Lao Ban Soya Beancurd (Old Airport Road) (老伴豆花)

Summary

beancurd View all
Take Away, Large Groups/Gathering, Vibrant/Noisy, Children/Family, Supper, After Work, Lunch, Breakfast, Cheap Eat/Budget, Brunch, Chillout, Dinner View all

Smooth & Silky!

One of the best I've tried but slightly too sweet for my liking.
Full review here: Lao Ban Soya Beancurd (We Dare Food)

Most helpful reviews for Lao Ban Soya Beancurd (Old Airport Road)

'Modern' Beancurd

Lao Ban Soya Beancurd 老伴豆花 is a must try if you ever step into Old Airport Road Hawker Centre.

As I am writting this, I got to know of an article which was written by KF Seetoh about this stall. Click here for the link.

This was taken when I was there the first time during lunch time on a weekday. It was sold out, there was only almond favour left. (not a fan of almond) Instead, we went to try its competitor ‘51 Soya Bean‘. Will do a separate review at a much later time. The comparison is that Lao Ban Soya Beancurd is so much better/nicer.

On the 2nd visit, also during a weekday lunch time. My colleague went to queue for it. At least 15-20 minutes wait. I was told by my friend who went over during weekend that he queued 40minutes for this! If you notice carefully as you queue or eat in the hawker centre, some customers can buy 20 packets of this!

Their soya beancurd comes in original or almond flavour. The more popular favour is original which gets sold out first.

The beancurd looks so ordinary, plain. But well, looks can be deceiving! This beancurd is so soft, smooth, silky and looks like a jelly pudding. And unlike the normal beancurd (Tau Huay) that most Singaporeans are familiar with, this does not comes with sweet syrup. This beancurd practically melts in your mouth and liquid seems to burst out in your mouth. Moreover, it is just slide down your throat. At $1.50, this is a relatively cheap dessert!

Trust me, give this a try and you will not regret it.If it is sold out in the afternoon, there will be another batch out in the evening.

Warning: once you eat this, it will never be the same eating other type of beancurds.

Full review and photos: http://foodiefc.blogspot.com/2011/09/lao-ban-soya-beancurd.html

Pudding, not tau huey

For full review and pictures please visit knockonfood

I had Original, Almond was sold out. Don't expect tau huey like I did, its more like a soya pudding. It was good, sweet and wobbly soft but I won't queue more than 10mins for it. Give me market tau huey with soya milk anytime.

All Time favourite

Lao Ban Dou Hua's beancurd always are my favourite.
The texture is smooth enough and not too sweet for me.

Highly recommend for those peopel who planning to come Singapore.
I am pretty sure you will get the second bowl of Lao Ban Dou Hua.

Awesome Tau Huay

The hype about Lao Ban tau huay is not without basis. With a soft and silky texture, the chilled sweet dessert is sure to leave you craving for more! The price is also pretty reasonable. Perhaps it'll be better if you takeaway and eat it in a nice comfy place instead of having it in the hawker centre...

More reviews on stalls in Old Airport Road Food Centre at http://awwsnapz.blogspot.sg/2015/01/singapore-hawker-food-trail-old-airport.html

Superb Beancurd

Lao Ban's beancurd will always be my favourite. The sweetness is spread evenly throughout the nicely textured beancurd and is a must try for all to eat! Usually when I eat it, one is never enough