Summary

Value3
12-hour pork, black-ink risotto, Avocado-Wasabi Tuna Tartare + Flour Chips, Angel hair with cream of ebiko, Raw's Seafood Ceviche, Soft shell crab, pork belly, seared scallops View all
Dinner, After Work, Hidden Find, Chillout, Romance/First Dates, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Quiet, Relaxed, Girls Night Out, Anniversary, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Waterfront View all

loved this outlier place

It took me quite a bit of walking from Lavendar MRT to find this place, but it was well worth it.

The setting looks like an abandoned building, but it starts getting alive when one enters the building.

At a recent visit, I had some tuna sashimi which was very fresh, as well as an interesting rendition of bulgogi wrap in lettuce. I liked the richness of the bulgogi.

Other than the delectable light bites, Kilo offers a nice "out of town" vibe in a relaxing atmosphere that is ideal for drinks to catch up with the boys.

Service is friendly and efficient.

Most helpful reviews for Kilo Kitchen (Kallang)

Seek and ye shall find some pretty divine cuisine

Bit off the beaten track is Kilo.  Even when standing right outside the building you'd be hard pressed to tell it's where this little gem is hiding, just beside Kallang river.

Seek it out though (advance booking essential BTW), and you will be rewarded with a low key interior, but high quality cuisine.  Bare polished concrete floors, and walls open to the elements make for a casual, relaxed atmosphere which I really like.

The food certainly impresses.  Spicy mint salmon sashimi and tuna wasabi tartare were different takes on classic dishes.  For meat lovers, the slow cooked beef short ribs, and the chilli lime spicy pork were both surefire hits.

Price wise, it's good value for the quality of food. I'll definitely return here.

Unique quality food and location

Doesn't look much from outside - but as ABC said if you judge a book by a cover, do you judge the look by the lover ?

Anyway as you ponder that let me describe our scrumptious meals. Went with me mum over from blighty and me fiancee (second time with her).

We shared starter - bbq ribs with potatoes - very nice bbq sauce - best yet in Singapore I've found.

Mains I had fillet steak - perfectly cooked for me at medium rare (on menu in Australian ie tenderloin), fiancee had some very nice lamb rack - and mum hit a gem with rabbit.

Washed down with nice red - and finished off with lava cake (choc) with some lovely strawberries and ice cream - again we shared.

Minor criticism with service on both occasions we've been here we've been told something we ordered is off menu when it is not. And main courses seemed stretched in terms of serving each dish. But the food is fantastic and fresh.

Infuriating service

Ambience 1| Service 1

We made a reservation for 2 people and were horrified to have been allocated the worst seat in the restaurant - right next to the kitchen where one could feel the heat.    We asked to change the tables but was turned down. Yet, another group of 2 next to us and arrived later successfully changed their table. This was absolutely infuriating. The server told us that the other group could change tables just because they had a birthday celebration.

Infuriating service

Ambience 1| Service 1

We made a reservation for 2 people and were horrified to have been allocated the worst seat in the restaurant - right next to the kitchen where one could feel the heat.    We asked to change the tables but was turned down. Yet, another group of 2 next to us and arrived later successfully changed their table. This was absolutely infuriating and we left.

Overpriced hipster food

A meal at kilo will set you back a few hundred dollars and you will likely get some decent food. is it worth the money? are $8 lattes worth it? Well some hipsters think so. And that is the story behind Kilo.

I would imagine that it was started by hipsters for hipsters, who want to be different in every way including what they eat.

food is generally okay here, but not the best. the outlandish creations work sometimes but for the most part fall far from being acceptable to regular folks.