Back to Kilo#02-01, TURE, 66 Kampong Bugis
NicoleWatson
 • 07 Aug 2013 15 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For pics and an in depth review, please visit my blog here:

I've heard such amazing things about Kilo from colleagues, friends, magazines, reviews (everywhere, really!),  and was absolutely dying to try it. Unfortunately, I was completely disappointed and didn't think it lived up to the hype at all.
We were served by a waitress who seemed completely blase and disinterested in answering any of our questions. The food was decent, but definitely not mind blowing.  Our favourite dish of the night was the avocado wasabi tuna tartare, which was incredibly fresh and perfectly balanced by the creamy avocado. The crispy squid, on the other hand, had way too much batter on it causing it to become soggy really fast. Lastly, their 12 hour roasted pork belly wasn't as succulent as we'd hoped and the pork cracklings which accompanied it were too big and chewy to bite into!
The decor was incredibly raw and minimalistic, which was quite refreshing but not really my cup of tea.
To find out more of my thoughts on their dishes as well as what interesting concoction arrived when we ordered the gyoza, please visit my blog above!

After Work, Chillout, Dinner, Relaxed