Back to Korean BBQ#02-21/22, City Square Mall, 180 Kitchener Road

Buffet5 votes

Lau Wan Xin
 • 19 Jul 2012 13 reviews 22 followers
Overall
A group of friends and I had Korean BBQ some months ago. This food is not worth trying especially if you love beef. We have to pay extra for beef slices and it is not cheap.

However, if you love all the other korean dishes such as Kim Chi Soup, pancake etc, you can get it at Korean BBQ together with the buffet. If you love meat, try Jang Shou at Katong Village or 2D1N! They serve much better meat!

Dinner, After Work, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy

Chester Chua
 • 23 Jun 2012 14 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I've not been to many Korean BBQ buffets, but after doing some research, I decided this was one of the most value-for-money ones. Most other buffets have primarily BBQ (self-service), but this has BBQ, all the soups (I enjoyed the budae jigae), bibimbap etc., and it's a la carte buffet.

Some of the meats were pretty good, with the spicy marinated pork belly and the beef bulgogi (mix it with some mushrooms and onions) being my favourites. It was somewhat disappointing that they didn't have beef short ribs (it'll require an $8 top-up per serving).

Service was great considering that it's a BBQ buffet place. The staff kept offering to change the grill and clear the plates. At one point, one waiter noticed that my friend was using up her napkins, so he quickly brought her more.

The main complaint is the smell, but I would be surprised if any BBQ place can address that problem.

May not be the best quality, but certainly one of the most value-for-money at just $26++. Definitely worth going back.

Must tries: mixed bbq stew, mixed bulgogi stew

Bloop PZ
 • 05 Feb 2012 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Me and my friend were pondering on what to eat when we were in City Sq Mall when we came across this restaurant. As it was a weekend and we were having a late lunch, we couldn't try the ala carte lunch buffet, so we ordered a Kimchi Soup, a Chicken Bulgogi and 2 plain rice.

There were 8 side dishes and even though most are not really authentic Korean side dishes, I really like them and I think most Singaporeans will also prefer them to the authentic Korean side dishes.

Next, the Kimchi Soup was really nice too. Its spicyness was just right for me and the rice cakes in it was not bad too. Really good for a cold rainy day!

The Chicken Bulgogi was REALLY good. :) It's a little sweet so it's very suitable for children and for adults, you can add the chilli paste the restaurant serves to it, and the meat tastes just as good. The chicken is very tender and cooked very nicely. I recommend you to try this dish if you enjoy bulgogis.

I will definitely try their lunch buffet soon.

Oh! This restaurant also plays KPOP songs so it is quite fun for us(KPOP fans) to listen and eat at the same time. They also offer Victoria's from f'(x) favourite alcohol.

Buffet, Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Chillout, Quiet