dory with white wine butter rice4 votes
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining6 votes

julian lee
 • 11 Aug 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
We had sat down for dinner on Sunday, 4 Aug, when were were assailed by bad service.

Irritant #1: Ugh.
No menu was served to us. After waiting for 5 minutes, we had to call a local chinese waiter to serve us our menus.

Irritant #2: Double ugh.
The same local chinese waiter (young and with thick black specs) started nibbling on snacks in full view of the customers!

Irritant #3: About to lose our cool...
We tried waving to the waiters, who made it their mission not to look up at the customers. Instead they chatted among themselves. We did not know ordering was from the counter, so we got frustrated that no one served us.

Irritant #4: UNACCEPTABLE
We were seating near the glass panel which separated the serving counter. Because NONE of the three waiters at the counter paid any attention to our waving, we knocked on the glass panel.

A Filipina waiter bared her teeth angrily at us, with bulging eyes, hissing "ORDERING IS AT THE COUNTER, NOT AT THE TABLE".

Fancy that. Not paying attention to waving customers, then behaving aggressively to them. She made us feel like pariahs.

We felt this was unacceptable, so we put our money where our mouth was: We walked out. Thinking we were clever, we proceeded to the Serene Centre outlet...

...Only to be served by another similarly high-handed, aggressive, talk-down waiter. He was also a Filipino, a middle-aged male.

CONCLUSION: The better-than-average food shrivels in comparison to the atrocious service. Avoid these 2 restaurants - they do not deserve our patronage.

PickyFussy
 • 14 Jul 2013 18 reviews 0 follower
Overall
CONCLUSION: (1) WILL NOT COME BACK AGAIN (2) BAD BAD SERVICE AND ATTITUDE!

Sometimes when people talk about bad service, you may not think it will happen to you because you may not get served by the same waiter or maybe its an isolated incident. Hence I didn't think it would happen to me. Unfortunately, it did!!

Bad service - There is no GST or service charge in this restaurant so I was okay with going to the counter to place order for my food. I placed my order and asked the server what is the soup of the day. She casually pointed to the menu that was written on the glass. In my opinion, she could have just told me verbally what they were instead of just pointing there. What was worse is that I was standing behind the glass, hence, I had to READ on REVERSE?! So I told her in the face that the word is in reverse and she gave me a scornful face and told me what were the soup of the day. That was extremely rude and unacceptable. Even though I am not paying service charge, I believe you don't expect bad service because we don't pay service charge.

Mediocre food - Food was so-so. We had the dory fish, duck confit, salmon entree and escargot. Dory fish is pretty good and value for money. Salmon entree was too oily and average. Duck confit is also average (Saveur is better any time and cheaper). The croissant and sauce for the escargot was great but the escargot itself had some funny taste.

Value for money - Well I guess its not expensive but the food is really not fantastic.

Atmosphere - So so.

The horrible service left a bad taste in my mouth. Also, the arrangement of the place was bad. When I was ordering the food, I could see them take the frozen salmon from the fridge to the kitchen (passing me). I didn't really think I should see how they processed the food.

Must tries: dory with white wine butter rice

claire12
 • 13 Jul 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
As per all the reviews below.. Terrible service. Mediocre food that is expensive. DO NOT GO!

The servers were apathetic and extremely rude.
The food sloopily placed together, and was luke warm.
And I had diarrhea after.

You get better food from Mac's.