Reviews for Katsuya

AsianJapanese
Luv 2 eat

Journey to Katsuya !!!

A Friend recommended me to this place which specializes in Tonkatsu(my luv). We headed there as soon as we could from J.East. It was very much full as it was wkend evening.

Upon entering, I was told tat waiting time est. 30mins. Since i'm here already.. So y not;) [1 Chef in Kitchen 1 Service in Hall..] LOL (Muz b kidding me.) waited ard 25mins all my orders came out. SURPRISED! Inspite we order Wagyu(tataki), Mix Katsu, Sashimi & etc. Fd was really well waited and travelled for. Non-oily is kinda of the "KEY" here(Sunflower Oil). Waited a little to get some service for my sake.. but it's totally alright. We aren't looking for fast food anyway. Was told tat their PT staff went holiday tat's y left with 2 of them... Still, well organized. We'll definitely be back again soon.
07 Oct 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Journey to Katsuya !!!

03 Oct 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Average only...

Saw the review in HGW and decided to try it since it is near my house too. I've been a tonkotsu lover all these while and have tried Saboten and Tonkinchi but Katsuya is still not there to compete with both yet. They have a specialty dish which is their lamb katsu but it wasn't fantastic at all. The lamb got a strong smell and too fatty. I didn't like it personally. As for the tonkotsu, we ordered the pork loin, it was ok only as the underneath crispy part went soggy. Ebi is so so also as the prawn is big but not crunchy. We asked for more wasabi but was told to pay $1 for it. Then when we asked to top up the cabbage, only those who order a main dish by itself get to top up. If u order a mix set to share then you are not eligible for the free flow rice and cabbage. Well, how much can a cabbage and wasabi cost? In total we spent $400 in that restaurant itself but was declined for some of our simplest request. I thought it didn't leave a good impression by all the encounters. But of coz the good part is the sashimi and the sake selections which are very nice and fresh...
28 Sep 2014 • 12 reviews • 0 follower

crispy non oily katsu with pleasant service and homely ambience!

The set is quite affordable at $21 (hopefully the price won't be increased!). The katsu is crispy and tender and non oily. We took the cheesy chicken which had mozzarella cheese oozing out, and the non fatty pork that was indeed still juicy. The cabbage salad that comes with the set is fresh and crisp. The rice is pearly and tastes premium. Love the seaweed sesame topping that comes with it. The ambience is homely with a relaxed feel and the service is excellent. Would visit again.