Reviews for (Closed) L'Angolo Ristorante Italiano

EuropeanItalianWesternWine
hungryinsingapore

one of the better Italian restaurants around

for pictures: http://hungryinsingapore.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/langolo-ristorante-dinner/

Zuppa di Pomodori A.Marzano – $16.00++

S.Marzano Tomato Soup

This portion is half of the original as we told the waiters we were sharing and they kindly separated it into 2 for us before serving. I kind of like this idea.

The tomato soup was very fragrant and tasted like it was made from fresh roasted tomatoes.

Mozzarella di Bufala Campana con Pomodori di Sicilia e Melanzane – $26.00++

Buffalo Mozzarella with Sicily Tomato and Eggplant

Again, the portion was halved for us. The buffalo mozzarella has less dairy flavour than the typical cow mozzarella. It not only looks like poached egg, the texture is similar too, soft and squishy.

Rucola con Scaglie di Parmigiano Reggiano – $15.00++

Rocket Salad with Parmigiano Reggiano

This salad was just plain rocket with dressing and parmasen. I like rocket salad so it’s fine for me. The leaves were crisp and fresh.

Tagliolini al Ragu d’Anatra e Caprino – $28.00++

Homemade Tagliolini with Duck Ragout and Goat Cheese

Unfortunately, the 2 pastas I wanted to try out (ravioli and gnocchi) were not available today. The tagliolini was al dente and very springy. I love the texture. Parmasen was grated on the pasta freshly upon serving. The sauce had a distinct goat cheese taste but after a few mouths the taste died down as my palate became accustomed to it. This was alright but I still wished I could try the ravioli or gnocchi.

Spaghetti Freshi con Gamberi Crystal Bay e Pomodoro Fresco – $30.00++

Homemade Spaghetti with Crystal Bay Prawns and Fresh Tomato

I prefer the tagliolini to the spaghetti as the spaghetti seemed to be less springy. The sauce tasted similar to the tomato soup.

Torta di Mele con Gelato alla Vaniglia – $13.00++

Apple Cake with Vanilla Gelato

The cake was moist and warm and paired well with the creamy vanilla gelato. The bunch of berries which look like lingonberries were very sour.

We were given some petit fours after our meal.

15 Feb 2012 • 153 reviews • 2 followers

one of the better Italian restaurants around

Zuppa di Pomodori A.Marzano – $16.00++

S.Marzano Tomato Soup

Mozzarella di Bufala Campana con Pomodori di Sicilia e Melanzane – $26.00++

Buffalo Mozzarella with Sicily Tomato and Eggplant

Again, the portion was halved for us. The buffalo mozzarella ha
28 Jan 2012 • 11 reviews • 1 follower

Really good food with a relaxing atmosphere

I went to lunch with my brother to L'Angolo. This place has been opened for a couple of months replacing the Osvaldo. I had no expectation of it and that can be a good thing.

I had my baby in a pram and there were a couple of steps to the restaurant. As my brother had no arrived yet, this made things a bit harder. Fortunately, the wait staff was observant and came to help me to carry the pram up the steps. Thumbs up for good service.

When we were given the menus, the waiter advised us that because of Chinese New Year, some dishes were not available as the suppliers were on holidays. This is a
The very beautiful Parma Ham Rocket Salad
28 Jan 2012 • 11 reviews • 0 follower

Michele You always made my Day when I see you!

Dear Michele,

Thank you for accommodating me to arrange the large group dinner for my staffs. They loved it very much. Of course they are all happy and drunk. Yes thanks for your Personal Wine collection too.

I must thank Chef Matteo and the wonderful service staffs who made me feel at home every time I visit. Love this place!