Back to Lavaedge Restaurant E.Bar#01-72/73, Changi City Point, 5...

ZhuMing
 • 05 Feb 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Love the vibes in Lava Edge. The creative artsy deco gave a modern premium ambience. Heard from my boyfriend that it's a good chillout place after work. True enough, a scan of the environment sees some bar height tables, and outdoor dining options.

We went to Lava Edge for a quick lunch and on their menu was an attractive $9.90 lunch set offer, which includes a starter and a main. We ordered a smoked salmon and salad set, and another fish and fries with soup set.

The mushroom salad was rather refreshing, and portion generous for a starter.

The main, on the other hand, did not fare well. I felt that it the portion was rather small and tasted pretty normal. Perhaps this is what you get for the amount you pay? Then again, given the price, this place is worth a visit for the ambience, company and food to fill up your stomach while leaving some space for dessert!

Hope this helps!

Follow me at http://www.explorediscoverperfect.blogspot.sg/

Lunch
  • Fish & chips
  • Smoked salmon wrapped with fries
  • Mushroom salad. Like that this is quite refreshing.

islandees
 • 07 Aug 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU CAN! COMPLETELY RIP YOU OFF! Even if it is for free to dine, they will have to pay me! Honestly, I was stupid enough to purchase the groupon voucher for 2 pax for semi buffet lunch! Though I was hungry, there was nothing there to eat. Salads - some green leafy, kidney and beans, 2 kinds of condiments, tomatoes. Friend item - sweet potatoes!!!! Pastas (nothing to complement with it), 2 soups - diluted like water.
Complete SHOCK with this kind of food served as semi buffet, as even hawker food for $3 tasted better and more ingredient to go with!
Lastly, the bill for 2 is charged full price at $31.80++, total of $37.43. I did not get to eat anything, but still they have to charge me full GST and Service tax (Groupon says a value of $31.80), meaning I have to absorb their nonsense overcharge. Can some one tell me if this is against the Singapore Law for overcharging of taxes? Not forgetting the main course, they gave you a different menu and told you that the item you want to eat is not available becos the menu rotates, leaving out what you initially purchased for and instead, short change for something you dont want to eat!

jocelyn dandan
 • 01 Dec 2012 58 reviews 28 followers
Overall
Lava Edge , a really nice place to chill out, with live band & the singer had pretty decent voice. Thumbs up to the two singers last night! Lava Edge is located 'outside' Changi City Point. That area outside Changi City Point is also known as The Oasis! It's pretty happening over there at night, you be shocked to see a mini version of Clark Quay :) Pop by an take a look if you are at Changi City Pt doing some shopping!

Must tries: lava cake