Summary

Value3
12-hour pork, black-ink risotto, Angel hair with cream of ebiko, Avocado-Wasabi Tuna Tartare + Flour Chips, Raw's Seafood Ceviche, Soft shell crab, pork belly, seared scallops View all
Dinner, After Work, Chillout, Hidden Find, Romance/First Dates, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Quiet, Relaxed, Girls Night Out, Anniversary, Boys Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining, Waterfront View all

Kilo Kitchen is a Must Visit!

The Kilo Kitchen at Kamping Bugis made us keel over with full and satisfied tummies!

Sometimes a place comes along that can lighten up even my jaded and cynical palate. I was taken to Kilo as a surprise dinner by a certain special person who revealed nothing to me beforehand about where we were going or what was for dinner. All that I knew was that I had absolutely no idea where I was going as I was led through a previously unexplored quiet part of town near Lavender MRT station, heart pounding as I wondering what was going to happen? Was I going to get raped? Was I going to get kidnapped by sexually aggressive militant activists from the Filipino terrorist organisation the MILFs? Would they then lock me in a cell for the rest of my life and force me to breed, constantly, with their more beautiful female members in some sick eugenics program? I thought of all these things, until I arrived; with a huge erection; at a non-descript white building in the middle of a field...

Read more about our dinner at Kilo Kitchen here: https://singaporenoms.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/kilo-kitchen-review/

Most helpful reviews for Kilo Kitchen (Kallang)

Great dinner experience

Amazing food - be sure to order the prawn pasta and beef sashimi.

Excellent service - from the moment we stepped out of the lift till we left, service staff took care of us professionally

Great ambience - got a little stuffy at times (no aircon), but it was breezy and well ventilated.

Location - not the most accessible, but Google maps does wonders.

Overall, a great experience! Will be back to try other fascinating creations.

Seek and ye shall find some pretty divine cuisine

Bit off the beaten track is Kilo.  Even when standing right outside the building you'd be hard pressed to tell it's where this little gem is hiding, just beside Kallang river.

Seek it out though (advance booking essential BTW), and you will be rewarded with a low key interior, but high quality cuisine.  Bare polished concrete floors, and walls open to the elements make for a casual, relaxed atmosphere which I really like.

The food certainly impresses.  Spicy mint salmon sashimi and tuna wasabi tartare were different takes on classic dishes.  For meat lovers, the slow cooked beef short ribs, and the chilli lime spicy pork were both surefire hits.

Price wise, it's good value for the quality of food. I'll definitely return here.

Unique quality food and location

Doesn't look much from outside - but as ABC said if you judge a book by a cover, do you judge the look by the lover ?

Anyway as you ponder that let me describe our scrumptious meals. Went with me mum over from blighty and me fiancee (second time with her).

We shared starter - bbq ribs with potatoes - very nice bbq sauce - best yet in Singapore I've found.

Mains I had fillet steak - perfectly cooked for me at medium rare (on menu in Australian ie tenderloin), fiancee had some very nice lamb rack - and mum hit a gem with rabbit.

Washed down with nice red - and finished off with lava cake (choc) with some lovely strawberries and ice cream - again we shared.

Minor criticism with service on both occasions we've been here we've been told something we ordered is off menu when it is not. And main courses seemed stretched in terms of serving each dish. But the food is fantastic and fresh.

Infuriating service

Food/Drink N/A | Value N/A | Ambience 1 | Service 1

We made a reservation for 2 people and were horrified to have been allocated the worst seat in the restaurant - right next to the kitchen where one could feel the heat.    We asked to change the tables but was turned down. Yet, another group of 2 next to us and arrived later successfully changed their table. This was absolutely infuriating. The server told us that the other group could change tables just because they had a birthday celebration.

Infuriating service

Food/Drink N/A | Value N/A | Ambience 1 | Service 1

We made a reservation for 2 people and were horrified to have been allocated the worst seat in the restaurant - right next to the kitchen where one could feel the heat.    We asked to change the tables but was turned down. Yet, another group of 2 next to us and arrived later successfully changed their table. This was absolutely infuriating and we left.