed and dipped into the gravy provided, which tasted similar to the chicken gravy used in KFC’s Whipped Potato.

If you do not want rice, the 1-piece Chickenjoy with Spaghetti and Drink ($6.60, +$0.20 to up-size drink) is an alternative. This meal was topped up with additional fries ($1.50). The spaghetti is sweet and is full on tomato taste. The fries are crisp but is certainly not one of their highlights.

Definitely one of the better fried chicken joints around the Orchard area. Don’t let the queues repel you from going!

Hazelleo
 • 07 Oct 2013 69 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Dad wanted to try Jollibee when he was in Singapore on of the the weekend (Date of Visit: 4/8/2013). So, we headed to Lucky Plaza after our dinner just to try the chicken.
Little background story of Jollibee before moving on to my order :)
Jollibee is the largest fast food chain in the Philippines, with 780 stores nationwide. It has planted its roots across the globe with a total of 872 branches across South East Asia, the Middle East and North America till date. Continuing to spread the joy, it opens its first store in Singapore on 12 March 2013, at Lucky Plaza along the bustling Orchard Road.
Ever since it launches in Singapore, the queue has never ceased to extend beyond its restaurant’s perimeters.Since we wanted to try, we joined the queue too.However, the queue moved relatively fast though. It took about 15 minutes for us to get to the counter.
We ordered 6pcs chicken bucket @ S$16.00 (Amount due before GST: S$14.95). There are 5 of us so each of us had one piece to try and my dad ate two pieces.I think the brown sauce is signature for jollibee. It looks like mash potato gravy but doesn't taste like one. It compliments well with the crispy chicken. I would prefer the fried chicken here rather than Popeye's chicken. Crispy crumb chicken skin accompanied with the moist and tender texture of the chicken meat. It is not dry compared to other fast food chicken.
If the queue isn't too long and i can afford to queue, i will definitely patronize again. No wonder Filipinos here in Singapore got so excited when they knew that Jollibee is opening in Singapore.

For more blog reviews: http://www.hazeldiary.com

Must tries: Chickenjoy