Reviews for Lau Phua Chay Authentic Roasted Delicacies

AsianCantoneseChinese
Ruby Goh

Excellent Roast Meat!

Got the roast duck, packed to go. The waiting took a while. The meat was deboned and absolutely tasty! My family loves it! This hawker centre has a lot of good food so while waiting, explore the rest.
13 Jul 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Excellent Roast Meat!

23 Nov 2011 • 249 reviews • 562 followers

Outstanding teocheow-style char siew!

If there is one thing the Teochews are not well known for, it is roasted duck. We are more famous for our braised duck. So when this Teochew ah hia (uncle) told me that his char siew and roast duck were cooked Teochew-style, it threw me off balance.
So what is so special about Teochew-style roast meat? The stall owner explained that Teochews love sweet things. Think orh nee (yam paste) and Teochew bak chang (rice dumplings) which have sweet bean paste in them. Teochew char siew is also much sweeter than usual. He shared that his marinade had bean paste and malt in it. Certainly, the
14 Feb 2011 • 6 reviews • 2 followers

More gravy please.

Ever since i know this stall, I can't stop myself falling in love with the food. My favorite dish will be the roast duck mixed char siew rice. The rice is topped with roast duck & char siew side by side drizzled with dark rich gravy which i can't resist. I often ask for more serving of the gravy. The char siew has this slight burnt taste with sweetness. The duck meat is soft but well-roasted duck skin. The duck rice is accompanied by a bowl of salted vegetable soup that goes well together.