Wine Lists5 votes
Wheelchair Friendly3 votes

hungryinsingapore
 • 15 Feb 2012 151 reviews 2 followers
Overall
for pictures: http://hungryinsingapore.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/langolo-ristorante-dinner/

Zuppa di Pomodori A.Marzano – $16.00++

S.Marzano Tomato Soup

This portion is half of the original as we told the waiters we were sharing and they kindly separated it into 2 for us before serving. I kind of like this idea.

The tomato soup was very fragrant and tasted like it was made from fresh roasted tomatoes.

Mozzarella di Bufala Campana con Pomodori di Sicilia e Melanzane – $26.00++

Buffalo Mozzarella with Sicily Tomato and Eggplant

Again, the portion was halved for us. The buffalo mozzarella has less dairy flavour than the typical cow mozzarella. It not only looks like poached egg, the texture is similar too, soft and squishy.

Rucola con Scaglie di Parmigiano Reggiano – $15.00++

Rocket Salad with Parmigiano Reggiano

This salad was just plain rocket with dressing and parmasen. I like rocket salad so it’s fine for me. The leaves were crisp and fresh.

Tagliolini al Ragu d’Anatra e Caprino – $28.00++

Homemade Tagliolini with Duck Ragout and Goat Cheese

Unfortunately, the 2 pastas I wanted to try out (ravioli and gnocchi) were not available today. The tagliolini was al dente and very springy. I love the texture. Parmasen was grated on the pasta freshly upon serving. The sauce had a distinct goat cheese taste but after a few mouths the taste died down as my palate became accustomed to it. This was alright but I still wished I could try the ravioli or gnocchi.

Spaghetti Freshi con Gamberi Crystal Bay e Pomodoro Fresco – $30.00++

Homemade Spaghetti with Crystal Bay Prawns and Fresh Tomato

I prefer the tagliolini to the spaghetti as the spaghetti seemed to be less springy. The sauce tasted similar to the tomato soup.

Torta di Mele con Gelato alla Vaniglia – $13.00++

Apple Cake with Vanilla Gelato

The cake was moist and warm and paired well with the creamy vanilla gelato. The bunch of berries which look like lingonberries were very sour.

We were given some petit fours after our meal.

Brunch, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Quiet, Hidden Find, Wine Lists

Deniset Chin
 • 28 Jan 2012 11 reviews 1 follower
Overall
I went to lunch with my brother to L'Angolo. This place has been opened for a couple of months replacing the Osvaldo. I had no expectation of it and that can be a good thing.

I had my baby in a pram and there were a couple of steps to the restaurant. As my brother had no arrived yet, this made things a bit harder. Fortunately, the wait staff was observant and came to help me to carry the pram up the steps. Thumbs up for good service.

When we were given the menus, the waiter advised us that because of Chinese New Year, some dishes were not available as the suppliers were on holidays. This is a good sign as it probably means that food freshness means something to this restaurant.

We had:

Taleggio Cheese spread

We were served bread with a taleggio cheese spread. This was quite unique compared to the normal accompaniment of olive oil. I think the spread had anchovies in it and added another salty dimension to the cheese. Tasty.

Beef Carpaccio with truffles and celeriac salad

The salad had celeriac, rocket and walnuts. The walnuts went well with the earthy flavor of the truffles. I think that the ingredients complemented each other well. The beef could have done with a bit more salt and olive oil.

Homemade ink spaghetti with black cod, green asparagus and lemon flavor

This was my brother's dish. The dish taste like a spring/ summer dish with the green asparagus and lemon flavor. Cod fish is quite a robust fish and is a tougher texture fish like a piece of meat. There is a lovely freshness to this dish. My brother wanted more garlic in the dish. I was alright with it though.

Homemade Spaghetti with crystal bay prawns and fresh tomato

I love the homemade spaghetti. The pasta is freshly "homemade" by the chefs here but it is nothing like amateur stuff. The pasta is springy in texture and picks up the sauce well. The olive oil has a rich orange tone to it, picking up the tomato taste and maybe prawn shells fried in the oil then drained? The cooking technique is just my guess. The olive oil feels thicker and more viscous than normal almost like a reduction. I could lick the plate. Prawns were sweet and flavorful.

Crystal Bay prawns are from Australia (see http://www.crystalbayprawns.com.au/). I have eaten them a few times and always enjoy their sweet flavor. Australia prawns in my opnion are some of the best in the world. When I was in Sydney, even the supermarket cooked prawns would be full of flavor of the sea, both sweet and salty. The prawns here somehow lack the burst of flavor. I think the clean waters in Australia play a difference to the taste. It's like clean air make healthy people.

Cherry Gelati

I was the only one who had dessert. Italian desserts don't really wow me. I was craving for something to end the good meal so decided on gelati. I liked the flavor being cherry but not tasting artificial like cherry can be. It wasn't too sweet or sour and was well balanced. However, the gelati was a bit icy. This dish has a texture problem rather than a flavor one.

I really liked this place. Italian food is done as it should be. Simple flavors with good quality produce that shines. The produce helps the food speak for itself. When produce is good, you need less to prop your dish up.

Plus the service is quite good with the staff noticing when glasses need to be filled and help with the pram. The atmosphere relaxed as its not too fancy.

This place will give the other Italian places in the area a run for their money.

I'm salivating just thinking of eating here again, getting hungry.

For the pictures and other places in Tanjong Pagar, go to Tanjong Pagar Blog

robo sushi
 • 28 Jan 2012 11 reviews 0 follower
Dear Michele,

Thank you for accommodating me to arrange the large group dinner for my staffs. They loved it very much. Of course they are all happy and drunk. Yes thanks for your Personal Wine collection too.

I must thank Chef Matteo and the wonderful service staffs who made me feel at home every time I visit. Love this place!

Lunch, Dinner, Quiet
  • Medium Rare... I love the red...
  • Oh, this Squid Ink Black Cod Pasta! I m craving for it now.
  • Grilled Sea Bass. Tender, Juicy