Back to Lavaedge Restaurant E.Bar#01-72/73, Changi City Point, 5...

Stacey Tee
 • 10 May 2014 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Less than half filled on a Saturday night...maybe that's why. reasonable prices + kids eat free. what can possibly go wrong.

1) You are expected to lay your own tables. A stack of napkins, plates and a tumbler of utensils plonked in front of you after you are already seated. We had to distribute them ourselves. We made a prior reservation yet the tables were not ready when we reach. The restaurant wasnt even crowded. But we didnt mind.

2) Wrong food served despite repeating orders. The server repeated the wrong item during ordering and was corrected twice. When delivery came, not one, but 2 wrong items out of 8 items ordered. We highlighted the wrong items and was returned with puzzled looks as if we made the mistakes ourselves. We offered to take the wrong item since we have waited for a long time, and asked if the other (correct) order was already being prepared so that we don't trouble them to recook - we thought this was a nice gesture on our part. To our horror, the manager in charge (or possibly the owner) stormed out, told us there is no need to shout (???) and said that she can pay for it and eat it herself. Her face was black and she stormed back into the kitchen. Afterward some time she  came to our table and asked sacastically if all the orders are ok now. I also witnessed her talking bad about our table to her friends in the restaurant, in our presence. How's this for service. No apologies nothing for serving the wrong food in the first place. Customers have to get a scolding for patronising, and that moment it just felt ridiculous.

3) fish and chips, mac and cheese was good. steak was pre-cooked though.

4) Food took a long time to arrive although there wasnt many customers in the first place. last item arrived after almost everyone else has finished - but maybe due to the screwed orders.

Maybe they are seriously understaffed - only 2 servers in the whole restaurent. To give credit, the male staff was polite throughout. But the manager's behaviour leaves us completely shocked and disgusted.

If you need reasonable value and a reasonsable quiet place for meal, can give this place a try since its usually quite empty. But at your own risk pl.  Good chance of getting a tongue lashing. Now wondering if we should have paid the service charge. But one thing for sure. We will never return.

ZhuMing
 • 05 Feb 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Love the vibes in Lava Edge. The creative artsy deco gave a modern premium ambience. Heard from my boyfriend that it's a good chillout place after work. True enough, a scan of the environment sees some bar height tables, and outdoor dining options.

We went to Lava Edge for a quick lunch and on their menu was an attractive $9.90 lunch set offer, which includes a starter and a main. We ordered a smoked salmon and salad set, and another fish and fries with soup set.

The mushroom salad was rather refreshing, and portion generous for a starter.

The main, on the other hand, did not fare well. I felt that it the portion was rather small and tasted pretty normal. Perhaps this is what you get for the amount you pay? Then again, given the price, this place is worth a visit for the ambience, company and food to fill up your stomach while leaving some space for dessert!

Hope this helps!

Follow me at http://www.explorediscoverperfect.blogspot.sg/

Lunch
  • Fish & chips
  • Smoked salmon wrapped with fries
  • Mushroom salad. Like that this is quite refreshing.

islandees
 • 07 Aug 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU CAN! COMPLETELY RIP YOU OFF! Even if it is for free to dine, they will have to pay me! Honestly, I was stupid enough to purchase the groupon voucher for 2 pax for semi buffet lunch! Though I was hungry, there was nothing there to eat. Salads - some green leafy, kidney and beans, 2 kinds of condiments, tomatoes. Friend item - sweet potatoes!!!! Pastas (nothing to complement with it), 2 soups - diluted like water.
Complete SHOCK with this kind of food served as semi buffet, as even hawker food for $3 tasted better and more ingredient to go with!
Lastly, the bill for 2 is charged full price at $31.80++, total of $37.43. I did not get to eat anything, but still they have to charge me full GST and Service tax (Groupon says a value of $31.80), meaning I have to absorb their nonsense overcharge. Can some one tell me if this is against the Singapore Law for overcharging of taxes? Not forgetting the main course, they gave you a different menu and told you that the item you want to eat is not available becos the menu rotates, leaving out what you initially purchased for and instead, short change for something you dont want to eat!