Reviews for Korean BBQ

AsianBarbecueKorean
Address: #02-21/22, City Square Mall, 180 Kitchener Road, 205839

Value-for-money Korean BBQ buffet

I've not been to many Korean BBQ buffets, but after doing some research, I decided this was one of the most value-for-money ones. Most other buffets have primarily BBQ (self-service), but this has BBQ, all the soups (I enjoyed the budae jigae), bibimbap etc., and it's a la carte buffet.

Some of the meats were pretty good, with the spicy marinated pork belly and the beef bulgogi (mix it with some mushrooms and onions) being my favourites. It was somewhat disappointing that they didn't have beef short ribs (it'll require an $8 top-up per serving).

Service was great considering that it's a BBQ buffet place. The staff kept offering to change the grill and clear the plates. At one point, one waiter noticed that my friend was using up her napkins, so he quickly brought her more.

The main complaint is the smell, but I would be surprised if any BBQ place can address that problem.

May not be the best quality, but certainly one of the most value-for-money at just $26++. Definitely worth going back.

• 21 Apr 2015 • 4 reviews • 0 follower

Korean bbq at city square mall

Overall
We were looking forward to trying this restaurant after reading the favorable reviews but we're surprised to find out that the restaurant closed down and replaced with a pastamania. So bummed!
• 19 Jul 2012 • 13 reviews • 22 followers

bad

Overall
A group of friends and I had Korean BBQ some months ago. This food is not worth trying especially if you love beef. We have to pay extra for beef slices and it is not cheap.

However, if you love all the other korean dishes such as Kim Chi Soup, pancake etc, you can get it at Korean BBQ together with the buffet. If you love meat, try Jang Shou at Katong Village or 2D1N! They serve much better meat!

• 23 Jun 2012 • 14 reviews • 0 follower