Summary

Chickenjoy, Spaghetti, Chocolate Sundae, Burger Steak, Jolly Hotdog View all
Children/Family, After Work, Cheap Eat/Budget, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Take Away View all

One of the Fastfood fried chicken choice

Dad wanted to try Jollibee when he was in Singapore on of the the weekend (Date of Visit: 4/8/2013). So, we headed to Lucky Plaza after our dinner just to try the chicken.

Little background story of Jollibee before moving on to my order :)

Jollibee is the largest fast food chain in the Philippines, with 780 stores nationwide. It has planted its roots across the globe with a total of 872 branches across South East Asia, the Middle East and North America till date. Continuing to spread the joy, it opens its first store in Singapore on 12 March 2013, at Lucky Plaza along the bustling Orchard Road.

Ever since it launches in Singapore, the queue has never ceased to extend beyond its restaurant’s perimeters.Since we wanted to try, we joined the queue too.However, the queue moved relatively fast though. It took about 15 minutes for us to get to the counter.

We ordered 6pcs chicken bucket @ S$16.00 (Amount due before GST: S$14.95). There are 5 of us so each of us had one piece to try and my dad ate two pieces.I think the brown sauce is signature for jollibee. It looks like mash potato gravy but doesn't taste like one. It compliments well with the crispy chicken. I would prefer the fried chicken here rather than Popeye's chicken. Crispy crumb chicken skin accompanied with the moist and tender texture of the chicken meat. It is not dry compared to other fast food chicken.

If the queue isn't too long and i can afford to queue, i will definitely patronize again. No wonder Filipinos here in Singapore got so excited when they knew that Jollibee is opening in Singapore.

For more blog reviews: http://www.hazeldiary.com

Most helpful reviews for Jollibee (Lucky Plaza)

As Good as Tenderfresh or coffeeshop spring chicken standards only

I was curious and decided to try this well known filippino brand.

I'm a fried chicken fan and I am disappointed with the taste. It's only as good as our local coffeeshop fried chicken, nowhere as good as Texas or KFC etc. No fight.

There are many other good places to eat fried chicken so give this a miss. Even their double burgers are positively tiny. Not worth the price though it's quite tasty. It looks ugly too.

The provided rice with the two piece meal was good though. I found it within expectations. Fries wise, not worth the effort and calories.

Overall, I rather spend my money on KFC or Texas or even Arnolds than here because it's not worth the price for the taste. Nothing special.

Jollibee Singapore Review

An excerpt from my blog post here: http://bit.ly/14kKrXh
So how is Jollibee Singapore? Everybody I have spoken to about the new Jollibee warned me that the best course of practice would be to avoid the place for the next six months until the queues had calmed down. News reports and rumours from friends confirmed that the crowds at Jollibee were extremely high and approaching levels only seen before in Singapore when Ikea discounted its meatballs one day to ten cents. However, unable to contain my curiousity for six months, I found myself braving the hordes of chickenjoy addicts and joining the throng just ten days after its opening day.

At first glance the queue was not so bad – no worse than some chicken rice places in Raffles Place at lunchtime. Then my eyes followed the queue into the waiting area that snaked around the side of the restaurant and knew that I was going to be waiting for quite some time. A huge line of people triple-backed on itself in the waiting hold which was composed of mainly Filipinos, a handful of Singaporean families who were excited about joining such a long queue (“Look how many people are queuing! It must be good!”), and one very obvious white guy (myself). I joined the carnival-like atmosphere of the queue and settled myself in to a long wait. For everyone’s information, I joined the queue at 18.11 on a Thursday evening and ordered my food at 20.11 – EXACTLY two hours later. The shutters to join the queue were closed down at about seven o’clock, but I have heard rumours about people still queuing late into the night and forcing the store to stay open till 2am in the morning. The general consensus seems to be that the crazy queues are only going to die down after 3 – 6 months, and that Sunday (when Singapore’s large Filipino maid community enjoy their day-off) is a definite no-go.

The Food Verdict?

Overall, it was a very satisfying experience. There are a few items from the Filipino menu missing from the Singapore menu like the palabok (J: I want palabok too!!!) and the Champ/Aloha burger which may disappoint some fans, and I don’t believe there is currently a breakfast menu. Old favorites like the burger steak and the spaghetti are on the menu but I didn’t really see anybody going for these options as chickenjoy seemed to be the major draw. I would recommend Jollibee as a great alternative to the familiar fast-food faces that already exist in Singapore – just adjust your expectations accordingly for the extremely long queues that currently exist. Take an iPad, a downloaded copy of Candy Crush, and some friends and you’ll be fine.

Finally an outlet in Singapore!

For the full review, visit my blog at: http://melicacy.com/?p=5320

Since its launch in Singapore, the queue has never ceased to extend beyond its restaurant’s perimeters –the bustle goes on throughout the entire day with no allowance for a breather.

Hungry patrons were willing to wait one to two hours in the queue, while hardworking staffs constantly serve with efficiency and geniality, maintaining composure in hectic situations. Orderly and organised best describe the crowded scenario.

The menu here in Singapore is less extensive than the one in the Philippines, but they are planning to bring in new items progressively. The quintessential favourites take centre stage for now; they are of the same quality and taste as the ones served in the Philippines.
Jollibee’s spaghetti sauce is slightly sweet, tangy and savoury, laced with ground beef, chunky slices of savoury ham and sausages, served over spaghetti and topped with melty cheese.

At Jollibee, fried chicken would typically be accompanied by rice and gravy.       The brown gravy, I must say, is highly addictive. I’m instantly reminded of the gravy that accompanies mashed potato.     The nicely seasoned chicken is crisp on outside, tender and juicy on the inside. It sounds cliché, but there is no better phrase to describe the perfect fried chicken than this –it is simply drool-worthy and unpretentious fried chicken.   I like my rice coated in Jollibee’s gravy –every single grain, coated with the savoury goodness. A Value Meal comes with a drink and fries.

Jolly good time

Jollibee is actually a Filipino fast food that just came into the country in the last few years. The taste of the meal is quite interesting. They Have fried chicken, spaghetti and even a beef patty. All except the spaghetti is topped with the gravy of a mash potato. If u are someone who enjoys spicy food then you have to know that all their food is not spicy at all so just take chilli sauce and enjoy them with your fried chicken! Or maybe, just try and enjoy ur meal without chilli for once.

Good Chicken and Gravy

View the full menu with prices here: http://chewingyum.com/2015/11/18/jollibee/

Jollibee always has a long queue, and that had always put me off eating there. But, when I was there at an off timing I decided to give it a go. The queue was not too bad, and the chicken did not dissapoint at all! Pretty good chicken, enchanced by the gravy. I have to admit though that it was not exactly very filling. If you were very hungry, you'd definitely not be satisfied with a meal here. Overall though, pretty good fried chicken. Check it out.