Back to Kilo#02-01, TURE, 66 Kampong Bugis

Waterfront3 votes

Cai Jinhong
 • 15 Feb 2014 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This place has great ambience, it is located in a quiet spot near the kallang river away from the bustle of the cityscape. You can occupy a romantic seat overlooking the river or take a stroll along the river after the meal. The waiters are friendly, and they have a nice waiting lounge located at the 8th level. The food does take a little long to he prepared and when the food was served it was only average.

Must tries: 12-hour pork

After Work, Anniversary, Chillout, Dinner, Night Out, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates, Trendy, View/Scenery, Waterfront

NicoleWatson
 • 07 Aug 2013 15 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For pics and an in depth review, please visit my blog here:

I've heard such amazing things about Kilo from colleagues, friends, magazines, reviews (everywhere, really!),  and was absolutely dying to try it. Unfortunately, I was completely disappointed and didn't think it lived up to the hype at all.
We were served by a waitress who seemed completely blase and disinterested in answering any of our questions. The food was decent, but definitely not mind blowing.  Our favourite dish of the night was the avocado wasabi tuna tartare, which was incredibly fresh and perfectly balanced by the creamy avocado. The crispy squid, on the other hand, had way too much batter on it causing it to become soggy really fast. Lastly, their 12 hour roasted pork belly wasn't as succulent as we'd hoped and the pork cracklings which accompanied it were too big and chewy to bite into!
The decor was incredibly raw and minimalistic, which was quite refreshing but not really my cup of tea.
To find out more of my thoughts on their dishes as well as what interesting concoction arrived when we ordered the gyoza, please visit my blog above!

After Work, Chillout, Dinner, Relaxed

Singapore Noms
 • 08 Jul 2013 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The Kilo Kitchen at Kamping Bugis made us keel over with full and satisfied tummies!
Sometimes a place comes along that can lighten up even my jaded and cynical palate. I was taken to Kilo as a surprise dinner by a certain special person who revealed nothing to me beforehand about where we were going or what was for dinner. All that I knew was that I had absolutely no idea where I was going as I was led through a previously unexplored quiet part of town near Lavender MRT station, heart pounding as I wondering what was going to happen? Was I going to get raped? Was I going to get kidnapped by sexually aggressive militant activists from the Filipino terrorist organisation the MILFs? Would they then lock me in a cell for the rest of my life and force me to breed, constantly, with their more beautiful female members in some sick eugenics program? I thought of all these things, until I arrived; with a huge erection; at a non-descript white building in the middle of a field...

Read more about our dinner at Kilo Kitchen here: https://singaporenoms.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/kilo-kitchen-review/

Must tries: Avocado-Wasabi Tuna Tartare + Flour Chips