Review for Latteria Mozzarella Bar

EuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 40 Duxton Hill, 089618
11 Apr 2012
Overall

simply nice romantic italian restaurant

Me and my friends were having a dinner last night in this restaurant, in the night the atmosphere were really romantic with a dim of candle light, warm welcoming from the italian manager, made us feel like in Italy.

we tried the burata cheese with a sweet peppers, its super! we all don't have any alergic with dairy food so we tried the cheeses there and we just loving it,

At first i didn't feel like to have seafood as my main course but the italian manager really helpful and suggest me to try the taglitelle seafood they have there.

and its just amazingly fresh and it's just yummy.

not only the pasta, but we also very satisfy with the last touch of Tiramisu.

by the way i read the review below before i went to Latteria, i was a little bit feared of it, but then after i went there and experienced ourself, it's just the opposite way...

overall, i recommend you all to try this restaurant. you will not regret it, it really rocks!

More reviews of Latteria Mozzarella Bar

Great Italian fare, excellent service

Been there twice, and fully satisfied and convinced that I will be back for more.

The service is great! They know the menu very well, and can be counted on to provide good recommendations, and no problem with letting them know if you would like to share the food. The courses are placed in the centre and they happily bring out plates to facilitate the sharing. And it is such a great way to try more of their excellent menu without stretching the limited stomach capacity!

Burrata is excellent, also the Burratina with pumpkin and Stracciatella with Eggplant. For mains, we had the specials for the day, gnocchi and risotto, both EXCELLENT. The lambshank for so tender that the meat just fell off readily from the bone.... and the gravy...Oooo...it took all of my self-control to stop myself from licking the plate clean....seriously that good. The grilled sea bass was fresh, moist, and flavorful (grilled with lemon and parsley), and again, we demonstrated how much we loved it by picking the bones clean. The only dish that was a little more ordinary was the steak striploin. In all fairness, it was ok, but paled in comparison to its more flavorful siblings on the menu.

Dessert was also very well done. Now, I am not much of a dessert person as I don't really have a sweet tooth (to give you an idea, I take coffee without sugar). We had the panna cotta, the tiramisu and the meringue cake. All were good (as declared by the dessert monsters amongst us) and thankfully for me, not too sweet. In fact, I would even go as far as to say, it is one of the best that I have had in Singapore.

Service was consistently friendly, chirpy with helpful advice. They were confident enough to banter with us, and even show off their language skills (non-Chinese staff showing off their mastery of the Chinese language), thus making us feel very much at home and welcomed. Icing on top....they even suggested which credit card we should use to settle the bill. :)

Excellent work guys. My friends and I really loved the service and the food. Keep it up!
Overall

Authentic food, commendable service and warm ambience

Chancing upon Latteria was an act of fate. The initial purpose of travelling to Duxton Road was to try the famous lobster roll at Pince and Pints. But lo and behold, the minimum waiting time was at least an hour. With rumbling tummies, we were forced to seek other dining options instead. Every cloud does have a silver lining. Walking around Duxton Hill aimlessly, we found ourselves at the beautiful patio of Latteria.

Please visit https://whattoeatah.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/latteria-mozzarella-bar/ for the full review.

Or you can also find me on instagram @whattoeatah
Overall

great setting let down by awful service

Been here three times now and the lasting impression from each visit is how the staff completely ignore you as you approach them. Each time we were left standing around by the door or the bar counter for 15 minutes without even a glance or an acknowledgement from the various staff that walked past us. Even the bar man at the bar where we sat ourselves whilst being ignored, ignored us. They do look extremely busy in all fairness and the lack of any smiles is testament to that. The food though is good, not amazing and the portions are huge. The Italian waiter looks like he's about to cry each time. Wine is cheap and the outdoor setting is great. The service is so bad though that they won't refill your wine glass from the bottle or even ask if you want more drinks. Been the same experience each time. What happened to the traditional cheery Italuan welcome??
Overall

Great food, great service, great value

Based on my experience for a week day set lunch sitting.

We arrived early for lunch and were warmly greeted.  Interiors of the restaurant were very pretty, with some unique architectural features that added to the ambience of the property.  We opted for the set lunch menu, which according to our server, was a regularly changing affair.

The bread was fantastic - crispy on the outside, absolutely light and fluffy on the inside.  One of the best breads I've had in an Italian restaurant.

My partner had a zucchini soup, mushroom pasta, and creme brulee.  I had a mozarella salad, beef cheek with mash and creme brulee. She liked her soup;I didn't.  Everything else was brilliant.  The salad was well topped with their fresh mozz and needless to say it was awesome.  My beef cheek was sucn tender perfection that I still dream of it from time to time. Her mushroom pasta was light and fresh and pleasing.  We loved the creme brulee - a very generous portion with a nice crispy burnt surface, and topped with a delicious strawberry jam/preserve.

The service provided was also brilliant - in fact our server was amongst the most knowledgeable, competent and sincere I've seen in local waitstaff. Needless to say, the set lunch was supreme value, and I'll definitely be back to try the ala carte menu.

Cheese lovers' paradise

This is one Italian restaurant where I would go again and again. The mozzarella appetizers are fresh and divine. The are meant to highlight the flavor of the cheese and they do just that. We have tried both the vegetarian pasta bakes and the truffle risotto and they are all very good. The must-try dish is the lamb shank. Perfectly cooked and melts in your mouth. The portions of everything are very generous. So if you have a bigger group, you can try more things. The service is excellent, though it can get very busy on a weekend night. Make sure you call ahead and try to get a table outdoors. Like I said before, this is a place I would keep going back to.