Review for Jollibee (Lucky Plaza)

3.6

AmericanFilipino
Address: #06-048A, Lucky Plaza, 304 Orchard Road, 238863
07 Oct 2013
Overall

One of the Fastfood fried chicken choice

Dad wanted to try Jollibee when he was in Singapore on of the the weekend (Date of Visit: 4/8/2013). So, we headed to Lucky Plaza after our dinner just to try the chicken.

Little background story of Jollibee before moving on to my order :)

Jollibee is the largest fast food chain in the Philippines, with 780 stores nationwide. It has planted its roots across the globe with a total of 872 branches across South East Asia, the Middle East and North America till date. Continuing to spread the joy, it opens its first store in Singapore on 12 March 2013, at Lucky Plaza along the bustling Orchard Road.

Ever since it launches in Singapore, the queue has never ceased to extend beyond its restaurant’s perimeters.Since we wanted to try, we joined the queue too.However, the queue moved relatively fast though. It took about 15 minutes for us to get to the counter.

We ordered 6pcs chicken bucket @ S$16.00 (Amount due before GST: S$14.95). There are 5 of us so each of us had one piece to try and my dad ate two pieces.I think the brown sauce is signature for jollibee. It looks like mash potato gravy but doesn't taste like one. It compliments well with the crispy chicken. I would prefer the fried chicken here rather than Popeye's chicken. Crispy crumb chicken skin accompanied with the moist and tender texture of the chicken meat. It is not dry compared to other fast food chicken.

If the queue isn't too long and i can afford to queue, i will definitely patronize again. No wonder Filipinos here in Singapore got so excited when they knew that Jollibee is opening in Singapore.

For more blog reviews: http://www.hazeldiary.com

Chickenjoy

More reviews of Jollibee

Jolly good time

Jollibee is actually a Filipino fast food that just came into the country in the last few years. The taste of the meal is quite interesting. They Have fried chicken, spaghetti and even a beef patty. All except the spaghetti is topped with the gravy of a mash potato. If u are someone who enjoys spicy food then you have to know that all their food is not spicy at all so just take chilli sauce and enjoy them with your fried chicken! Or maybe, just try and enjoy ur meal without chilli for once.

Good Chicken and Gravy

View the full menu with prices here: http://chewingyum.com/2015/11/18/jollibee/

Jollibee always has a long queue, and that had always put me off eating there. But, when I was there at an off timing I decided to give it a go. The queue was not too bad, and the chicken did not dissapoint at all! Pretty good chicken, enchanced by the gravy. I have to admit though that it was not exactly very filling. If you were very hungry, you'd definitely not be satisfied with a meal here. Overall though, pretty good fried chicken. Check it out.

Jollibee

For full review, please visit https://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2014/07/19/jollibee-lucky-plaza/

Fast food for brunch!!!!!!!! Filipino style. The diced hotdog in the spaghetti were ok. Sauce was tomato-ish and pretty tasty. Crispy chicken was crispy and slightly oily but not very fragrant. I doubt it’s a popular fast food but at least I tried before!
Overall

yummy but pricy fried chicken

I honestly love the jollibee fried chicken. In fact, if I could choose between KFC,  Popeyes and Jollibee, I would definitely go for Jollibee simply because the batter is not so thick and the chicken is succulent. I also think it's cool that they give you a little tub of brown gravy to dunk the chicken in. Suits the chicken very well!

Its a pity that they provide Kimball chilli and tomato sachets for people to add to their food because I don't think Kimball's chilli is the best chilli out there, so it kind of does their chick en a disservice.

much as i love their chicken,  I felt really stupid for falling for the hamburger steak Against my better judgement.  It's just like eating a (rather mediocre ) hamburger patty with gravy. I think anyone can make something quite similar with mince beef at home!

I also wouldn't bother eating their spaghetti. .. it looks like it comes from a can. if you want to eat this kind of cheapo spaghetti , I'm sure you can whip some up at home that will taste better than this!!!

Love jollibee

Love Jollibee very much. Ordered the chicken joy and will definitely go back despite the long queue.

The chicken is crispy and nicely marinated, the mashed potatoes have hint of sweet in its taste, the rice is creatively molded into a bun and served like a burger, and the gravy struck the perfect balance between sweet and saltiness that makes you crave for more.

There are so many more entrees on the menu that demand tasting. Will definitely go back Jollibee for more scrumptious food.